Will they fire Mancini?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, outside of his general likeability, I am always left with the impending feeling that Bobby is all too quick to find excuses rather than finding solutions.

I am currently asking the question how much further must/can he improve upon, should we miss out on title, to a United team who their own fans will tell you have been crap and riddled with injuries?

United will represent a greater challenge next time around, because Ferguson will ensure it.

I have my doubts Bobby would have it in him to pick us up to the extent we would require to avoid a repeat disappointment.

This club is still all about impetus and momentum at this stage in the project.

Would you at the start of the season looked on a near 20 point gain which looks possible if we do finish around 90 points an acceptable improvemant for Mancini in his second full season ?

I don't think anything more could have been hoped for and our brilliant start to the season only fueled everyones expectations of running away with the league.

It looks like arsenal chelsea and spurs will be getting around the same totals of what teams in 3rd 4th an 5th get most seasons yet you look up and we are 17 points clear of 4th and by the end of the season it will be probably be closer to 20.

Mancini as found a solution for us to be running away with the title which we are doing with 10 games left,the only problem is ferguson as somehow found a solution to stick with us.

I still believe we will still win it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You've said something that is 100% true but then used it to justify an incorrect conclusion. Khaldoon Al Mubarak is indeed a very astute, level-headed businessman.

So let's imagine he hires an executive to run one of his businesses (not a football club). The business hasn't been well run in the past and needs a good shake-up. He therefore accepts he can't expect results early on but he backs his manager, who asks for & justifies investment in new machinery & hires key management personnel that he believes will deliver results.

That investment pays off to some degree (as he would expect) and the company has some noteworthy successes, winning a prestigious award. But then it hits a few problems - sales drop a bit, orders don't get produced in time, there are quality problems, etc.

So he calls his executive in and says "I hear things are a bit rocky at the moment. What's causing the problems and how are you dealing with them?"

The executive may say "Yes, we've had some problems. There have been problems with suppliers & materials so I've sourced these materials somewhere else. There have been machine reliability problems so I got the manufacturer to put a maintenance team on site for a few weeks to sort them out. I hired a new sales guy but he's not really been able to get the orders we want so I've let him go and have recruited the top guy from our competitors. I expect to have all these problems under control in 2 months and be back on track."

Khaldoon is likely to think "Excellent. We might not yet be the biggest business of its type yet but I've got a guy who clearly knows how to drive it forward."

However, if the executive were to say something like "Yeah, we've had a few blips but it's swings and roundabouts so they'll sort themselves out eventually I suppose" then Khaldoon's attitude is likely to be "Hmmm. He may have won an award a couple of years ago but I'm not sure I've got the right man for the long term here. I'm not confident of his ability to move this business forward so I'm going to look for a replacement."

What a load of claptrap.
I love it when people rubbish posts that someone has put a lot of effort into without offering any sort of counter argument. Tell me why it's claptrap.

All through that garbage you seem to be trying to compare this dreamt up scenario with the workings of a football club. Yet in your first line you say "he hires an executive to run one of his businesses (but not a football club)". There is the flaw in your example and it is self evident in your ramblings, although you may not have realised.

lancs blue said:
jimharri said:
Eh? I was over for the Liverpool game and I could swear that it was a league game. Or is this a Bobby Ewing moment, and I dreamt the whole thing?

Yep, get back in the shower, you're stinking the place out! ;-)
silhouette.jpg

jay_mcfc said:
Soulboy said:
The line I've highlighted sums up our problems at the moment, for me.

We played Bolton and Blackburn the last two home games and, you're right, we never got out of third gear. We strolled to a 2-0 and 3-0 victory. Yet I left the stadium on both occasions very frustrated that the players didn't work nearly hard enough.

It was all too easy. It was doing "just enough". We played like that at Swansea yesterday as well. Whyt aren't we playing in fourth gear? Why not in fucking fifth gear!!

We're ten games away from the biggest prize in City's history and too many of the players are strolling it. Even the Swansea goal yesterday came from us fannying about on the half way line, apparently trying to run down the time.

The manager has to demand far more than the players are giving at the moment. Swansea not only outplayed us yesterday, they outworked us as well.

And until we are playing at a higher tempo, and working our bollocks off, we're not winning anything this season.

And for that fingers can be pointed at the coaching and management staff.

There is no excuse with playing the way we did yesterday. We were shockingly bad and no-one was angrier than me watching the game. There really was no excuse for the team selection or the performance. I have said numerous times on here that all the squad rotation in the past 6 months will come to fruition now if we play our strongest team and win the league. If he fucks about with the system and starting 11 like he did yesterday then we will not win the league.

However, considering how long the season is and that players up and down the country are getting a bit leggy I do not see any problem with taking the foot off the gas at home to Blackburn and Bolton when you think of the tougher tasks that lie/lay ahead. In general we do need to work harder and play at a higher tempo, but not in games that are already won. If you're frustrated after a 2 and 3 nil win I suggest you take a chill pill and understand why we took our foot off the gas.

apart from Aguero, and our 2 centre backs, and we really shouldn't have to rely on Lescott's head at this stage of the season, how much stronger could we have been?

Let's just face it, our most talented player was shit yesterday and wasted the ball SO many times that none of our other attacking players really got in the game, Nasri looked decent when he got the ball, Yaya looked ok, Barry, well i think we're better without him personally and Balo was Balo.

It was Silva, the most important cog, that completely and utterly failed.

Soulboy said:
Liverpool weren't league games.

Blackburn and Bolton were awful performances

Dear oh dear. I don't mind opinions and such, but these are just bollocks statements to try to make your point. I think you should look up the word 'awful' in the dictionary.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
jay_mcfc said:
Soulboy said:
The line I've highlighted sums up our problems at the moment, for me.

We played Bolton and Blackburn the last two home games and, you're right, we never got out of third gear. We strolled to a 2-0 and 3-0 victory. Yet I left the stadium on both occasions very frustrated that the players didn't work nearly hard enough.

It was all too easy. It was doing "just enough". We played like that at Swansea yesterday as well. Whyt aren't we playing in fourth gear? Why not in fucking fifth gear!!

We're ten games away from the biggest prize in City's history and too many of the players are strolling it. Even the Swansea goal yesterday came from us fannying about on the half way line, apparently trying to run down the time.

The manager has to demand far more than the players are giving at the moment. Swansea not only outplayed us yesterday, they outworked us as well.

And until we are playing at a higher tempo, and working our bollocks off, we're not winning anything this season.

And for that fingers can be pointed at the coaching and management staff.

There is no excuse with playing the way we did yesterday. We were shockingly bad and no-one was angrier than me watching the game. There really was no excuse for the team selection or the performance. I have said numerous times on here that all the squad rotation in the past 6 months will come to fruition now if we play our strongest team and win the league. If he fucks about with the system and starting 11 like he did yesterday then we will not win the league.

However, considering how long the season is and that players up and down the country are getting a bit leggy I do not see any problem with taking the foot off the gas at home to Blackburn and Bolton when you think of the tougher tasks that lie/lay ahead. In general we do need to work harder and play at a higher tempo, but not in games that are already won. If you're frustrated after a 2 and 3 nil win I suggest you take a chill pill and understand why we took our foot off the gas.

apart from Aguero, and our 2 centre backs, and we really shouldn't have to rely on Lescott's head at this stage of the season, how much stronger could we have been?

Let's just face it, our most talented player was shit yesterday and wasted the ball SO many times that none of our other attacking players really got in the game, Nasri looked decent when he got the ball, Yaya looked ok, Barry, well i think we're better without him personally and Balo was Balo.

"we shouldnt have to rely on Lescotts head at this stage of the season" WTF is that supposed to mean. Shall we continue to play savic when Lescott is fit ?

80s Shorts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
jay_mcfc said:

"we shouldnt have to rely on Lescotts head at this stage of the season" WTF is that supposed to mean. Shall we continue to play savic when Lescott is fit ?

for goals, as he tends to come up with a handful when we need them.

and GOD no, I'd rather play my mum than Savic, how many more games does he have to cost us before Roberto gets the message?

I love JoLe and nothing makes me happier than seeing him at CB.

Soulboy said:
SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, outside of his general likeability, I am always left with the impending feeling that Bobby is all too quick to find excuses rather than finding solutions.

I am currently asking the question how much further must/can he improve upon, should we miss out on title, to a United team who their own fans will tell you have been crap and riddled with injuries?

United will represent a greater challenge next time around, because Ferguson will ensure it.

I have my doubts Bobby would have it in him to pick us up to the extent we would require to avoid a repeat disappointment.

This club is still all about impetus and momentum at this stage in the project.
But your doubts about Mancini are long standing Tolm. They were there even before this season and continued during our amazing start. I have a feeling you simply don't like the guy.

-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:03 pm --

Soulboy said:
Even at home, I'm struggling to think of a convincing performance this side of New Year.
Spurs 3-2
Liverpool 3-0
Fulham 3-0
Porto 4-0
Blackburn 3-0
Bolton 2-0

You may say we were not "awesome" but I would say we were convincing in each of those games, would you not?

Liverpool and Porto weren't league games. By that token, why not mention the defeats to Liverpool and the rags then!

Blackburn and Bolton were awful performances against teams who had no intention of giving us a game. We strolled throughout those games.

And winning games is not my beef... I said when was the last time we were impressive?

Even the Spurs victory wasn't.
Don't lie fella. You never said "impressive" at all. You said convincing.

Second, the Liverpool game was in the league you mad man.

Third, you asked when we had been convincing at home, you didn't say in the league only.

Stop moving the goal posts.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
80s Shorts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

for goals, as he tends to come up with a handful when we need them.

and GOD no, I'd rather play my mum than Savic, how many more games does he have to cost us before Roberto gets the message?

I love JoLe and nothing makes me happier than seeing him at CB.

My mistake.

jay_mcfc said:
Soulboy said:
Liverpool weren't league games.

Blackburn and Bolton were awful performances

Dear oh dear. I don't mind opinions and such, but these are just bollocks statements to try to make your point. I think you should look up the word 'awful' in the dictionary.
Those comments were ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.