Will they fire Mancini?

Balti said:
remoh said:
LoveCity said:
Yeah his 25 year managerial career is full of major achievements like uh... the Carling Cup.

Not the Carling Cup, as it happens. It was the League Cup and he won it twice, with humble Leicester City. He got them promoted, too.

There was his spell with Celtic as well, where he won three leagues and four cups. He also took Celtic to the Uefa Cup Final where he only lost by one goal after extra time to Mourinho's Porto side.

Wherever he has gone he has got the best out of his players and that is exactly what we need now.

Mansour Mansour sign him up
Mansour sign him up

not really obviously

Yes, please<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:13 am --<br /><br />
AlthamBlue said:
remoh said:
Cheesy said:
Oh God, you're not joking are you?

Nope.

Oh lord. We're doomed.

Only if we stick with Roberto.

remoh said:
Balti said:
remoh said:
Not the Carling Cup, as it happens. It was the League Cup and he won it twice, with humble Leicester City. He got them promoted, too.

There was his spell with Celtic as well, where he won three leagues and four cups. He also took Celtic to the Uefa Cup Final where he only lost by one goal after extra time to Mourinho's Porto side.

Wherever he has gone he has got the best out of his players and that is exactly what we need now.

Mansour Mansour sign him up
Mansour sign him up

not really obviously

Yes, please

No, sorry Martin

LoveCity said:
remoh said:

Hughes got the best out of his players at Blackburn. Some managers are made for a certain style of team and O'Neill is one of them, managing the typical British filled team full of fighting spirit. He's not a man equipped to manage a top side or else quite simply someone would have taken a punt on him. Also he was allowed to spend a fortune at Villa and couldn't get them 4th place, and now Villa are skint because of it.

He's an average manager who excels in a certain niche, some of our bigger names would laugh their arse off if told Martin O'Neill was to manage them.

Mancini has won more major honours as a manager in his 11 year managerial career than O'Neill has in his 25 year career.

P.S. Balotelli could guide Celtic to a domestic treble.

Unlike Hughes, O'Neill is not a one-club wonder. What he spent at Villa could not compete with the investment made by the regular 'big four', but look at the money they got for some of his products!

Mancini's Italian successes, including some peculiar circumstances which helped him along, were very well funded, as was our Cup win. If you could work out a ratio of success compared to money spent, Martin would murder him, From Wycombe onwards.

Could Balo guide Celtic to A Eufa Cup Final?

He has a strong personality and not all club owners want to know someone like that; they're scared of him. It's their loss.

remoh said:
mustang said:
What about David Moyes

He'd be a big improvement on what we've got!

455660273_0b27704892.jpg

remoh said:
Unlike Hughes, O'Neill is not a one-club wonder. What he spent at Villa could not compete with the investment made by the regular 'big four', but look at the money they got for some of his products!

And yet we return to my point - approaching 30 years as a manager and in recent years there have been vacancies at Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs - not one took a punt on him. He's had decades to build his reputation to the point where they would and yet the offer hasn't come. Consider why.

Mancini's Italian successes, including some peculiar circumstances which helped him along, were very well funded, as was our Cup win.

1. Mancini's Lazio were all but bankrupt and sold their best players including Crespo. He got them to the Champions League and UEFA Cup Final, bringing that club back from near death and they have been stable since then. His achievements at Lazio earned him a big job, the same cannot be said of O'Neill.
2. Mancini spent very little at Inter, he got Maicon, Maxwell, and Dacourt on Bosmans, Vieira for around £6million, and his big signing Ibrahimovic cost only around £15million. He won successive Serie A titles including in the same season AC Milan won the Champions League. Milan had a points reduction but add all those points back on and they were still miles behind Inter, who won the league with one defeat. People can try and discredit his achievements at Inter but there is plenty of counter evidence.

Mancini is in a completely different league to O'Neill and that is why he is getting big jobs and O'Neill isn't. We can argue all day but it comes down to that - Mancini has managed Inter and City in his 11 year career. The highest O'Neill got was Celtic in the Scottish Pub League and Aston Villa. There's really no comparison.

Martin O'Neill?

Is this the same O'Neill who declares Ashley Young is on a par with Ronaldo and Messi?

the same O'Neill who firmly believes that Ashley Young will be a world class?

the very same Martin O'Neill who spent 120millions at Villa and won fuck all?

He is a complete fraud by all means, his teams play the same long ball, tactically inept way, whether he's fighting relegation with Leicester with poor players or chasing a Champions League place with better players he still plays the same kick and rush, miss out the midfield tactics.

His signings are shocking, from what I've seen Huge sums of money wasted on the likes of Reo-Coker (bought as a central midfielder played as a right back, Luke Young (signed as a RB played left back), Carlos Cuellar (CB- played right back) Curtis Davis, Steve Sidwell and Marlon Harewood (sniggers) not played at all.

his Sunderland play the same long ball, tactically inept, dirty nasty piece of work tactics way.

The fella is a complete fraud and get a free pass in the media

I am not Mancini's biggest fan and I've always been open in my posts about this. I think the Tevez thing was a disgrace and it was Mancini's overreaction at Tevez refusing to warm up for a SECOND time (not refusing to play or warm up for the first time) that showed he does not react well to pressure. Someone else on here has pointed out that we rely so much on players producing a piece of magic rather than winning as a team and I must say this is exactly what Inter were like under Mancini, they often relied on Ibrahimovic to produce something extraordinary. Then of course there is the issue that some of the Titles he won were actually by default because of the Juventus scandal. And his record in Europe is very poor with both Inter and us.

However, after saying all that my view is that even if we don't win the League this season the club should NOT sack Mancini. He deserves another season to get it right. Not by buying more players but by coaching and fashioning the fantastic players we have into real, serious winners. Also unless Mourinho is available there is a derth of very good managers atm in football. Mourinho really is the only one who can guarantee success.

I also do not want us to become like Chelsea. A lot of people say that Chelsea have been successful even though the players have had constant managerial flux. This is of course true, they've won League Titles, FA Cup, League Cup & latter CL stages BUT it would be impossible for us to achieve this for one big reason. Chelsea have a very strong team in terms of characters and players. A team that has been together for over 6 years, that has won together, fought together, experienced the euphoria of success and the lows of defeat, as one. It's no coincidence that when the pressure is really on it's Drogba, Terry, Lampard & Cech who step up. They're the experienced and mentally strong players that have experience as a team to draw on. They are the one with the strongest ties to the club.

Our Manchester City team has not experienced any of what Chelsea have yet, they've not forged bonds in success and defeat or battled against the media criticism as one or come together to oust various managers. It's for this reason it would be impossible for us to emulate Chelsea's success on the field if we were to follow their policy of sacking managers regularly.

Cheesy said:
Fucking hell, have I dreamed this last season and a bit? I was sure we won the FA Cup last May and were lying second in the Premier League with a whacking great points total.

Turns out we're actually fucking shite.

Those were great successes and City was just amazing to watch at the start of this season, as I already said. But there's a decline since QPR maybe, it just doesn't look as good as it was and even really bad at times (I wrote some reasons for that, as I see it).
2nd half against Sporting is an exception, but that also comes down to players stepping up. It certainly wasn't Mancini's brilliant tactics, planning and reading of opponents game that did the job.

Cheesy said:
And bring in who?

That's the biggest problem. Even if City loses EPL title and finishes the season without any trophies despite having such great players, Mancini might still stay because he's the least evil option.
There was some talk about Mourinho, but I don't think Real will let him go. Other than him, no big names available currently..

But that doesn't stop me from being frustrated by the way he's leading the team. I just had to let it out:P

Mancini the man......Mourinho the child, the arrogant, the big head, the shithouse, the jealous the snide and the eye gauging from the behind coward. Who would want a creature like that managing their team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.