Will we win the league? Yes or no.

Dribble said:
Unless we change our thrilling but outdated 4-4-2 formation to a more modern playing system the answer is no.

Football isn't just about scoring, it's about defending too and this is something we are seriously struggling with.

Unless we adopt a horses for courses tactical approach, I can't see us winning squat.

3rd best defensive record in the league.

'Struggling'?

We might have just picked up 4 points out of 6 but our away form still concerns me.WBA,well everyone is beating them at the moment,even Norwich,who are dire away!At Southampton we rode our luck a bit but if our forwards had been more clinical we would have won the game,but that has been the story of our season so far away.

Pellegrini has to be cuter away and set us up harder to break down and our quality should win us more than we draw or lose.We are too open and if we miss the chances we create we are getting beaten or drawing games as has been the case so far.

We should let home teams have the ball and come at us and hit them on the break.What we are doing is dominating possesion and they stick 11 behind the ball and hit US on the break or do us from a set piece.If WE sit back the home fans will demand they attack us and it should prove more effective.

So no i think our away form will trip us up for winning the league unless the managerial team has a major rethink.

Stoned Rose said:
Dribble said:
Unless we change our thrilling but outdated 4-4-2 formation to a more modern playing system the answer is no.

Football isn't just about scoring, it's about defending too and this is something we are seriously struggling with.

Unless we adopt a horses for courses tactical approach, I can't see us winning squat.

'Struggling'?

4 defeats and a draw away from home so far - yep I'd say we've been struggling a tad.

Stoned Rose said:
Dribble said:

'Struggling'?
It's a strange one that. Our defending hasn't looked as solid as in previous seasons, but the overall PL picture shows we're not doing too badly. The goal conceded at Saints was down to an individual piece of skill rather than piss-poor defending. In the last 6 games we've scored 20 goals, conceded 4. Leaking goals is not a current problem.

Big yes. Just need to keep it tight at the back. It's going to be another big party. Together Believe.

steviemc said:
Stoned Rose said:
Dribble said:

'Struggling'?
It's a strange one that. Our defending hasn't looked as solid as in previous seasons, but the overall PL picture shows we're not doing too badly. The goal conceded at Saints was down to an individual piece of skill rather than piss-poor defending. In the last 6 games we've scored 20 goals, conceded 4. Leaking goals is not a current problem.

It's because many of our conceded goals are directly leading to dropped points. Spurs have a GD in the minus numbers, yet they're only a couple of points behind us. Now obviously we tonked them, but even if you turned that result into a 1-0 win for us, they'd still have a shit GD and nearly as many points. When we're knocking them in we're really knocking them in, but when we're away many chances and half chances are going in. WBA case in point, 1 shot on target, 2 goals!

We should win it if everyone stays fit, but it's a big ask. We've got some horrible away games to come and unfortunately we've already spunked away the leaway we'll surely need, at Sunderland, Cardiff and Villa. It's not even really a question of tactical intransigence either; I just don't think we've got the athleticism, pace and quality in depth to see it through against particular opponents playing a particular way. If we could field a front 6 of Ya Ya, Ferna, Silva, Nasri, Sergio and the Beast each week we'd have a great shout, but scratch beneath the veneer and you're into the Garcia's, Dzeko's, Lescott's etc. Not bad players, but IMO not quite good enough to chase down the Arse, the Scousers and the Chavs. But of course, nothing is fixed. Arsenal could lose Ramsey and Ozil for the season, Suarez could have another meltdown. It's ours for the taking, but we need a lot of breaks to go our way between now and May

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.