Will they fire Mancini?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It depends what sort of a person they are. I can still enjoy it whilst wanting us to do even better, and talking about on the forum.

My main gripe is with people having a go at up here when downstairs is full of shit about tea towelling and the same handful of posters every thread, turning it into a farce, having a go at others, make false accusations and generally turning every thread into a parody or farce just so they can post the popcorn cat.

those in glass houses and all that...

Not sure if that was aimed at me.

If so that's a little unfair. I only used the term tea towel eight times in the last week and one of those occasions was on a thread about washing up.

not directly, no.

So it was indirectly aimed at me?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Not sure if that was aimed at me.

If so that's a little unfair. I only used the term tea towel eight times in the last week and one of those occasions was on a thread about washing up.

not directly, no.

So it was indirectly aimed at me?

can we go to PM? I don't like discussing this stuff on the forum.

IIRC from Khaldoon's interview this year's target was to seriously challenge for the PL, and we've done that - so he should stay.

Taking into consideration the Tevez situation no matter how it came about.
The ACON when we really needed both players
The Red cards for kompany the second one meaning he missed a crucial part of the season.

Ban for mario when we had not one fit stiker

Some absolute shocking decisions not going our way, I know it swings both ways but some have been not maybe game changers but actual ones,the not given chelsea pen being one that set us back , 2-0 and a win there would have made an enormous difference and not just the points.

Taking these things into consideration and with us playing in the most part a totally different and mainly winning style of football and with a virtually new team put together I think it's quite remarkable we are already on a title challenge.

Mancini would have planned for what positions he wanted players in for last year and when tevez and adebayor didn't get a transfer it obviously meant we could be short if things went wrong. I know we have a big expensive squad but with those 2 gone which was probably planned,he would have been allowed maybe another CB or cover for the ACON which also would have helped with injuries like we had on sunday..

I also have a feeling if Tevez had left we may have got De Rossi, it's some coincidence he didn't sign that contract until it was out that tevez was going nowhere this january.I also think if tevez and ade had been sold and we bought in 2 players for cover in positions needed then maybe we might have been in an even better position than we our right now. Would a CB or maybe that speedy winger like Sanchez who we was after or cover for the ACON have meant different results in the cup competitions and a few more points in the league I think it would have.

Mancinis hands were tied,we all heard him say he was short of a couple of players and him getting slaughtered for it by the press well it looks like he was right,we are short to challenge in all comps which meant the extra games for other key players when they could have been rested or playing certain players when not quite ready or carrying a knock.

It's very easy to sit here and say we need a certain type of player to improve some of the way we play like the speedy winger everyone appears to want.The problem is not knowing we maybe need one but actaully finding one who might be good enough,better than we already have and more importantly one that is actually available.In the transfer forum each window all these named great players to improve our team are put up but take a look through and see how many actaully moved clubs.
It's easy again to sit here and say why did we play NDJ on sunday and not go for the win,when looking at it with our CB pairing NDJ was probably needed more than any other player out there. If the more attacking players had actually played anywhere near half decent then NDJ sitting infront of that CB pairing may have been the winning choice. They played shit didn't score so NDJ shouldn't have played is the quick answer for some.

He's got things wrong he more than likely will again but if you can't see that he is building a squad of players to compete not just this season but for the next 5 at the least then, I can only think anything you have against him is clouding whats infront of us all.

We can all think of reasons for things not going to plan and have a rant about it,but if faced with all the facts which none of us have then this managerial game isn't so simple that's why so many of them get the sack each year. I've highlighted a few things other people will point to tactics and substitutions and both might or might not be valid points.Hindsight is a wonderful gift that we are in the possesion of.

I'll say it again I think taking everything into consideration it is quite remarkable we are in such a strong position and the expectations of all us went way above that what was expected due to our brilliant start to the season.

The season is far from over we are capable of winning the last ten games, we probably won't and I'd wager a bet no other team will win 10 either.

Don't all teams who go on a long winning run always have a blip and bad results afterwards we have just had ours by my reckoning. Remember our run in last season the same will be enough.

I still believe we will win the league.

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
I have yet to read anything that can be remotely labelled as constructive criticism and would like somebody to point this out.

I think pointing out where we've gone wrong, and saying how we should be playing ie. the tempo, movement etc. and pointing out that Mancini needs to do more to motivate the players and force to play at a higher tempo and work harder and earn his wage with some world class man management is pretty constructive.

I also think pointing out how wasteful we've been in front of goal and suggesting we need a new striker coach would also be constructive...

I also think there's been some interesting debate, stats and points of view going on that's far more than just slagging Roberto and the team off, though of course, some of that has been going on, but as many threads downstairs are turning into a farce with as many culprits, some very familiar, as are up here.

None of this is constructive as it presumes that these things arent happening and that we would be more successful if they did. It also presumes to know the level of motivation of the players, presumes that a league record goal haul is inadequate, presumes to understand the level of coaching of the players, etc.

Once you can prove them conclusively, then you xan go on to make constructive criticism of them. Until then its opinion based entirely on uninformed hesarsay and guessing.

Any other candidate for constructive criticism?

This would be an example of constructive criticism and analysis. (We're not on pace for a record goal haul, I think we're currently on for 93 goals at this pace.)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I've delved further to try and find a reason why we've had the stats we've got in the 2nd half of the season...

Swansea 1-0 City.

We set up with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with De Jong, Yaya and Barry in the middle with Nasri & Silva behind Balo, Swansea set up their traditional 4-3-3 with 2 wide men and a striker through the middle. We share possession 50/50, despite Swansea's early dominance, and we have 10 more shots and 8 more on target, have 2 more corners as well. 18 Shots, 13 on target, 0 goals. Swansea have 8 shots, 5 on target, miss a penalty and still score.

Aston Villa 0-1 City.

We play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 again, with De Jong, Barry and Milner the middle 3 with Silva and AJ the front 3 with Aguero. Villa play a 4-4-2 with Heskey out wide w/Albrighton on the other flank, and Keane and Bent through the middle. They also have a CB at LB. We have 57% of the play, 17 shots, 10 on target and score 1 goal. They have 9 shots, 5 on target and Hart has to make several superb saves at the end to keep us ahead. We also have 3 more corners.

Everton 1-0 City.

We play a 4-2-3-1/4-2-2-2 with Dzeko and Aguero up front with Milner and Barry holding. They play a similar formation. We have 57% of the possession again, 17 shots, 11 on target compared to Everton's 9 shots, and 4 on target. Again they score, we don't. We had 6 more corners.

Wigan 0-1 City.

We play a similar setup to Everton with Dzeko and Aguero again. We have 52% of the possession, just 12 shots, with 8 on target, and score. Wigan have 7 shots, 4 on target and played 4-3-3 with Crusat & Moses supporting Rodallega up front. We had 1 more corner.

Sunderland 1-0 City.

City rested key players and played Dzeko as a lone striker with Nasri and AJ behind. Sunderland played Bendtner as a lone striker with Sessegnon and McClean behind. We had 59% possession, 25 shots, 11 on target, 10 corners and didn't score. Sunderland had 8 shots, 5 on target, 1 corner and beat us.

West Brom 0-0 City.

We played a 4-2-3-1 with Aguero, Balotelli, Silva and Nasri the front 4. West Brom played 2 strikers in Odemwingie and Long. We had 62% possession, 18 shots, 9 on target and 9 corners. West Brom, with 2 widemen in Brunt & Thomas, had 7 shots, 3 on target and 5 corners.

Chelsea 2-1 City.

We played a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 whilst Chelsea played a 4-3-3. We only had 42% possession, 8 shots, 4 on target and 1 corner whilst they had 13 shots, 7 on target and 5 corners. Despite that we dominated half hour.

Looking further, Liverpool played a 4-2-3-1 and dominated us in possession and shots. United played 4-4-2 and we got the better of them, Blackburn played 4-3-3 I think but had 2 strikers, 1 of them out wider. Fulham played 4-2-3-1, as did Spurs.

Of course, we all know teams have dropped deeper and we have no pace or wingers to get in behind and stretch them, which is the biggest change.

We should keep Roberto and I think the owners will do. They've done nothing so far to lead me to think they're remotely like Abramovich.

If we don't win the league I expect to see the press and some city fans calling for his head (especially if Utd win it at our place - fuck me that would be depressing!) but with Mancini it'd just be a case of a couple of signings (top class CB and Gareth Bale, imo) whereas a new manager will no doubt want his own team. We should learn from Chelsea's mistakes.

Really hope we don't and I have a feeling the owners will stick with him. Really, don't want to turn into Chelsea and sack the boss everytime they have a bad spell.

The reason united have been winning is because they stuck with fergiscum - changing managers is shortsighted and city will end up like chelski! Mancini must stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.