Will they fire Mancini?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think pointing out where we've gone wrong, and saying how we should be playing ie. the tempo, movement etc. and pointing out that Mancini needs to do more to motivate the players and force to play at a higher tempo and work harder and earn his wage with some world class man management is pretty constructive.

I also think pointing out how wasteful we've been in front of goal and suggesting we need a new striker coach would also be constructive...

I also think there's been some interesting debate, stats and points of view going on that's far more than just slagging Roberto and the team off, though of course, some of that has been going on, but as many threads downstairs are turning into a farce with as many culprits, some very familiar, as are up here.

None of this is constructive as it presumes that these things arent happening and that we would be more successful if they did. It also presumes to know the level of motivation of the players, presumes that a league record goal haul is inadequate, presumes to understand the level of coaching of the players, etc.

Once you can prove them conclusively, then you xan go on to make constructive criticism of them. Until then its opinion based entirely on uninformed hesarsay and guessing.

Any other candidate for constructive criticism?

I think they're fair enough, there wouldn't be a forum if we weren't allowed to make judgements and offer up suggestions and our opinions, would there?

secondly, we're nowhere near the record league goal haul.

you're also ignoring any point about downstairs, I guess if it isn't anti-Mancini you ain't interested.

This isn't about offering opinions, it's about talking uninformed nonsense and calling it constructive criticism

Also, I can't recall the stat but it wasn't that long ago our gpg figure was the highest ever.

Lastly, you're correct in your guess that I will not be discussing off topic here because I don't even accept the premise of a problem

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It's been said before a thousand times but it doesn't make it any less true:

Remember where we've come from and realise where we're going.

In the scheme of those two factors whether we finish first or second this season is small fry.

Am I desperate to win it this year? Yes, but if we don't we'll be back next season. When are people going to get their heads around the owners that we have will ensure success eventually?

I had a girlfriend once who after a few months of me getting us into most nightclubs on the guest list moaned like fuck because we had to queue to get in somewhere one Saturday night. I pointed out to her that the year before she didn't even know what a guest list was. Some posters on here remind me of her.

Apart from the perfect tits.

you can know where you've come from and still strive to be the best and for your club to be the best and get frustrated and annoyed when it lets you down, even on an individual game by game basis.

What happened 5/10/20 years ago has no relevance to what happened in the last game and what we need to do to make sure we don't repeat it in the next game, and the game after etc.

It does have a relevance actually. Are you seriously saying that, all things being equal, someone who is born into wealth appreciates the good things in life as much as someone who has come from nothing?

It is right and natural to seek constant improvement but I think that's the point: we've had that for four years and as long as it remains the case, that's surely all we can ask for.

Look at Portsmouth - there but for the grace of god.

Try and enjoy it JMW. You'll regret it if you don't.

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
None of this is constructive as it presumes that these things arent happening and that we would be more successful if they did. It also presumes to know the level of motivation of the players, presumes that a league record goal haul is inadequate, presumes to understand the level of coaching of the players, etc.

Once you can prove them conclusively, then you xan go on to make constructive criticism of them. Until then its opinion based entirely on uninformed hesarsay and guessing.

Any other candidate for constructive criticism?

I think they're fair enough, there wouldn't be a forum if we weren't allowed to make judgements and offer up suggestions and our opinions, would there?

secondly, we're nowhere near the record league goal haul.

you're also ignoring any point about downstairs, I guess if it isn't anti-Mancini you ain't interested.

This isn't about offering opinions, it's about talking uninformed nonsense and calling it constructive criticism

Also, I can't recall the stat but it wasn't that long ago our gpg figure was the highest ever.

Lastly, you're correct in your guess that I will not be discussing off topic here because I don't even accept the premise of a problem

well I don't accept there's a problem up here.

uninformed nonsense? it's fair and honest criticism from people about what they've seen, with plenty of what they think we could do to improve our away form.

that's constructive criticism in my book.

No17 said:
Damocles said:
No17 said:
when it comes to motivation it is a hear say but would you agree that watching the matches is not enough of an evidence for saying that city play too narrow and slow in build up and that mostly he has no plan B? I think it's something everyone will agree on.

No, that's nonsense.

We've played about five different ways this season. Have you watched us much?

indeed I have...and what are the five different ways?

United at home, United away, Liverpool in the CC, and we played three different ways against Swansea. If I actually thought about it there would be more

Damocles said:
No17 said:
Damocles said:
No, that's nonsense.

United at home, United away, Liverpool in the CC, and we played three different ways against Swansea. If I actually thought about it there would be more

and we won 1 of those games? and the style of play was hardly different no matter what the actual tactic was.

and Kolarov chugging up the left and sticking AJ on the right hardly counts as width, consistent delivery or pace.

If we count Kolarov as a left winger, then it's no wonder we have nobody in the box as they guess on whether to stand near post, penalty spot, far post, far corner flag, far touchline or row Z behind the goal every time he finally reaches the ball after time has stood still for 20 seconds.

Damocles said:
No17 said:
Damocles said:
No, that's nonsense.

care to elaborate a bit?

because I think that it was always through the middle...apart from a few attempts of wide play against liverpool which you mentioned...kolarov's crosses come to mind...and united and tottenham away were the matches where the build up was mostly fast and direct unlike the rest of the season...but we can have different views of the game...

P.S. I'll catch up tomorrow, you lads have a good night

JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's been said before a thousand times but it doesn't make it any less true:

Remember where we've come from and realise where we're going.

In the scheme of those two factors whether we finish first or second this season is small fry.

Am I desperate to win it this year? Yes, but if we don't we'll be back next season. When are people going to get their heads around the owners that we have will ensure success eventually?

I had a girlfriend once who after a few months of me getting us into most nightclubs on the guest list moaned like fuck because we had to queue to get in somewhere one Saturday night. I pointed out to her that the year before she didn't even know what a guest list was. Some posters on here remind me of her.

Apart from the perfect tits.

you can know where you've come from and still strive to be the best and for your club to be the best and get frustrated and annoyed when it lets you down, even on an individual game by game basis.

What happened 5/10/20 years ago has no relevance to what happened in the last game and what we need to do to make sure we don't repeat it in the next game, and the game after etc.

It does have a relevance actually. Are you seriously saying that, all things being equal, someone who is born into wealth appreciates the good things in life as much as someone who has come from nothing?

It is right and natural to seek constant improvement but I think that's the point: we've had that for four years and as long as it remains the case, that's surely all we can ask for.

It depends what sort of a person they are. I can still enjoy it whilst wanting us to do even better, and talking about on the forum.

My main gripe is with people having a go at up here when downstairs is full of shit about tea towelling and the same handful of posters every thread, turning it into a farce, having a go at others, make false accusations and generally turning every thread into a parody or farce just so they can post the popcorn cat.

those in glass houses and all that...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It depends what sort of a person they are. I can still enjoy it whilst wanting us to do even better, and talking about on the forum.

My main gripe is with people having a go at up here when downstairs is full of shit about tea towelling and the same handful of posters every thread, turning it into a farce, having a go at others, make false accusations and generally turning every thread into a parody or farce just so they can post the popcorn cat.

Not sure if that was aimed at me.

If so that's a little unfair. I only used the term tea towel eight times in the last week and one of those occasions was on a thread about washing up.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Not sure if that was aimed at me.

If so that's a little unfair. I only used the term tea towel eight times in the last week and one of those occasions was on a thread about washing up.

not directly, no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.