Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Rich lfc said:
jimharri said:
Rich lfc said:
The booing of city players (not the booing of toure) anyone who did that is scum, but I was amazed you had a 23 page thread moaning about being booed, utd chelsea and everton aswell as european teams have had the same treatment for years, but in all that time I have never heard an away fan moan about it, god help you lot in Istanbul if you don't like a hostile atmosphere, and this was sitting next to your thread moaning about your own lack of atmosphere.
What the fuck has Istanbul got to do with it? The game was being played in England, and I was using the normal behaviour of English football fans as my yardstick. Of course you get a hostile reception overseas; you expect it in Turkey or Naples. I'm 51, and I don't think I can remember witnessing an away team being booed constantly for the whole 90 minutes, not even the vermin. You asked why the hatred/dislike (you choose your term), I've explained it. When we played our part in your commemorations, we'd like to think we'd get some sort of, I don't know, acknowledgement or respect. Obviously not though.

Utd have been booed 10x worse at anfield over the last 30years at anfield, and Chelsea will get it far worse next weekend, but that's football get over it, 23 pages moaning about it really, I'm sure if ou could get the etihad as noisy and intimidating you would have a 23 page thread lauding it, I have never heard utd fans moan about being booed, with regard what happened to the coaches anyone involved in that is scum pure and simple.
Fine; you go ahead and keep making apologies for it. I'm not going to argue all night as you obviously won't accept what I say.

jimharri said:
Rich lfc said:
jimharri said:
What the fuck has Istanbul got to do with it? The game was being played in England, and I was using the normal behaviour of English football fans as my yardstick. Of course you get a hostile reception overseas; you expect it in Turkey or Naples. I'm 51, and I don't think I can remember witnessing an away team being booed constantly for the whole 90 minutes, not even the vermin. You asked why the hatred/dislike (you choose your term), I've explained it. When we played our part in your commemorations, we'd like to think we'd get some sort of, I don't know, acknowledgement or respect. Obviously not though.

Utd have been booed 10x worse at anfield over the last 30years at anfield, and Chelsea will get it far worse next weekend, but that's football get over it, 23 pages moaning about it really, I'm sure if ou could get the etihad as noisy and intimidating you would have a 23 page thread lauding it, I have never heard utd fans moan about being booed, with regard what happened to the coaches anyone involved in that is scum pure and simple.
Fine; you go ahead and keep making apologies for it. I'm not going to argue all night as you obviously won't accept what I say.

I just struggled to understand the thread I really did, but as you say we will agree to disagree, with regard the league, I do not for one minute think its over, far from it I am not that blinkered.

waspish said:
All planets aligned this season for Liverpool! If they do go on and win it can't see any team in the future finishing 7th the season before going on and winning the league the season after! It will go down as one of the best league wins ever

United 2014-2015 Premier League champions.

Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Rich lfc said:
jimharri said:
Rich lfc said:
And while I genuinely have a soft spot for city, I have been amazed at the hatred and bitterness shown towards Liverpool I actually think its worse on here (for pure hatred) than redcafe, I am genuinely surprised.
Perhaps you should look at the reasons why. The constant self-pity and sense of entitlement really does wind up a lot of people, me included. Plus, the attitude of a section of your supporters last weekend left a lot to be desired. Booing City players throughout the whole 90 minutes, cheering when Yaya was being subbed due to injury and then bricking some of our supporters' coaches. All the more annoying when you look at how we marked that day (the floral tribute by the club, the full page ad in your match programme, the impeccably observed minute's silence) Not to mention the rank hypocrisy of you lot. Constantly whinging about ''oil money'' and ''money doesn't buy class'', while conveniently forgetting/overlooking the Moores family/Littlewoods Pools money ploughed into your club in the sixties/seventies. Then there's the constant references to the Hillsborough victims. I even saw a comment today by one of your fans on how fitting it was to hit the 96 goal mark this week, to go with the comments on what a fitting tribute it would be if you won the league in the 25th anniversary of the disaster.. For fuck's sake; let them rest in peace, rather than constantly referencing them. No one will forget them, we don't need constant reminders.

The booing of city players (not the booing of toure) anyone who did that is scum, but I was amazed you had a 23 page thread moaning about being booed, utd chelsea and everton aswell as european teams have had the same treatment for years, but in all that time I have never heard an away fan moan about it, god help you lot in Istanbul if you don't like a hostile atmosphere, and this was sitting next to your thread moaning about your own lack of atmosphere.

Nothing gets me ready for a hostile atmosphere quite like observing a minute of silence and watching grown men cry. Look how your fans reacted when silva removed his arm band, but booing like a bunch of retards for 2 hours is a class move? Let's face it any acts of aggression or hostility by city fans last Sunday would have been completely blown out of proportion. Outside of the realm of forced shows of emotion I'm ok with booing , but it was corny it wasn't mean or hostile.

Edit: as far as the real purpose of the thread of course it's not a fluke, they're about to win 15 straight or whatever, nothing really more deserving than that . The way last year played out was 1000x more flukey to me.

I know I'm going to regret this but lots of the pre match build up to the Liverpool v City game on here was about City respecting the occasion and then getting on with business and winning the game. City's fans were outstanding in the tributes (I've seen the video of the release of balloons at CoMS) and the silence.

But once the game starts it's all behind the players and fans, it's in the 'now'. Liverpool tried to create an intimidating atmosphere to help the team and it worked.

Rico1304 said:
I know I'm going to regret this but lots of the pre match build up to the Liverpool v City game on here was about City respecting the occasion and then getting on with business and winning the game. City's fans were outstanding in the tributes (I've seen the video of the release of balloons at CoMS) and the silence.

But once the game starts it's all behind the players and fans, it's in the 'now'. Liverpool tried to create an intimidating atmosphere to help the team and it worked.
Totally agree. I can't understand why so many blues are having such a difficulty reconciling this tbh.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rico1304 said:

Totally agree. I can't understand why so many blues are having such a difficulty reconciling this tbh.
Jealousy.

Excuse searching.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rico1304 said:

Jealousy.

Excuse searching.
I'm not sure 'jealousy' is the correct sentiment. Lack of empathy and perspective, perhaps. When that whistle went, booing our players was fair game imo. I would have hoped the dignity we displayed for the 96 wasn't provided on a conditional basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.