Will The Derby Game Be Called Off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CITY V UNITED POSTPONED

Failsworth_Blue said:
rickmcfc said:
this is not a windup, my mates bro is a groundman at united and the game is OFF tomorrow. Like i said, not a wind up. just letting you all know what i have just been told blues, sorry.

Why would a groundsman at United know? The game won't be called off because of the pitch, it will be to do with the snow outside of the ground which has little to do with groundsmen

It may have something to do with the fact that Nited v Lids was on a knife edge owing to the weather conditions late saturday, but improved sufficiently sunday morning.

The weather has worsened somewhat since

I have just spoken to my Stand manager who has spoken in turn to Peter Fletcher, Peter has stated they are waiting on a decision between the GMP and the City council.

As yet no decision has been made and no timescale detailed as of when it will come.

Hope this helps, I can be an in the know on somethings ;)

P.S for those who do not know Peter Fletcher is the Stadium safety manager

Re: CITY V UNITED POSTPONED

FantasyIreland said:
rickmcfc said:
this is not a windup, my mates bro is a groundman at united and the game is OFF tomorrow. Like i said, not a wind up. just letting you all know what i have just been told blues, sorry.

As above and as my previous post(thanks for the abuse ya cock!)

The game is definitely off,my work duty has been cancelled by the club.
no mate you dont know it yet but you have beed sacked lol.

I suspect the game is in real danger of being off. I live & work in the city centre & have never seen it so bad. I was one of only 2 people who made it to work in an office of 100+ & we got sent home. I saw four minor accidents and numerous cars stuck in snow and sliding all over the place. Stagecoach buses are suspended and the trains are struggling. The pitch will be fine but if the staff can't get in and it's dangerous for supporters to travel ultimately safety comes first. The forecast is for further snow but even without it this snow is not gonna dissapear quick and if it freezes will make it evenmore treacherous. Wouldn't surprise me if a decision was made later today. Town is a ghost town loads of shops,offices & banks closed.

Trigger said:
I have just spoken to my Stand manager who has spoken in turn to Peter Fletcher, Peter has stated they are waiting on a decision between the GMP and the City council.

As yet no decision has been made and no timescale detailed as of when it will come.

Hope this helps, I can be an in the know on somethings ;)

P.S for those who do not know Peter Fletcher is the Stadium safety manager
yea he's the bloke you have to groval to if your naughty

blueshortshorts said:
I can't understand some of the abuse dished out on this site at times.. rickmcfc hears from, the groundsman at OT that the game is off, and immediately posts to give people the heads up, and all he gets is abuse..no need
cheers m8, like if i thought my mate was taking the piss i would really put it on here, some people are wankers at times, attention seeking, get a time u sad twat. i will expect an apoligy from some people when you here is on SSN soon.

Markmcfc99 said:
SSN say the game will still go ahead tomorrow

They said at the moment it does but it is not up to them, we have to consider the rag fans and their long journey's.

im local and i think it will be off, blackburns been called off this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.