Will they fire Mancini?

80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I love it when people rubbish posts that someone has put a lot of effort into without offering any sort of counter argument. Tell me why it's claptrap.

All through that garbage you seem to be trying to compare this dreamt up scenario with the workings of a football club. Yet in your first line you say "he hires an executive to run one of his businesses (but not a football club)". There is the flaw in your example and it is self evident in your ramblings, although you may not have realised.
You haven't grasped what I'm saying at all. It's an analogy but the same principles apply.

I would like someone to ask Mancini how he will deal with teams who don't allow us to play through the middle.

Every team has seemingly used this blueprint against us away from home and it's starting to get very successful. One of our forwards tries to thread passes into congested areas, we lose the ball, and they counter.

This has been working for months, most obviously in the CL. He has to find some way to adjust, but he is very inflexible on this issue, so we spend the full 90 banging our heads against a wall while our creative players get frustrated and fade.

Red_fan said:
No, I don't think Mancini will get the sack even if City don't win the league. Simply put, ye have made far too much progress under him this year for him to be given the boot, however tempting it may be if Mourinho becomes available and is interested.

I also think the City owners have surely studied and learned from Abramovich's mistakes, his biggest being sacking quality managers in a knee jerk fashion. Your owners will have been told, and will know damn well that stability is vital, and as long as City are going in the right direction overall (ye very much are) Mancini will be kept on.

Exactly, we won't make the same mistakes as Chelsea, once we get Jose, we keep him and give him what he wants..... You reds will be shitting bricks.

SWP's back said:
jay_mcfc said:
Soulboy said:
Liverpool weren't league games.

Blackburn and Bolton were awful performances

Dear oh dear. I don't mind opinions and such, but these are just bollocks statements to try to make your point. I think you should look up the word 'awful' in the dictionary.
Those comments were ridiculous

Indeed. And also if he wants to include the cup games against United and Liverpool, well Liverpool at home in the cup was the single worst performance of the season imo. We just did not turn up.

The United game, in general, we were brilliant and showed a lot of heart and desire. Had we played recently away from home like we did in the 2nd half against United we'd have many more points.

To sum up, his 'We haven't been convincing at home' comment was as close to wrong as you can get.

another thing I think may have not helped is actually our home form.

If you think, teams turn up and rarely bother playing and we don't push ourselves and we don't get out of 2nd gear which is very frustrating but we get the job done, but it doesn't put us on edge and we don't work that hard, have that much desire, drive or energy because the players don't need to at home cos we win comfortably.

but it sends the wrong message going away and we play the same sort of way, whereas if we'd had a couple of really tough home games and really had to work hard and be driven, or Mancini had got us stuffing Bolton and Blackburn 6/7-0 like we could have done, then I think we'd more drive going away from home, playing similar sorts of teams in similar sorts of games, the difference is the crowd isn't with us away and teams are more tempted to have a little go and they get rewards as they get stuck in a bit more and pressure us a bit more, but we play exactly the same way and the same tempo home and away, but those flurries and spurts we have where we up the tempo and score 2 or 3 quick goals at home we can't do away, because the other team is up for it, pressing us and the crowd's on our back so we can't create that momentum.

Sadly we're playing Lisbon, which we should cruise, next but the best thing that can probably happen to us is to have that really tough home game in Chelsea where we have to play hard and been driven, and hopefully Mancini can get us up for it(he better had) and then take that drive and momentum into the away games.

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
SWP's back said:
But your doubts about Mancini are long standing Tolm. They were there even before this season and continued during our amazing start. I have a feeling you simply don't like the guy.

-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:03 pm --

Spurs 3-2
Liverpool 3-0
Fulham 3-0
Porto 4-0
Blackburn 3-0
Bolton 2-0

You may say we were not "awesome" but I would say we were convincing in each of those games, would you not?

Liverpool and Porto weren't league games. By that token, why not mention the defeats to Liverpool and the rags then!

Blackburn and Bolton were awful performances against teams who had no intention of giving us a game. We strolled throughout those games.

And winning games is not my beef... I said when was the last time we were impressive?

Even the Spurs victory wasn't.
Don't lie fella. You never said "impressive" at all. You said convincing.

Second, the Liverpool game was in the league you mad man.

Third, you asked when we had been convincing at home, you didn't say in the league only.

Stop moving the goal posts.

First, didn't "lie". I equate impressive and convincing as being my reaction to a game. I've not come away recently particularly "impressed".

Secondly, yes I am a mad man.

Third, had I included Cup games I would have had to suffer the Liverpool game and rags game defeats, as well. So I tried to limit it!

Fourthly, goal posts are meant to be moved!

Fifthly, in spite of our results, I actually thought we played more consistently last season, and we don't give everything in games this season to the same extent.

Sixthly, there is no sixth point. In fact, I've never heard the term "sixthly" ever used before.

JMW I have been pretty clear on my personal team selection for some time, despite getting abuse for it. Nasri should not start again and Aguero/Balotelli and Milner should start in every match.

I still don't think it's any coincidence that since Nasri has tried to be fitted in we haven't been anywhere near as good away from home. Cue the abuse.

I find these threads really depressing. We still have it in our hands to win the league. If we do not then it will still have been an impressive season.

I like Mancini and think he has done a tremendous job although he has made mistakes. However, if he we keep on improving as we are and Mancini continues to grow into his role then I think it would be ridiculous to get rid of him as he will win us the league. I am confident he knows the weaknesses in our squad and will rectify them in the summer given the backing of the board.

Mourinho is obviously a great manager although I cannot take to him. Although if there was a chance of him sticking a thumb in fergusons eye on derby day then my opinion may change a little.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I love it when people rubbish posts that someone has put a lot of effort into without offering any sort of counter argument. Tell me why it's claptrap.

All through that garbage you seem to be trying to compare this dreamt up scenario with the workings of a football club. Yet in your first line you say "he hires an executive to run one of his businesses (but not a football club)". There is the flaw in your example and it is self evident in your ramblings, although you may not have realised.
You haven't grasped what I'm saying at all. It's an analogy but the same principles apply.

We agree on that, I havent at all managed to grasp what you are trying to say.

Yeah, Nasri shouldn't be playing.

Also a midfield duo of Barry and De Jong shouldn't be seen again.

Savic should not play again this season regardless of the circumstances.

Prestwich_Blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Also, in your "analogy" the said executive hadnt won an award for a couple of years. You are obviously not comparing him to our Manager then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.