Will the real Tolmie please stand up ?

Feels a little like a wake this.. It’s not. Scott felt it was time to break cover and that’s cool. I’ll be honest I did a little internet research hoping to ID him but I never got close. Amazing career and provided so much light hearted fun for so many here on BM. I always thought his posts were in good faith and it’s nice to know that it was all as credible as it seemed. It seems Scott’s change in career will mean less ITK input (maybe not the end I hope Tolm). Thank you for keeping us plugged into the club we all love Scott. Good luck in the future but don’t be a stranger.. @tolmie’shairdoo The only ITK I ever believed in..

Last edited:
Why lie, what do you get from saying such?

I have never bet on a transfer in my entire left and would certainly never encourage anyone else to.

Funnily enough, the Pogba agreed deal with City came out recently.

I'm recollecting a throwaway argument from over a decade ago on a football forum, apologies if I am wrong, we dodged that Pogba bullet anyway.

I appreciate you are a blue sharing info with the other fans, found the whole cryptic video carry on a bit tiresome and attention seeking but hey ho, that's just my opinion. Good luck knocking Fabrizio off his perch

The **** has gaslit Blues for the best part of a decade and he should be banned for life in my opinion.

I got a fuck load of grief for daring to question him, his followers piled in on me big time because i stated he was wrong, i was right btw and City didnt sign a centre forward because my source told me after having lunch with Pep in Barcelona he wanted to play Foden as a false 9 ......remember that we won the league whilst waiting for Haaland.

A handful of people on here know who my source is but i will never state his name in an open forum because he is a mate.
“The ****”. Such vitriol. Calm down and get your priorities right.

I'm recollecting a throwaway argument from over a decade ago on a football forum, apologies if I am wrong, Jo we dodged that Pogba bullet anyway.

I appreciate you are a blue sharing info with the other fans, found the whole cryptic video carry on a bit tiresome and attention seeking but hey ho, that's just my opinion. Good luck knocking Fabrizio off his perch
Perhaps you maybe now understand why I chose to hide behind music videos?

Anyway, thanks for the apology, do appreciate it.

Feels a little like a wake this.. It’s not. Scott felt it was time to break cover and that’s cool. I’ll be honest I did a little internet research hoping to ID him but I never got close. Amazing career and provided so much light hearted fun for so many here on BM. I always thought his posts were in good faith and it’s nice to know that it was all as credible as it seemed. It seems Scott’s change in career will mean less ITK input (maybe not the end I hope Tolm). Thank you for keeping us plugged into the club we all love Scott. Good luck in the future but don’t be a stranger.. @tolmie’shairdoo The only ITK I ever believed in..

Cheers bud. Certainly don't intend to ramp up the output!

The **** has gaslit Blues for the best part of a decade and he should be banned for life in my opinion.

I got a fuck load of grief for daring to question him, his followers piled in on me big time because i stated he was wrong, i was right btw and City didnt sign a centre forward because my source told me after having lunch with Pep in Barcelona he wanted to play Foden as a false 9 ......remember that we won the league whilst waiting for Haaland.

A handful of people on here know who my source is but i will never state his name in an open forum because he is a mate.
Bollocks

Fuck off with your **** shit

He's a blue and no need for that sort of shit

He said in his tweet that he's decided to move careers into working with children and schools.

It reminds me kof Ahsan/BillyShears. Ahsan moved careers I think when he turned 40 (?). He went from music industry mogul to scriptwriter, something that he had almost no experience in, had only one or two contacts and that he'd never done before. Now he's a success and selling scripts.

As a guy who has considered moving careers numerous times in the last few years, the bottle that it takes to drop decades of experience and the security that provides to chase a passion is brilliant. I applaud anyone who the stones to do it, I wish I had the same, especially if it's doing important work like working with kids with learning difficulties.

Some of the people I've known from on here over the years truly amaze me. Guys like twosips who people forget was a City youth blogger who decided one day to properly go for it in social media, and became the biggest YouTube and gets to tell Neville, Carragher and Keane that they're morons in person. Young Freddie who started City Xtra based on an Otamendi meme and support from other Blues.

Those are only the lads I know off my head. There will be hundreds of others who haven't shared what they've done and quietly post for years about City. It's a special community.
Totally agree about changing careers. For years I worked with a good salary in IT for a major financial institution. With a young family the security was excellent but the work was not my passion.I needed to research; needed to write. I decided I'd go part time initially because it was such a gamble to relinquish that security but my boss said 'but you're a bloke! Only women go part time' which says more about him and the place I worked than me. He made life difficult and it dragged on for months. When he finally relented I'd had enough. I was part time for a month before I took the big gamble and left in 2002. Around this time I managed to persuade City to appoint me on a part time freelance contract basis as the new heritage project manager (setting up the original museum a couple of days a week). Considerably less money than I was earning (it was 2 days a week but was much less than 2/5ths of my old salary). That was a major step and I worked on other temporary projects over the years.

Money was extremely tight and my MCFC part time freelance work ended after almost seven years, but during that time I'd been happy that I was working on something I loved. Writing, research and educating others was something I loved but - as I'm sure Scott will agree - no one wanted to publish much on City and you had to badger publishers all the time. I was never going to be a journalist - that's not my interest or skill - but I wanted to write books, manage history projects and develop research projects that could help us all understand the past.

Since then my career has remained flexible (volatile?) and some years I'd earn only a few pounds (seriously) and others I'd get a good project for a few months. But overall these last two decades of freelance research, writing & projects have been the best I've ever had in terms of freedom and enjoyment. I have never earned as much in a year as my final salary at the bank way back in 2001-02 and I've put in considerably more time into my writing and work than I did back then but I have always been happier than I was then.

It takes a lot to make that career change but I would urge everyone who feels they need to do something else to make it happen. If it's your passion then find a way to do it. Security, money and all the other things you get from your current work are important, but taking the gamble and doing something you want to do is so much more rewarding in the long run. For me success isn't a bank account, car etc. it's about being content and surrounding yourself with positive voices. Best wishes and good luck to anyone who takes the gamble. If I can help with advice etc. then please get in touch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.