Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

It's not so bad. With Chavski progressing in the UCL, the dippers-chavs game is now a nailed on draw, being as it is sandwiched between semi final legs. A draw there will be massive™ for us.

Chippy_boy said:
History i know, but i can't stop thinking what an utter fuck up it was losing at Chelsea with that ridiculous goal at the end. And dropping points at the Emirates last week really fucked me off as well, having started so well and getting 1-0 up against the Arsenal reserves.

Now, due to circumstances and the fact that Liverpool are playing better football, Sunday is a much more difficult task than we faced at the Emirates. So yet again we will have to do it the hard way. If we hadn't been such complete bellends at Cardiff for example, or any of the above, we could be strolling to the title now. Still does my head in.

In the emotion straight after the Emirates car crash i said that's it, we've bottled it, league over. That was probably a bit strong, but it's close. We are in the last chance saloon. No more excuses and being pleased or even OK with shit results or it is finished. Liverpool beat us and they will win the league, end of. People clinging to some idea that Liverpool will roll over and give us the title no matter the result Sunday need to wake up. They are on a mission like its their destiny. We take points off them on Sunday or it's finished. That's the mindset we need.

We need to play like our lives depend on it - they will be. And we need to do it for 90 minutes, not 20. We have not seen enough of that this season and that's why we are in this predicament. Too many times not getting going until the 2nd half, or stopping playing halfway through.

You need to move on, as they say. Why fret over things we can't change. We can't change the past but we can certainly
determine our future. I'm sure we will be right up for this game.

All five defeats were fuck ups. They happen to all teams, not just us. We've also had a fair slice of good fortune that's delivered a good few points too so let's not dwell on things we can't change.

From this point forward every tackle, pass and shot will impact on the title. Get it right and it's ours. Get just one wrong and it might cost us.

Simple as that.

Sunday is a Cup Final and the winner will take the title. Nothing can be more certain. I think the expectation of the crowd will work in our favour. It will be a shoot-out but we have the best defence. Despite all the hype about Gerrard he is not the player he was. He is fine against the weaker teams when Liverpool are on top but I think Ya Ya, Silva and Ferdy will run him ragged. They were over-run in midfield in the first match. Forget all the bullshit about the offside decision. Apart from a 15-minute spell City dominated them at the Etihad. We peppered them with shots. Liverpool are an excellent team but I believe that, at the moment, we have the edge.

IrelandSuperman said:
It's not so bad. With Chavski progressing in the UCL, the dippers-chavs game is now a nailed on draw, being as it is sandwiched between semi final legs. A draw there will be massive™ for us.

How he approaches their Liverpool game will depend a lot on the outcome of our game against Liverpool i think. Right now he knows the PL is out of his hands with us only 2 points behind and 2 games in hand, If we win on Sunday, i think he will give up on the PL and concentrate on the CL. He's only 2 games from the final, which even if he didn't win, would be a very credible effort for his first season.

If we lose on Sunday however, that really puts the cat amongst the pigeons. He is then thinking if he can beat Liverpool, he can probably go on and win all their remaining games and finish on 87, knowing he will be at worst 2nd and if we drop any points at all, Chelsea are champions.

But even so, i think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. Chelsea don't the firepower to hurt Liverpool, nor the defence - very good though it is - to keep Sturridge and Suarez out for 90 minutes imho.

pantalon violet said:
wolfie1988 said:
We won't get any favours from others in the run in. It's much better to win it yourself than others win it for you and that starts with taking all 3 points at Anfield on Sunday. Something that we are more than capable of doing if we turn up

if we dont turn up will liverpool get default points and will we be fined ?

im worried now

has this happened before ?
Liverpool automatic 3-0 win
City fined and deducted 3 points
Liverpool p34 77p
City p32 67p
I think we should turn up tbh.

Chippy_boy said:
History i know, but i can't stop thinking what an utter fuck up it was losing at Chelsea with that ridiculous goal at the end. And dropping points at the Emirates last week really fucked me off as well, having started so well and getting 1-0 up against the Arsenal reserves.

Now, due to circumstances and the fact that Liverpool are playing better football, Sunday is a much more difficult task than we faced at the Emirates. So yet again we will have to do it the hard way. If we hadn't been such complete bellends at Cardiff for example, or any of the above, we could be strolling to the title now. Still does my head.

So what you are saying is: if we won the games we lost we'd be in a better position now.

You're twisting my melon man!!

Liverpool have won 9 on the trot now, they won't get to the end of the season having won 14 games on the trot.

We go there on Sunday and play as we can play, with Silva and Yaya on their pomp and Aguero back in the side and we will win.

A point behind them with better goal difference and 2 games in hand,we can even afford a slip up at Everton. Chelsea go there and get a draw inbetween their 2 Champions League semi finals - the title is ours.

We've been here before not so long ago and look how that went

Believe blues.

Martyn said:
Chippy_boy said:

Now, due to circumstances and the fact that Liverpool are playing better football, Sunday is a much more difficult task than we faced at the Emirates. So yet again we will have to do it the hard way. If we hadn't been such complete bellends at Cardiff for example, or any of the above, we could be strolling to the title now. Still does my head.

So what you are saying is: if we won the games we lost we'd be in a better position now.

You're twisting my melon man!!

I know it's history, but that doesn't mean it cannot be frustrating, does it.

IrelandSuperman said:

Why is that match now a nailed on draw? Surely if anything that now makes Liverpool quite big favourites for that match which as things currently stand is not good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.