Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai Blue said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Not really h3re said:
We won't win the league because the referees will protect Liverpool in their next 3 games.
I don't think I have ever witnessed a team who have been so lucky with decisions. Don't normally subscribe to conspiracy theories but it's hard not to with what we have witnessed this season. The dippers have had 5 more penalties than the next highest total awarded for a team. It stinks.
Including 3 at The Swamp. Is it true that the Rags didn't have a penalty against them at The Swamp for over 2 years before that game?
It was a lot longer than 2 years IIRC
About 7 years in the league I think.

i8rags said:
Can't believe the negative folk on here, one draw at home and we are suddenly shite. Good win tonight, improves goal difference and keeps pressure on dippers. Chelsea can get a result at weekend and the pressure will be truly ramped up on the dippers, For those who don't think we can get a result at palace give your head a wobble. It's shit or bust for city in every game, if dippers slip up we will pounce. They already look twitchy to me.

The problem is that Chelsea will play their 2nd string, the only top players that will play are Matic and Salah who can't play champs league. Mourinho knows Chelsea can't win league now, he won't risk fitness/ fatigue of his players in between semi finals of champs league.

That only leaves the palace game as an obstacle for the dippers, but they'll know that if they win that they win the league, which will be enough to see them through it (& that's assuming we take 9 points from next 3 before that).

Newcastle at home on the last day is not even worth discussing, they are currently the worst team in the league by a country mile and if you could pick anyone to play right now you'd pick them.

If them drawing one was enough, we'd be right in it still, but I can't see how they're going to drop 3 points.

Liverpool WILL drop points, there is no point analyising each game as it will happen when you least expect it..

The big problem that we have , is can we win all our remaining games ?

We need to be in touching distance by the final game of the season..

If they need to win at home against Newcastle, anything can happen..

Just thinking about this.

Liverpool have 3 games, one of which is Chelsea. If Chelsea don't win that game we can forget everything so let's presume that Chelsea win that game 1-0 which is the lowest possible GD.

This gives Liverpool a +51 GD with 2 games to go.

Now City have 5 games to go. Presuming we win the next 3 with the lowest GD of 1-0, our goal difference will be +57 at the same time as Liverpool are +51.

If City win their last two games 1-0 each, we will be at +59. This means Liverpool would have to score 9 goals in their last two games against Palace and Newcastle to overtake us.

If Chelsea beat Liverpool and we win every game we have won the title on GD.

Damocles said:

Liverpool have 3 games, one of which is Chelsea. If Chelsea don't win that game we can forget everything so let's presume that Chelsea win that game 1-0 which is the lowest possible GD.

Now City have 5 games to go. Presuming we win the next 3 with the lowest GD of 1-0, our goal difference will be +57 at the same time as Liverpool are +51.

If City win their last two games 1-0 each, we will be at +59. This means Liverpool would have to score 9 goals in their last two games against Palace and Newcastle to overtake us.

GD again...I think my nerves would be shot to pieces after that again!

I had a sneaky feeling when thinking about it this morning that Liverpool will beat Chelsea and Palace will give us a good game but just miss out and we win. Then when everyone expects Liverpool to go there and win, Palace actually take a lot of heart from their performance with us and go and beat Liverpool.

You heard it here first!

Damocles said:

Yep and if Chelsea do beat Liverpool I think we'll do the business at Palace later that day, and the Everton game would probably be the decider.

Damocles said:

I always said Mourinho would win us the League. Not quite what I had in mind though ;).

Damocles said:

Seems crazy but it's also the only scenario which is both the most plausible and ends up with us winning it. Draws now are no good. If Liverpool drop points it will only be in one game, so we need that to be a loss.

Why the fuck did we draw against Sunderland? Could have still had this race so much closer. Nothing was lost going into that match.

Would be an interesting thread to read if we had played our games in hand and the gap was actually only three points?

Of course it is still on.

The last thing I want to see in these remaining games is City not making Liverpool earn every point.

Not so sure Chelsea can win at Liverpool but not beyond the realms they can get a draw and same goes for Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.