Will the United States survive the 21st century?

Don't empires realise they have a problem 100 years to late? Normally have a cycle of 250 years or something like that.

Don't empires realise they have a problem 100 years to late? Normally have a cycle of 250 years or something like that.
Roman Empire lasted just over 500 years but had serious problems for the last 200 after Constantinople split from Rome.

USA has some great Cities, national parks, theme parks and mostly great people.
It needs to sort out its racial issues, it's still very divided.
It's needs to sort out its gun control, for too many guns are more important than people .

Yes I've been there , California, Nevada, Arizona and Texas, and as I've said before met some great people, but also met some incredibly racist people who would rather cross the road rather than walk past a black person.

A question that might have been laughed at a generation ago, but the world has changed so much in that time and will continue to, for better or worse. With all the global change we've seen in recent years, I would suggest it's not a fanciful notion.

There's no doubt that the United States are divided along geographical lines, and whilst that could be said about most countries, the differences in the USA are so stark, so manifest, the nation so large, I'm drawn to the conclusion that it's more likely than not that in some States, liberal and/or conservative, large number of people will start agitating to leave the Union in the next few decades - and once it starts to fracture, would it be possible to stop?

It can't be inconceivable, as it's happened before, and the glue that hitherto bound that nation together can't be quite so strong now. I believe the information age must have subconsciously weakened the Union in the hearts and minds of American citizens, as it accentuates the differences between the outlook and beliefs of the people in its different States in a way that wasn't so apparent previously.

I'd be particularly interested what our increasing number of American posters think on this matter.
A question that might have been laughed at a generation ago, but the world has changed so much in that time and will continue to, for better or worse. With all the global change we've seen in recent years, I would suggest it's not a fanciful notion.

There's no doubt that the United States are divided along geographical lines, and whilst that could be said about most countries, the differences in the USA are so stark, so manifest, the nation so large, I'm drawn to the conclusion that it's more likely than not that in some States, liberal and/or conservative, large number of people will start agitating to leave the Union in the next few decades - and once it starts to fracture, would it be possible to stop?

It can't be inconceivable, as it's happened before, and the glue that hitherto bound that nation together can't be quite so strong now. I believe the information age must have subconsciously weakened the Union in the hearts and minds of American citizens, as it accentuates the differences between the outlook and beliefs of the people in its different States in a way that wasn't so apparent previously.

I'd be particularly interested what our increasing number of American posters think on this matter.
Nope. Too much in fighting and disagreements over minor things, the USA will fuck the rest of the world over whilst it fucks itself up. Cupid stunts.

USA has some great Cities, national parks, theme parks and mostly great people.
It needs to sort out its racial issues, it's still very divided.
It's needs to sort out its gun control, for too many guns are more important than people .

Yes I've been there , California, Nevada, Arizona and Texas, and as I've said before met some great people, but also met some incredibly racist people who would rather cross the road rather than walk past a black person.
I agree totally with this post what America Needs is a father figure in charge someone to heal the racist situation

America is such a great country with as you say great cities and parks scenery is second to none theyve created fabulous products that made our lives so much better , the mechanical valve in my heart keeps me alive because an American company developed it and they also developed the surgery to implant it I have been so grateful to America over the years not just for things like great music, Blues and Jazz but for everyday things even Levi jeans lol that's why it's such a shame that's a bigot like Trump is now a president he will go the opposite way to what the country needs promoting bigotry and racism exactly the opposite to what America Needs

It's a pity Morgan Freeman didn't run

The split is not between individual states. It's between the large cities and the small towns/rural areas. It would be a bit difficult to draw a map of two countries along those lines.

The split is not between individual states. It's between the large cities and the small towns/rural areas. It would be a bit difficult to draw a map of two countries along those lines.
Could just build lots of walls to keep out the inbreds?

Could just build lots of walls to keep out the inbreds?
Suppose they could use the pre-Italian model where there were several city states.
Isn't it similar to the Civil War map? Democrats/ Union mainly in the coastal/ lakeside regions, Republicans/ Confederates everywhere else?
Thought that was North v South predominantly.

Suppose they could use the pre-Italian model where there were several city states.

Thought that was North v South predominantly.
It was north v south because the west coast was still largely unsettled, it would be a bit messier now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.