Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Rich lfc said:
So we've scored the most goals in the league, won the most games, lost the least, are on an 11 game winning streak wih a very very small squad and it's a fluke, there are some decent level headed posters on here but there are also some unbelievably bitter fans on here, please don't moan about rawk and redcafe, this site is every it as bad.

And you are a guest on here!

They finished 7th last season, and then spent less than 30 Million Pound and now they are too close to win the League !

How do you consider that fluke ?

Its the best return on investment ever.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Cityinmyheart said:
1. No extra matches in Europe
So what? Everton haven't had any extra European matches and they've not raced through to the title from outside the top 4. Admittedly, not being in European competition has benefited Liverpool somewhat, but they have an effective system which puts the fear into teams and gets results. To begrudge them their success this season based on something that happened last season is unfair on the terrific achievement this year has been for them.

Not playing in Europe means saving energy,less chance of injury,more time to prepare for a league match and more chance of playing best 11 in the league week in and week out......You have had those luxuries whole season,,,,,,,if we were been given those luxuries we would have won the league breaking the 100 points record.

2. Early domestic cup Elimination.
So I guess our title win was a fluke, was it? We were out of both major cup competitions by the end of January and made pretty good work of getting ourselves knocked out of the Europa League in order to be fresh for the title run-in. Stop trying to begrudge Liverpool their success because you're jealous.

So a fan of the team that won the Carling Cup is jealous of a fan of the team that were kicked out in the first round #scouselogic

3. Luck with Injuries.(Suarez never seems to get injured)
He was suspended for the first 6 games of this season if I remember rightly. They've also had Coutinho, Sturridge and Enrique out for long parts of this season. They've had to play a right-back at left-back pretty much since the opening day (Flanagan) so to say they've had "luck with injuries" is far from the truth and again a showing of your jealousy.

Compare Suarez with Aguero......Suarez has missed 6 matches whereas Aguero has hardly played in the league in whole 2014.Silva,,,Nasri,,,Kompany and Yaya Fernandinho all getting injured in the critical time of the season

4 .Media love in and bias.
I don't even have to answer this one. It's ridiculous. You've got to be making these up now, surely? Have you seen the way the press fawn over Mourinho and Chelsea? Have you? I guess not.

Well if u underestimate the role of media then my friend you are living in a fools paradise,,,,,We have had nearly no support from media,,,,more of disruptive stories and media trying to ban our player for Yaya moving his legs and Kompany for kicking a wall

5.Huge refereeing decisions going in their favour.
820697790.gif

tiote-man-city.gif

Well ourselves and Chelsea haven't received 13 penalties this season that also in critical position of matches...THat newcastle goal if u go by the letter of the law was indeed offside.....In the same match there was a bad tackle on Nasri that went unpunished and Nasri got injured for 2 months and hasnt recovered that sort of form since

6.More than fair share of Luck.
You create your own luck when you're good enough to do it. Liverpool spend so much time in and around the opposition's penalty area that eventually a trip or a stumble is going to benefit them.

You sound jealous and nothing more, mate. Sorry.

Well swear by the dearest thing u have and tell me honestly if Suarez didnt deserved to be sent off for his ridiculise dive last week....If Ref was indeed fair and sent him off we would had beaten you and the table would had been telling a different story

No title win is a fluke, its earned over 38 games. The best team finishes top

Ducado said:
Rich lfc said:
So we've scored the most goals in the league, won the most games, lost the least, are on an 11 game winning streak wih a very very small squad and it's a fluke, there are some decent level headed posters on here but there are also some unbelievably bitter fans on here, please don't moan about rawk and redcafe, this site is every it as bad.

And while I genuinely have a soft spot for city, I have been amazed at the hatred and bitterness shown towards Liverpool I actually think its worse on here (for pure hatred) than redcafe, I am genuinely surprised.

To come out on top after 38 games and facing 19 different styles along the way cannot possibly be a fluke.

I think they've had a lot of things go their way, but you often need that to win the league.

In my opinion, Liverpool aren't the best side in this league this season, but they are definitely the most consistent.

That should be a very cold, hard lesson for our owners, management and players.

Rich lfc said:
Ducado said:
Rich lfc said:

And while I genuinely have a soft spot for city, I have been amazed at the hatred and bitterness shown towards Liverpool I actually think its worse on here (for pure hatred) than redcafe, I am genuinely surprised.
Perhaps you should look at the reasons why. The constant self-pity and sense of entitlement really does wind up a lot of people, me included. Plus, the attitude of a section of your supporters last weekend left a lot to be desired. Booing City players throughout the whole 90 minutes, cheering when Yaya was being subbed due to injury and then bricking some of our supporters' coaches. All the more annoying when you look at how we marked that day (the floral tribute by the club, the full page ad in your match programme, the impeccably observed minute's silence) Not to mention the rank hypocrisy of you lot. Constantly whinging about ''oil money'' and ''money doesn't buy class'', while conveniently forgetting/overlooking the Moores family/Littlewoods Pools money ploughed into your club in the sixties/seventies. Then there's the constant references to the Hillsborough victims. I even saw a comment today by one of your fans on how fitting it was to hit the 96 goal mark this week, to go with the comments on what a fitting tribute it would be if you won the league in the 25th anniversary of the disaster.. For fuck's sake; let them rest in peace, rather than constantly referencing them. No one will forget them, we don't need constant reminders.

jimharri said:
Rich lfc said:
Ducado said:

Perhaps you should look at the reasons why. The constant self-pity and sense of entitlement really does wind up a lot of people, me included. Plus, the attitude of a section of your supporters last weekend left a lot to be desired. Booing City players throughout the whole 90 minutes, cheering when Yaya was being subbed due to injury and then bricking some of our supporters' coaches. All the more annoying when you look at how we marked that day (the floral tribute by the club, the full page ad in your match programme, the impeccably observed minute's silence) Not to mention the rank hypocrisy of you lot. Constantly whinging about ''oil money'' and ''money doesn't buy class'', while conveniently forgetting/overlooking the Moores family/Littlewoods Pools money ploughed into your club in the sixties/seventies. Then there's the constant references to the Hillsborough victims. I even saw a comment today by one of your fans on how fitting it was to hit the 96 goal mark this week, to go with the comments on what a fitting tribute it would be if you won the league in the 25th anniversary of the disaster.. For fuck's sake; let them rest in peace, rather than constantly referencing them. No one will forget them, we don't need constant reminders.

The booing of city players (not the booing of toure) anyone who did that is scum, but I was amazed you had a 23 page thread moaning about being booed, utd chelsea and everton aswell as european teams have had the same treatment for years, but in all that time I have never heard an away fan moan about it, god help you lot in Istanbul if you don't like a hostile atmosphere, and this was sitting next to your thread moaning about your own lack of atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.