Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I suppose the best time to answer this question will be 10pm Monday night (or 5pm my time!) after the WBA game.
Assuming we get 3 points, then Liverpool face two big games - as we do......
They have Chelsea at home and Palace away.
We have Everton away and Palace away.

Can Liverpool drop 4 points and draw both games?
Can City win both?

I believe the former can happen....... and hope and pray the latter can happen.

My head says yes but the heart says we will come second.

The WBA game is pivotal.

Its a lot more than the three points would normally suggest.

If we win it and Chelsea do us a favour on Sunday its still on.

If we bottle WBA then the talk will definitely centre on whether we can hang on to third place as our season starts to really stutter.

Time for us to make some mark on this season that's for sure.

mancity1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I suppose the best time to answer this question will be 10pm Monday night (or 5pm my time!) after the WBA game.

Can City win both?

The WBA game is pivotal.

If we bottle WBA then the talk will definitely centre on whether we can hang on to third place as our season starts to really stutter.

I'd go further than that and argue that 4th spot will be in jeopardy if we fuck up at against West Brom. Arsenal's remaining games are a piece of piss and I'd imagine we'll need 8 more points to finish above them. That's either 3 wins or 2 wins and 2 draws from our last 5. Everton and Palace away are about as tough as it gets on current form. We will heap all kinds of unnecessary pressure on ourselves if we fail to beat West Brom, and unless Silva is fit it's quite easy to see that happening.
We should be fine, but complacency has made a total arse out of us many times before.

We won't win the league because the referees will protect Liverpool in their next 3 games.

I don't think I have ever witnessed a team who have been so lucky with decisions. Don't normally subscribe to conspiracy theories but it's hard not to with what we have witnessed this season. The dippers have had 5 more penalties than the next highest total awarded for a team. It stinks.

mancity1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Can City win both?

The WBA game is pivotal.

Win tonight, plant that seed of doubt at Anfield, then in one week, that seed of doubt could be a Giant Bean Stalk with Liverpool fans trooping out of the Kop on legs of jelly

Is it that unlikely that City beat WBA and Chelsea take a point at Anfield? Imagine the impact of that? SSN would go into meltdown

Marvin said:
mancity1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Can City win both?

The WBA game is pivotal.

Win tonight, plant that seed of doubt at Anfield, then in one week, that seed of doubt could be a Giant Bean Stalk with Liverpool fans trooping out of the Kop on legs of jelly

Is it that unlikely that City beat WBA and Chelsea take a point at Anfield? Imagine the impact of that? SSN would go into meltdown

It's not at all unlikely that Liverpool will lose one of their last 3. They've looked distinctly shaky, particularly in the second half, of their last 2 matches and been fortunate to take 3 points from both.

If we can play for the whole 90 minutes for once, WBA should get blown away (goal difference could be crucial in the end).

I'm not saying City will win the title, but I am pretty sure that we will get another chance at it. Tough games away at Everton and Palace could well be the crux for us.

Can't believe the negative folk on here, one draw at home and we are suddenly shite. Good win tonight, improves goal difference and keeps pressure on dippers. Chelsea can get a result at weekend and the pressure will be truly ramped up on the dippers, For those who don't think we can get a result at palace give your head a wobble. It's shit or bust for city in every game, if dippers slip up we will pounce. They already look twitchy to me.

Not really h3re said:
We won't win the league because the referees will protect Liverpool in their next 3 games.

I don't think I have ever witnessed a team who have been so lucky with decisions. Don't normally subscribe to conspiracy theories but it's hard not to with what we have witnessed this season. The dippers have had 5 more penalties than the next highest total awarded for a team. It stinks.
Including 3 at The Swamp. Is it true that the Rags didn't have a penalty against them at The Swamp for over 2 years before that game?

mammutly said:
Marvin said:
mancity1 said:
The WBA game is pivotal.

It's not at all unlikely that Liverpool will lose one of their last 3. They've looked distinctly shaky, particularly in the second half, of their last 2 matches and been fortunate to take 3 points from both.

If we can play for the whole 90 minutes for once, WBA should get blown away (goal difference could be crucial in the end).

I'm not saying City will win the title, but I am pretty sure that we will get another chance at it. Tough games away at Everton and Palace could well be the crux for us.

Your right , I don't by this tired business much its all a mental thing.

Look at Sunderland last week with the same starting eleven.

We have to go at them at full throttle for the whole game , not giving them a sniff like the good sides do.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Not really h3re said:

Including 3 at The Swamp. Is it true that the Rags didn't have a penalty against them at The Swamp for over 2 years before that game?
It was a lot longer than 2 years IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.