Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set against the Silva injury, Aguero is looking sharper, and Yaya will be back soon. Maybe Navas too?

Jovetic looking good too

Newcastle are well capable on their day of beating Liverpool at Anfield. Any team would love to take part in that kind of occasion and be party poopers. There's no pressure on them, and they could do something to redeem their season and make their supporters proud.

Newcastle fans must be sick of the sight of seeing that 4-3 game at Liverpool where the 4th goes in and Keegan slumps in his dugout.

If it goes to the last day and we're 3 points behind, imagine the impact on Liverpool of an early goal at the Etihad and the nerves every time a ball goes into their box

I am reminded me of the Alan Ball relegation when 2 ogs sent us down against Liverpool at Maine Rd and Liverpool fans who were on their way to Wembley taunting us in the Kippax Coach Park after the game.

We were supposed to walk QPR off the park on our last day as well. It's a nervy occasion and the other team usually comes to fight. I have no idea if Liverpool will drop points, if they don't then they've truly earned it, they took us and Chelsea on with everything on the line and didn't slip up. We can't say the same.

I don't think Mourinho will play a weakened side, but I'm worried about Hazard's fitness.

Quagmire blue said:
Marvin said:
If we can come from 2-0 down at Anfield, we can go to Palace and win. We might not even need to beat Palace.

If Liverpool slip up in one game, they could blow up.

60 40 Liverpool. Not the foregone conclusion many were assuming. I wouldn't rule Chelsea out either.
I would rule out Chelsea, they need Liverpool to drop 6 points, us to drop 3 points and for them to win every game.

From their perspective, they need to beat Liverpool (which they will surely believe they can do, just as we believe we can beat anyone).

After that, all they need is for Liverpool to slip up once. I don't think they will consider they are out of it by any means.

They are probably expecting us to slip up somewhere - not an unreasonable assumption.

Chippy_boy said:
Quagmire blue said:
Marvin said:
If we can come from 2-0 down at Anfield, we can go to Palace and win. We might not even need to beat Palace.

60 40 Liverpool. Not the foregone conclusion many were assuming. I wouldn't rule Chelsea out either.
I would rule out Chelsea, they need Liverpool to drop 6 points, us to drop 3 points and for them to win every game.

From their perspective, they need to beat Liverpool (which they will surely believe they can do, just as we believe we can beat anyone).

After that, all they need is for Liverpool to slip up once. I don't think they will consider they are out of it by any means.

They are probably expecting us to slip up somewhere - not an unreasonable assumption.

They are 33/1 with bookies for a reason. Mourinho will know the title is over. He isn't stupid. Liverpool will not lose 2 out of 3 games.

For all we hope, Chelsea will not play a full strength side at Liverpool so we have to hope their reserves are good enough to win.

We possibly have more chance of palace causing an upset as they are on fire at the moment.

Newcastle wont beat Liverpool for one reason. They are wank.

Realistically for Chelsea to win the League they have to beat Liverpool.

A draw and they'd be 5 points behind Liverpool with an inferior goal difference so even if Chelsea were to win their 2 remaining games Liverpool would only need a point to put it beyond them.

Liverpool 35 25 5 5 96 44 52 80
Chelsea 35 23 6 6 67 26 41 75
Man City 34 23 5 6 91 35 56 74

I am not sure if that will alter Chelsea's approach. Both teams are at the best playing one way which is counter-attacking so I foresee a draw.

I'm sure every City fan would be happy with that. Beat Palace later that day, and it wouldn't quite be in our hands, but it would be very close, and if we go into the last game with a 1 point deficit, then Liverpool would have to beat Newcastle to win the title. Not as easy as it sounds. Especially if news filters in from the Etihad that Garcia has scored for Manchester City and as things stand Manchester City will be Champions

We've done it before. In 2011/12 we won our last 6 games to win the title. And they included trips to Newcastle, relegation threatened Wolves and of course home to Man Utd.

The Liverpool sympathisers in the media have been putting it about that they are not sure if City can go on and win our remaining games. Of course we can!<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:33 am --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Quagmire blue said:

They are 33/1 with bookies for a reason. Mourinho will know the title is over. He isn't stupid. Liverpool will not lose 2 out of 3 games.

For all we hope, Chelsea will not play a full strength side at Liverpool so we have to hope their reserves are good enough to win.

We possibly have more chance of palace causing an upset as they are on fire at the moment.

Newcastle wont beat Liverpool for one reason. They are wank.
Hmm. They are better than a 10 man QPR. The last day is about tension. It's made for a team like Newcastle.

QPR were fighting relegation though, Newcastle can bury their heads in the sand without any repercussions apart from upsetting their fans

Chippy_boy said:
Quagmire blue said:
Marvin said:

I just can't see Liverpool losing 2 out of the last 3 games and even if they did then I think we'd take the title as we'd only need 3 wins and a draw.

I'm hoping for newcastle to get that last hurrah, bragging rights, opportuniy to gauge their ability against a title contender.

They have nothing to lose. So might as well win it.

CitizenTID said:
QPR were fighting relegation though, Newcastle can bury their heads in the sand without any repercussions apart from upsetting their fans
The likes of Remy, Ben Arfa etc will relish the stage. Nothing to lose everything to gain.

If I were a Newcastle fan or player, I'd be really looking forward to that day. They don't want to go there and be part of Liverpool's party, they want to go there and make a name for themselves. Made for an upset.

Marvin said:
CitizenTID said:
The likes of Remy, Ben Arfa etc will relish the stage. Nothing to lose everything to gain.

If I were a Newcastle fan or player, I'd be really looking forward to that day. They don't want to go there and be part of Liverpool's party, they want to go there and make a name for themselves. Made for an upset.

If they were to do this feat, They would indeed be etched in the history of this season as the club that proved the downfall of liverpools title challenge.

It has romanticism in it like the 300 spartans and their battle be lyricized in wikipedia, printed media and word of mouth for years to come. How the mighty newcastle inflict the death blow of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.