Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

It is still possible, however I can't see past Liverpool at the moment. Luck is reall going their way at the moment and whatever anyone says you need your fair share of luck to win it over 38 games and I'd say they have had more than their fair share. They have got everyone behind them, Brendan Rogers seems to think of himself as a philosophist, it's incredibly difficult listening to him spout shit week in and week out.

When we played the scum at old trafford we came out looking to punish them, and we haven't looked like that since, if we don't win the league we cannot blame anyone else but our selves, if we do win it we owe a big thanks to Liverpool and Chelsea, because I don't think we deserve it after our second half of the season.

cleavers said:
Mancity1980 said:
bluegoal said:
Title has gone :(

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...

Also what people fail to remember from the title-winning season was before the Rags pulled ahead we were in control of that title and as soon as the pressure was on in the run-in we bottled it. It was only when the pressure was off and we started winning again did we regain control of our destiny. Even then we nearly f**ked up against QPR. For all three seasons we had the best players/squad/team and should have won the title in all of them convincingly, something is missing and I am not quite sure what it is. Maybe it is some king of collective steely determination, maybe there is an undermining complacency, maybe we have come too far too quickly. Whatever it is big money stellar signings won't solve it.
So the season we won it, we actually bottled it twice ?

Funny I thought it was decided after all 38 games had been played, or when you can no longer catch the team top.

Clever words, but he's right. We were top for most of 2011/12 and bottled it when it got down to the short strokes. We got a reprieve when the rags decided to out-bottle us by losing to Wigan. Had they not done so, we would have chucked it having led for about 30 weeks.

Mancity1980 said:
bluegoal said:

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...

Also what people fail to remember from the title-winning season was before the Rags pulled ahead we were in control of that title and as soon as the pressure was on in the run-in we bottled it. It was only when the pressure was off and we started winning again did we regain control of our destiny. Even then we nearly f**ked up against QPR. For all three seasons we had the best players/squad/team and should have won the title in all of them convincingly, something is missing and I am not quite sure what it is. Maybe it is some king of collective steely determination, maybe there is an undermining complacency, maybe we have come too far too quickly. Whatever it is big money stellar signings won't solve it.

Bang on the money....

When it comes to the crunch time we have been found wanting on too many occasions, and until this is eradicated then it's gonna keep coming back to bite us ....

Chippy_boy said:
Clever words, but he's right. We were top for most of 2011/12 and bottled it when it got down to the short strokes. We got a reprieve when the rags decided to out-bottle us by losing to Wigan. Had they not done so, we would have chucked it having led for about 30 weeks.
LOL, so Mancini Bottled it twice, but was out bottled by united, who'd have thought it ? (sorry fellow mods, please spare me, tis only a joke)

Football truly is a funny old game.

Probably no but there are still points to play for and we should try and finish as strong as possible.

I suppose the best time to answer this question will be 10pm Monday night (or 5pm my time!) after the WBA game.
Assuming we get 3 points, then Liverpool face two big games - as we do......
They have Chelsea at home and Palace away.
We have Everton away and Palace away.

Can Liverpool drop 4 points and draw both games?
Can City win both?

I believe the former can happen....... and hope and pray the latter can happen.

My head says yes but the heart says we will come second.

cleavers said:
Mancity1980 said:
bluegoal said:

So the season we won it, we actually bottled it twice ?

Funny I thought it was decided after all 38 games had been played, or when you can no longer catch the team top.
1st point ; didn't say that
2nd point : cause it is

congrats to martyrpool , 7 days rest and as fresh as a daisy , and they still have to hang on at the end , chelsea will have champs league semi final this week ,and they will rest players, so they yet again they have an advantage , the only reason the martyrs are going to win this league is because they have played 15 games less , than us and chelsea . The failure of the media to even acknowledge this , during the martyr love-in , is predictable , at least we know they wont be in contention next season for the premiership , with their 15 man squad , they will be one season wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.