Will they fire Mancini?

Ntini77 said:
Considering our Argentinian contingent, wouldn't Marcelo Bielsa come into contention?

Chelsea have been sniffing around him for a while and is a contender in the summer

-- Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 am --

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
The black and white of it is if Mourinho doesn't come Mancini stays............in my humble opinion.

If it's Mourinho or bust for our owners, then I'd be hugely disappointed. There's nothing remotely forward thinking about that appointment and it doesn't take into account the very real possibility that Mancini would leave of his own volition whilst Mourinho ends up staying at Real.

IF we replace or IF Mancini leaves the next appointmnet is critical in our development, for me there's only one man than can "guarantee success" and anyone else is a gamble.

It's that black and white in reality...........

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
As I said earlier, I think there's zero chance of Mancini getting sacked, even if we finish a distant second behind the rags (which is unlikely). The only conceivable way I can see Mancini not staying beyond the summer is if he's not offered a new contract, and someone like Juve or even the Italian national team come calling.

In terms of managers out there - I'm pretty surprised Pep hasn't signed a new contract at Barca. For me the obvious candidates are him and Mourinho. Wenger is never going to happen. Klopp is unlikely because he's just signed a new contract at Dortmund. Maybe Jogi Loew.

I think the manner/timing of Mancini's exit will have a massive bearing on who his successor is.

I'll repeat myself in what i posted yesterday that i'm not sure Guardiola would be a step up from Mancini to be honest, he's not proven in the Prem and would be a huge gamble.

I think Tolm is right that when the time comes it'll be a proven Prem manager with a pedigree, Hiddink is busy counting his money and Mourinho is getting very busy at the moment.

The black and white of it is if Mourinho doesn't come Mancini stays............in my humble opinion.

You've not been hacking my phone again, have you mate? ;)

Who do you think i am, Murdoch? ;-)

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

If it's Mourinho or bust for our owners, then I'd be hugely disappointed. There's nothing remotely forward thinking about that appointment and it doesn't take into account the very real possibility that Mancini would leave of his own volition whilst Mourinho ends up staying at Real.
I'd say adug did their forward thinking when they committed half a billion to transfer fees and contracts, billy. Im sure if a successor is appointed his remit will be immediate success with the squad he inherits.

I think most people agree that if we finish potless and Jose is available, it's a simple choice. The two less predictable scenarios are if one of those two things don't happen.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

I'd say adug did their forward thinking when they committed half a billion to transfer fees and contracts, billy. Im sure if a successor is appointed his remit will be immediate success with the squad he inherits.

I think most people agree that if we finish potless and Jose is available, it's a simple choice. The two less predictable scenarios are if one of those two things don't happen.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I've missed a discussion of it, but I haven't seen much comment about Mancini's contractual situation. He'll only have a year left when the current campaign ends, and the received wisdom in football is that it's a corrosive influence for a belief to take hold that a manager's departure is certain. (I'd argue that, in his first few months in the job, Mancini himself was done no favours by the constant talk that he was only a short-term appointment).

If Mancini were to start next season still working to the same contract as he is now, I believe it would be highly destabilising. They really have to agree a new contract with Roberto (and they haven't left themselves all that much time, if there really haven't been serious negotiations thus far) or replace him this summer, in my view. I don't think it's an option to do nothing, not feeling able to commit to Mancini long term, but not wanting to push him out while the preferred replacement isn't available. To do so would just be letting things drift, and the club's top brass need to be more decisive than that if we're to continue to make progress. (Having said that, if that's what MCFC try to do, I wouldn't be surprised if Mancini were to walk anyway - he won't be short of options himself).

I can't believe this topic has even got to this many pages. He will not go. He's Man City, he's a winner and with time, his team will flourish. He's the man for the job.

He's hurting right now because he wants Man City to do well and blames himself for the bad luck of results, but give credit where it is due. Man United are over achieving at the moment and they have done absolutely brilliant (like we have) to get this many points in the season. Have some faith, have some loyalty and believe. Mancini is Man City and I think if we sack him we are heading on a sliding slippery slope! - Look at Chelsea as an example!

Rome wasn't built in a day. It's a 5 year plan, and he's only in his 3rd year. Give him some more time! The team is improving massively year after year. We are City and we are winners!

CTID!

Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preparation" line being spun out again by Bob.

Not sure what everyone else's opinion is on the matter but for me I thought it was poor form from Bob - I'm sure people will point to the "protecting the players" line however imo it's about time the players stood up to the task and pulled their fingers out anyway.

Can't see the board being overly impressed with the manager of their business spinning out the same excuse twice in a matter of weeks.

Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preperation" line being spun out again by Bob.

Not sure what everyone else's opinion is on the matter but for me I thought it was poor form from Bob - I'm sure people will point to the "protecting the players" line however imo it's about time the players stood up to the task and pulled their fingers out anyway.

Can't see the board being overly impressed with the manager of their business spinning out the same excuse twice in a matter of weeks.

I'm with you mate, theres no room for 'poor preparation' at this level of the game, especially with the talent at our disposal.

Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preparation" line being spun out again by Bob.

Have some faith and loyalty. We are Man City, we don't want to emulate those over the road in any sort of way. United gave Fergie time and look at him now. Mancini will be the best manager in our history- 110%!

-- Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 pm --

TFC said:
Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preperation" line being spun out again by Bob.

I'm with you mate, theres no room for 'poor preparation' at this level of the game, especially with the talent at our disposal.

I disagree. Our team isn't complete. We haven't yet got the best out of many of our stars and you can't just expect to splash the cash on many big names and expect them to deliver. We have a few bad results and everyone is calling for the managers head- It's ridiculous. Nobody expected us to be where we are at this stage right now and yes we do have a great team but United have been there and done it and it will take more than a few signings to knock an excellent team (with the winning mentality they have) off their perch. With more time, we will dominate!

If we have 10 great wins and come home with the title, Mancini will be a hero again. Fans can be ever so fickle at times.

citizens_1976 said:
Rammy Blue said:

Have some faith and loyalty. We are Man City, we don't want to emulate those over the road in any sort of way. United gave Fergie time and look at him now. Mancini will be the best manager in our history- 110%!

No disrespect fella, but what has your post got to do with mine?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.