Will we ever see a top 6 side relegated?

Never saw never even with the money involved.

But as someone said said 'not in my lifetime' unless the Prem get some balls i.e. a proper penalty for Spurs........

It'd have to be a financial meltdown or a serious double bankruptcy points deduction.

Funnily enough ourselves. Our commercial backing is very high considering our success has only been recent. We have to keep being in the top 1 or 2 for the commercial money to roll in.
If we have a couple of bad years table position and trophy wise the P&L won't stack up and we would have to sell players maybe, then the spirral down could start.
This assumes that we don't get any support from his Highness.

If and when the golden goose that is tv rights disappear all premier league clubs could be in trouble

Disappear? How?

Remember Setanta? Didn't they outbid companies and then had to pull the plug? The money paid for TV rights makes me think that it puts companies under severe financial pressure - just look at the desperation that the subscription channels go to in order to hang on to a subscriber. I think Sky are not too secure and BT might go the same way. The door might be open for Far Eastern or sub-continent companies to outbid everyone and we could be on the road to flakeydom!

Remember Setanta? Didn't they outbid companies and then had to pull the plug? The money paid for TV rights makes me think that it puts companies under severe financial pressure - just look at the desperation that the subscription channels go to in order to hang on to a subscriber. I think Sky are not too secure and BT might go the same way. The door might be open for Far Eastern or sub-continent companies to outbid everyone and we could be on the road to flakeydom!
This is not beyond the realms of possibility.
Some players/agents are, shall we say, making the most of the good times and bleeding the game dry.
With those people it's a competition how much money that they can make, which takes priority over the football.

Did the TV money go up or down after Setanta?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.