Will they fire Mancini?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
LoveCity said:
No talks yet out of Manchester City on new deal for Roberto Mancini
Duncan Castles
Mar 17, 2012

Manchester City remain relaxed about the contract situation of Roberto Mancini and are not considering replacing him with Jose Mourinho, even if the Italian manager fails to win a trophy this season.

City exited the Europa League in midweek leaving the pursuit of Manchester United for the Premier League this season's sole chance of silverware.

The club considers Mancini one of the top five managers in world football and see no value in ending a relationship they believe will deliver major titles in future campaigns, if not this one.

The executive team has been impressed by Mancini's readiness to take blame upon himself for recent failures, although their long-term commitment to the manager will be tested by a willingness to renew a contract that expires next year.

To date there have been no formal talks about an extension.

City find themselves in a position where they may face a resurgent Chelsea on Wednesday night four points adrift of United and there has been a degree of resistance to Mancini's management amongst the squad.

Some players complain that the Italian remains a distant figure, his training sessions are not enjoyable, and that the team's tactics do not properly exploit the talent available to him.

An aspect of Patrick Vieira's role as football development executive has been to provide a conduit between squad and manager.

Though his default position is to resist changing management, City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed has demonstrated his readiness to act when judged necessary.

Less than two weeks ago Al Jazira, the UAE Pro League club he is chairman of, dismissed Franky Vercauteren as coach seven months after appointing the Belgian because of a breakdown in the relationship with players.

Mourinho is open to offers from Premier League clubs having taken the decision to leave Real Madrid this summer.

Yet the City hierarchy have concerns over the long-term legacy he would offer the club and the cost of employing a coach who earns over €10 million (Dh 48.39m) a year after tax in Spain.

Mourinho is seriously considering an approach from Tottenham Hotspur.

Potentially more appealing to City, however, is Pep Guardiola's less confrontational style of management.

The Barcelona coach has yet to decide on extending his contract at Camp Nou into a fifth season, but is expected to take a year's sabbatical from football even if he decides against it.
What an odd little story, seemingly contradictory in places. Castles has some good sources for city news, although he's got things wrong too.

My guess? A little leak from adug to calm the speculation during an important run-in like in this thread.

It's contradictory because he's winging it. As per usual.
Haha. I'm aware it covers both bases for the summer. I also reckon he's read this thread.

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What an odd little story, seemingly contradictory in places. Castles has some good sources for city news, although he's got things wrong too.

My guess? A little leak from adug to calm the speculation during an important run-in like in this thread.

Haha. I'm aware it covers both bases for the summer. I also reckon he's read this thread.

I'm not on Twitter that much, but did also notice he was a follower.

Like I said in my previous post, there is no way the club will be briefing with ten games to go in a title race.

They fucked up the last time they did that when they said Hughes was safe just a few weeks before the end.

Even Goal.com were reporting the no contract yet story earlier this week.

For the record, Spurs were told this week by Mourinho's camp that the intention was for him to sign an extension at Real.

Now either he doesn't fancy Spurs, is playing tricks, or isn't stupid enough to leave Real.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Like I said in my previous post, there is no way the club will be briefing with ten games to go in a title race.

They fucked up the last time they did that when they said Hughes was safe just a few weeks before the end.

According to one of the guys on Sunday Supplement, one of the jounros making the claims about Mancini is well connected at City.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

For the record, Spurs were told this week by Mourinho's camp that the intention was for him to sign an extension at Real.

Now either he doesn't fancy Spurs, is playing tricks, or isn't stupid enough to leave Real.

He's not going to tell them he's coming to City is he? ;)

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:

According to one of the guys on Sunday Supplement, one of the jounros making the claims about Mancini is well connected at City.

Sunday Supplement, you say?

Oh well, then...

I see that cnut Paul Smith has got himself a new job at the Sunday Sun.

Horrible prick.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Sunday Supplement, you say?

Oh well, then...

I see that cnut Paul Smith has got himself a new job at the Sunday Sun.

Horrible prick.

So are you saying that no jounros have any contacts inside City and none of their fellow "professionals" know who knows who?

BillyShears said:
I read somewhere Biesla doesn't speak a world of English although I could be wrong. I notice that Louis Van Gaal is being linked with the Chelsea job. He was my first choice to replace Hughes.

Mancini didn't speak English when he took the City job so that doesn't necessarily matter. Ditto Capello and England. Talk of replacing him is way too premature, IMHO. 2nd will still be our highest ever Premiership finish although I concede he may be released if we don't win it next season. They've provided him with more than enough to put a title winning squad together.

peoffrey said:
BillyShears said:
I read somewhere Biesla doesn't speak a world of English although I could be wrong. I notice that Louis Van Gaal is being linked with the Chelsea job. He was my first choice to replace Hughes.

Mancini didn't speak English when he took the City job so that doesn't necessarily matter. Ditto Capello and England. Talk of replacing him is way too premature, IMHO. 2nd will still be our highest ever Premiership finish although I concede he may be released if we don't win it next season. They've provided him with more than enough to put a title winning squad together.

Was that Spanish that he spoke in his first presser?

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
I know there is the "it's a risk hiring an unknown foreigner" idea, but isn't that what Wenger and Mourinho were.

That's always been my feeling. I said earlier in this thread that Mourinho would hardly be a progressive appointment. I'd love Roberto's successor to be someone a little out of left field. I'll once again fly the Jurgen Klopp flag. Fantastic coach who's Dortmund team are a joy to watch as well as being effective.

Respect your view but he was hugely disliked in Catalunia, half the team were dutch (not in itself a bad thing). He also came across as a fairly charmless sort of guy. Not sure we'd take to him.

Haven't seen much of klopp's team but he's doing great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.