Will we ever see a top 6 side relegated?

I remember when Spurs were relegated in 1977, i think that was the last time one of the current top six went down.
Just out of interest who do you support?
Just spotted your user name, well to give you a clue there is another top six club a tad closer to home who a few on here may remember being relegated.

I never thought I’d see villa relegated, given their status when we were shit, then vying with them for top 4. Yet they did.

United, Liverpool and Arsenal I can’t ever see getting relegated, us either for that matter. Of the ones who lurk, I could see Spurs nose diving at some point.

Realistically unless they change the rules which is quite possible I think it will take grave financial mismanagement ala Leeds for a current top six to go down.

Almost impossible.

I know you didn't ask this question but could any other club ever break into the established big 6?

Absolutely. Everton have been slowly getting there over the past decade, during which time we've seen the 'Big 4' turn into 6.

Absolutely. Everton have been slowly getting there over the past decade, during which time we've seen the 'Big 4' turn into 6.
It was the media that turned the top 4 into the top 6 and that purely because Liverpool (mainly) and then the rags weren't in the top 4 consistently enough.

Here's one for a boring two weeks of international football.

Considering the power, money and management the likes of City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham now have, when (if ever) could we ever see one of these sides relegated again? In recent years we've seen Chelsea and Utd finish poorly, as low as 10th, but are they now so protected by their own wealth that the possibility of them being relegated is almost impossible?

Apart from ourselves, the other five would have the benefit of a quick redrafting of the rules to prevent such an unsavoury business as a relegation. Just the same way that Uefa fuck about with the rules to maintain as much of the status quo as they can get away with re historical entries into the CL!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.