Will they fire Mancini?

drone said:
Those were great successes and City was just amazing to watch at the start of this season, as I already said. But there's a decline since QPR maybe, it just doesn't look as good as it was and even really bad at times (I wrote some reasons for that, as I see it). 2nd half against Sporting is an exception, but that also comes down to players stepping up. It certainly wasn't Mancini's brilliant tactics, planning and reading of opponents game that did the job.

You do know your stuff, don't you eh? Stop talking shit, you're embarrassing yourself.

Nasri factors Mancini into City success
Published: Tuesday 6 March 2012, 8.59CET

Samir Nasri tells UEFA.com how manager Roberto Mancini has helped raise horizons at Manchester City FC, explaining: "He's someone who talks a lot, and who doesn't accept defeats."

Samir Nasri told UEFA.com that disappointment in the UEFA Champions League group stage had toughened Manchester City FC up, as they prepare to take on Sporting Clube de Portugal in the UEFA Europa League round of 16. "There's an improvement because we have played in the Champions League, being in a difficult group and not coming through," said the French attacking midfielder, who gave manager Roberto Mancini plenty of credit for the club's rising profile. "He's someone who talks a lot, and who doesn't accept defeats," said the former Arsenal FC man. "He likes to win, and he's very good. He likes to analyse the opponents, and he's able to point out their weaknesses so that we can hit where it hurts."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000274/match=2007453/prematch/focus/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/se ... index.html</a>

Funny how the people who know the least about someone, always have the most to say.

drone said:
Cheesy said:
Fucking hell, have I dreamed this last season and a bit? I was sure we won the FA Cup last May and were lying second in the Premier League with a whacking great points total.

Turns out we're actually fucking shite.

Those were great successes and City was just amazing to watch at the start of this season, as I already said. But there's a decline since QPR maybe, it just doesn't look as good as it was and even really bad at times (I wrote some reasons for that, as I see it).
2nd half against Sporting is an exception, but that also comes down to players stepping up. It certainly wasn't Mancini's brilliant tactics, planning and reading of opponents game that did the job.

Cheesy said:
And bring in who?

That's the biggest problem. Even if City loses EPL title and finishes the season without any trophies despite having such great players, Mancini might still stay because he's the least evil option.
There was some talk about Mourinho, but I don't think Real will let him go. Other than him, no big names available currently..

But that doesn't stop me from being frustrated by the way he's leading the team. I just had to let it out:P
If he doesn't win it this year ., with the competition weak and few injury problems, after that blistering start , then he won't win it next year. The players won't 'buy into' him enough and his limited leadership skills will be further diminished. There will be plenty of tunnel bust ups and dropped superstars, but no significant silverware.

Thats my prediction.

I think Mancini is a good person but he is underachieving at the moment. The season promised so much at the beginning. Now it looks like it could be a trophyless campaign.

Mancini hasn't got the best out of many of his signings recently (Dzeko, Nasri etc). Think he has done a OK/good job overall since he came in. But i do think there are a few other managers who could do better. Not sure if Mancini is the man for the long-term. But whoever the manager is after this season, he must be there for the long-term.

BlueCityfan said:
I think Mancini is a good person but he is underachieving at the moment. The season promised so much at the beginning. Now it looks like it could be a trophyless campaign.

Mancini hasn't got the best out of many of his signings recently (Dzeko, Nasri etc). Think he has done a OK/good job overall since he came in. But i do think there are a few other managers who could do better. Not sure if Mancini is the man for the long-term. But whoever the manager is after this season, he must be there for the long-term.

Name the " few " managers.

The pressure on Mancini will be multiplied by ten if he was to retain his job, following a failure this season.

The team would only have to have a couple of dodgy results at the start of the season and it would be Mark Hughes all over again.

The owners made the mistake once, they won't make it again, I suspect.

If he is to be sacked, it will be because they know they can get a significant upgrade.

Mancini gets too much credit at times, and too much criticism at others.

Sheikh Mansour is wholly responsible for where we are as a club and a team.

It is his money and he has every right to decide if enough is enough.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The pressure on Mancini will be multiplied by ten if he was to retain his job, following a failure this season.

The team would only have to have a couple of dodgy results at the start of the season and it would be Mark Hughes all over again.

If he is to be sacked, it will be because they know they can get a significant upgrade.

Who in your opinion represents a significant upgrade - is it a one candidate list ?

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Who in your opinion represents a significant upgrade - is it a one candidate list ?
Who are yours Billy again?

I think we both agree on Jose being more likely to win the CL here, I think Pep may be an upgrade, you think Arsene and was Klopp the other one? Is he still getting rave reviews?

I really can't think of anyone else, can you?

Lucky13 said:
BlueCityfan said:

Name the " few " managers.

Mourinho, Ancelotti...those are 2 not too old but better managers than Mancini IMO. Then there is Klopp and Guardiola but i think they would leave their current clubs.

then i could add some more experienced like Hiddink, Wenger and Capello but i don't think they would be long-term.

SWP's back said:
I really can't think of anyone else, can you?

As I said earlier, I think there's zero chance of Mancini getting sacked, even if we finish a distant second behind the rags (which is unlikely). The only conceivable way I can see Mancini not staying beyond the summer is if he's not offered a new contract, and someone like Juve or even the Italian national team come calling.

In terms of managers out there - I'm pretty surprised Pep hasn't signed a new contract at Barca. For me the obvious candidates are him and Mourinho. Wenger is never going to happen. Klopp is unlikely because he's just signed a new contract at Dortmund. Maybe Jogi Loew.

I think the manner/timing of Mancini's exit will have a massive bearing on who his successor is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.