Will we ever see a top 6 side relegated?

Just out of interest who do you support?
Just spotted your user name, well to give you a clue there is another top six club a tad closer to home who a few on here may remember being relegated.

Utd were relegated before Spurs though.

I think Chelsea might have been relegated since then, although they were a bit of a yo-yo club back then.

My team Bolton were champions of Division 2 the season Spurs went up in third place behind Southampton.

I never thought I’d see villa relegated, given their status when we were shit, then vying with them for top 4. Yet they did.

United, Liverpool and Arsenal I can’t ever see getting relegated, us either for that matter. Of the ones who lurk, I could see Spurs nose diving at some point.

Spurs might get themselves into a perfect storm situation if they can't repay their stadium loans, have to sell players, miss out on Europe and lose Poch.

A lot of 'ifs' mind you

I remember when Spurs were relegated in 1977, i think that was the last time one of the current top six went down.

They only just won promotion on goal difference on the last day of the season as well.

They scored nine goals more than Brighton, courtesy of beating Bristol Rovers 9-0 at home earlier in the season.

No play-offs back then either, you either went up or you didn't.

It certainly wasn’t the last time a current top 6 club went down, Chelsea in the 80’s and god’s own Champions 5 times since 1977.

The only teams I can't remember outside the top division are Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool though Liverpool were promoted in my lifetime .

Can’t see Chelsea going down but pre Matthew Harding they yo yo’d like West Ham. Absolute two bob club. Attendances were shit too. Circa 12k on many an occasion. Wankers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.