Will we win the league? Yes or no.

Big-P said:
should be pissing this league, really baffling that we're not. Should have had it tied up in Feb

If we got points in the games we'd win if we played them another 10 times, we'd be so far ahead of everyone else they wouldn't even bother trying to catch us. It's mental just how good this team can be, and then concede and lose to Sunderland, conceded 2 goals to West Brom after they had one effort on target, Villa in general - As you say, baffling.

Next weeks game will probably make my mind up on the title. An away Prem game where we've only played well in a very limited number of minutes over the season so far.

Just said in another thread that that will be a bigger win than in München if we can win there next week. And I reckon we'll power on to win the title from there.

I worry about our strength in depth in defensive midfield though. If Fernandinho gets an injury I don't think we'll win the league. He's that good and that important and García won't be good enough over the season.

But it's all about the away games.

adrianr said:
Big-P said:
should be pissing this league, really baffling that we're not. Should have had it tied up in Feb

If we got points in the games we'd win if we played them another 10 times, we'd be so far ahead of everyone else they wouldn't even bother trying to catch us. It's mental just how good this team can be, and then concede and lose to Sunderland, conceded 2 goals to West Brom after they had one effort on target, Villa in general - As you say, baffling.

You look at the team, the squad and then you look at everyone else and the only logical conclusion is that we should win the league and win it comfortably. Today was great fun and a cracking game but we still conceded 3 goals and still look vulnerable. If we had won this game 3-0 and not allowed them a sniff then maybe I would be more certain we will win it. Mind you everyone else is really pants. Outside of us who is looking the most likely to win it? Chelsea are playing poorly, ManU are a gigglefest, Arsenal just don't have the squad depth.

Ah sod it I'm going for the whole 'enjoy the games and let the chips fall where they may' approach...

Yes.

I think we have the easiest run of games through the end of the year. Only 1 road game and that's at Fulham which should be an easy 3 points. Liverpool at home could be tough but our home form is so good I don't see anyone taking even a point from us at home. I think once we get going and get in front we can really put pressure on the others. Away to Swansea on Jan 1st is the most important game. We've lost there 2 years in a row. We get the win there we should be good.

Mr. Aguia said:
Yes.

I think we have the easiest run of games through the end of the year. Only 1 road game and that's at Fulham which should be an easy 3 points. Liverpool at home could be tough but our home form is so good I don't see anyone taking even a point from us at home. I think once we get going and get in front we can really put pressure on the others. Away to Swansea on Jan 1st is the most important game. We've lost there 2 years in a row. We get the win there we should be good.
we drew Swans last year at the Liberty.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 pm --<br /><br />Important period coming up. Got 4 games in short space of time, would like to think we will get maximum points from Fulham and Palace. Pool is tough but at least it is at home. Swansea will be tough but their depth ain't as good as ours and could be fatigued after so many games. Hopefully no more injuries to our main players for a while. Momentum is with us though and really hoping we can carry this on into the year, and perhaps go on our best run of form since first half of 2011/2012 season.

mammutly said:
Probably.

Everton and Arsenal are our main rivals, I think. Chelski are toothless and looking increasingly desperate.
By the end of the season I'd be surprised if the top two weren't City and Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.