Will they fire Mancini?

The question I ask myself is not will we sack him but could he walk out on us. He doesn't always look that happy at the moment and his dad is sick, could he decide to go to the Italy job or the Juve job?

drone said:
- he kills players' form with constant, often illogical, rotations.
- he doesn't analyse opponents nor adapts according to that... the fail with the starting 11 in the last game is not his first.
- he allows selfish play, where he should "punish" it and discourage. therefore, no real team spirit among the players.
- mostly there's no real team play - everything depends too much on individual effort and brilliance: will silva do his magic tricks, will aguero dribble past 5 players himself and so on.
- the brilliant play city had at the beginning of the season is sort of.. read by everyone. did mancini bring something new, surprise the opponent, change tactics, use players in a different way? i think not. there was so much talk about the depth, 3 players at the top, together with silva, nasri, yaya, so many possible combinations. yet, it's obvious to me mancini doesn't know how to use all that potential.
- doesn't adapt to players' needs to maximize their performances and use them in the best possible way. either you fit in his mold or you end up on bench. he has aguero, balotelli and dzeko, all 3 top top players and he talks about robin van persie??
- says tevez will never play for city again and then he eats his own words, after tevez treated the whole club like shit.
- anyone who says city should be far far in the lead in EPL is damn right. i'm just sick of all the excuses. mancini has managed to drop out of every possible competition and he even tries making it look good, "we can now fully concentrate on the league". rubbish.

do city fans really need at least 2 seasons of not winning anything to realize mancini is just not good? to me it's already agonizing to watch what he does with a team that has so much potential, and just needs a firm hand and someone who knows what he's doing to sweep all the trophies.

Terrific post, particularly the part about relying on individual brilliance.
Our whole attack depends on exceptional flashes of skill from top-quality attacking players, which substitutes for tactics, because Mancini has not got the foggiest idea of how to organise a team for the Prem. His mind-set seems to be stuck in italy and he's a fish out of water in English football. No idea at all. Our League position has been provided by our owner's generosity and is despite, not because of Mancini's management skills, the players making up for his short-comings as best they can. At the start of the season it appeared that he had started to get the idea, but it didn't last and I think that happened because the lack of tactics and poor team selection has worn down the players.

Win or lose the league, he should go in the summer; he isn't good enough.

remoh said:
drone said:
- he doesn't analyse opponents nor adapts according to that... the fail with the starting 11 in the last game is not his first.
- he allows selfish play, where he should "punish" it and discourage. therefore, no real team spirit among the players.
- mostly there's no real team play - everything depends too much on individual effort and brilliance: will silva do his magic tricks, will aguero dribble past 5 players himself and so on.
- the brilliant play city had at the beginning of the season is sort of.. read by everyone. did mancini bring something new, surprise the opponent, change tactics, use players in a different way? i think not. there was so much talk about the depth, 3 players at the top, together with silva, nasri, yaya, so many possible combinations. yet, it's obvious to me mancini doesn't know how to use all that potential.
- doesn't adapt to players' needs to maximize their performances and use them in the best possible way. either you fit in his mold or you end up on bench. he has aguero, balotelli and dzeko, all 3 top top players and he talks about robin van persie??
- says tevez will never play for city again and then he eats his own words, after tevez treated the whole club like shit.
- anyone who says city should be far far in the lead in EPL is damn right. i'm just sick of all the excuses. mancini has managed to drop out of every possible competition and he even tries making it look good, "we can now fully concentrate on the league". rubbish.

do city fans really need at least 2 seasons of not winning anything to realize mancini is just not good? to me it's already agonizing to watch what he does with a team that has so much potential, and just needs a firm hand and someone who knows what he's doing to sweep all the trophies.

And bring in who?

Cheesy said:
remoh said:
drone said:

And bring in who?

10-Allardyce.jpeg

Cheesy said:
remoh said:
drone said:

And bring in who?

O'Neill

O'Neill. Brilliant. Balls to the other managers in Europe who may be available (not that I'm wanting RM sacked before anyone starts). Lets get the manager who took Leicester to two Carling Cup finals. Jesus wept.

AlthamBlue said:
O'Neill. Brilliant. Balls to the other managers in Europe who may be available (not that I'm wanting RM sacked before anyone starts). Lets get the manager who took Leicester to two Carling Cup finals. Jesus wept.

It's that bad an idea I'm not sure remoh is being serious. He can't be. Surely?

If he is then I'm even more certain that he has no idea what he's talking about :)

Cheesy said:
AlthamBlue said:

It's that bad an idea I'm not sure remoh is being serious. He can't be. Surely?

If he is then I'm even more certain that he has no idea what he's talking about :)

Not sure with BM anymore. Hard to detect the WUMS from people being serious. I would hope it's a WUM. If not a head examination needs to take place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.