Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Chippy_boy said:
Martyn said:
Chippy_boy said:
History i know, but i can't stop thinking what an utter fuck up it was losing at Chelsea with that ridiculous goal at the end. And dropping points at the Emirates last week really fucked me off as well, having started so well and getting 1-0 up against the Arsenal reserves.

Now, due to circumstances and the fact that Liverpool are playing better football, Sunday is a much more difficult task than we faced at the Emirates. So yet again we will have to do it the hard way. If we hadn't been such complete bellends at Cardiff for example, or any of the above, we could be strolling to the title now. Still does my head.

So what you are saying is: if we won the games we lost we'd be in a better position now.

You're twisting my melon man!!

I know it's history, but that doesn't mean it cannot be frustrating, does it.

I get what you are saying. If we lose games early in the season most people will say that the points can be made up. I actual fact they aren't made up unless we win a game we would be tipped to lose and that doesn't happen much these days.

Lancet Fluke said:
IrelandSuperman said:
It's not so bad. With Chavski progressing in the UCL, the dippers-chavs game is now a nailed on draw, being as it is sandwiched between semi final legs. A draw there will be massive™ for us.

Why is that match now a nailed on draw? Surely if anything that now makes Liverpool quite big favourites for that match which as things currently stand is not good?
I think Chelsea are more than capable of getting 1/3 points at anfield whilst giving it a go in the champions league. As I said to you last night I don't think Chelsea are out of the title race. Remember we still have to go to Everton which is always tough. Chelsea's fixtures are certainly more favourable than anyone else's. If we do manage to beat Liverpool on Sunday then Chelsea will be legitimately ahead of them. Then surely when they go to anfield we would be hoping Chelsea drop points. It too close to call at the moment but the main thing is that city win the games and do the business.

davymcfc said:
Lancet Fluke said:
IrelandSuperman said:
It's not so bad. With Chavski progressing in the UCL, the dippers-chavs game is now a nailed on draw, being as it is sandwiched between semi final legs. A draw there will be massive™ for us.

Why is that match now a nailed on draw? Surely if anything that now makes Liverpool quite big favourites for that match which as things currently stand is not good?
I think Chelsea are more than capable of getting 1/3 points at anfield whilst giving it a go in the champions league. As I said to you last night I don't think Chelsea are out of the title race. Remember we still have to go to Everton which is always tough. Chelsea's fixtures are certainly more favourable than anyone else's. If we do manage to beat Liverpool on Sunday then Chelsea will be legitimately ahead of them. Then surely when they go to anfield we would be hoping Chelsea drop points. It too close to call at the moment but the main thing is that city win the games and do the business.
Of course Chelsea are capable of going to Anfield and winning, anything can happen in any game and any of the three of us could win the title but you can only go on probabilities. Liverpool are currently in by far the best form of the three of us, they are exceptionally strong at home and Chelsea now have extra (huge) matches to play. For me Liverpool are the biggest danger at this moment and I expect us to be hoping Chelsea get something at Anfield when that game comes around. The fact that Chelsea will have a CL semi either side of that game will not help that happen.

Lancet Fluke said:
davymcfc said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Of course Chelsea are capable of going to Anfield and winning, anything can happen in any game and any of the three of us could win the title but you can only go on probabilities. Liverpool are currently in by far the best form of the three of us, they are exceptionally strong at home and Chelsea now have extra (huge) matches to play. For me Liverpool are the biggest danger at this moment and I expect us to be hoping Chelsea get something at Anfield when that game comes around. The fact that Chelsea will have a CL semi either side of that game will not help that happen.

Exactly. Whilst Liverpool are on fire at the moment, so were we up to the Spurs game. 18 wins & 2 draws in 20 games. 69 goals scored. Then we went 8 games losing 4 and only scoring 8. No-one could have foreseen that, just as no-one has foreseen Liverpools impending implosion :)

Chippy_boy said:
IrelandSuperman said:

How he approaches their Liverpool game will depend a lot on the outcome of our game against Liverpool i think. Right now he knows the PL is out of his hands with us only 2 points behind and 2 games in hand, If we win on Sunday, i think he will give up on the PL and concentrate on the CL. He's only 2 games from the final, which even if he didn't win, would be a very credible effort for his first season.

If we lose on Sunday however, that really puts the cat amongst the pigeons. He is then thinking if he can beat Liverpool, he can probably go on and win all their remaining games and finish on 87, knowing he will be at worst 2nd and if we drop any points at all, Chelsea are champions.

But even so, i think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. Chelsea don't the firepower to hurt Liverpool, nor the defence - very good though it is - to keep Sturridge and Suarez out for 90 minutes imho.

Had enough to beat us twice and our defence shits all over Liverpool.

Chelsea will play exactly how they did last night and against us at the Etihad. That will soak up Liverpool's pressing game and hit them on the counter. Liverpool's defence will struggle to contain the likes of Hazard, Eto'o etc and they will be a threat from set pieces. Liverpool have not really been tested in their last few outings. Any teams they have played have over committed men forward and played into their hands. West Ham and Sunderland played a more contained game and Liverpool found things more difficult. Chelsea will do the same and do it better. We will play slightly more open but when you have the players we do, we can keep the ball despite their pressing and pass right through them.

supercity88 said:
Chelsea will play exactly how they did last night and against us at the Etihad. That will soak up Liverpool's pressing game and hit them on the counter. Liverpool's defence will struggle to contain the likes of Hazard, Eto'o etc and they will be a threat from set pieces. Liverpool have not really been tested in their last few outings. Any teams they have played have over committed men forward and played into their hands. West Ham and Sunderland played a more contained game and Liverpool found things more difficult. Chelsea will do the same and do it better. We will play slightly more open but when you have the players we do, we can keep the ball despite their pressing and pass right through them.
We will have to deal with being pressed better than we did in the first half on Saturday.

It's good fortune in a way for us how things have panned out in that, if we lose to Liverpool, then Chelsea will have added incentive to beat them, knowing the title is very nearly in their (Chelsea's) grasp. If we beat Liverpool, I don't care much what happens in the Liverpool-Chelsea game because we will be in pole position. I'd probably prefer a Liverpool win because Chelsea would at that point be our bigger threat.

citytill1die84 said:
Chippy_boy said:
IrelandSuperman said:

How he approaches their Liverpool game will depend a lot on the outcome of our game against Liverpool i think. Right now he knows the PL is out of his hands with us only 2 points behind and 2 games in hand, If we win on Sunday, i think he will give up on the PL and concentrate on the CL. He's only 2 games from the final, which even if he didn't win, would be a very credible effort for his first season.

If we lose on Sunday however, that really puts the cat amongst the pigeons. He is then thinking if he can beat Liverpool, he can probably go on and win all their remaining games and finish on 87, knowing he will be at worst 2nd and if we drop any points at all, Chelsea are champions.

But even so, i think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. Chelsea don't the firepower to hurt Liverpool, nor the defence - very good though it is - to keep Sturridge and Suarez out for 90 minutes imho.

Sadly, I am not banking on any complete an utter fuck ups on a level with how we lost at Stamford Bridge.

Chippy_boy said:
citytill1die84 said:
Chippy_boy said:

Sadly, I am not banking on any complete an utter fuck ups on a level with how we lost at Stamford Bridge.

Wasn't any complete and utter fuck ups in the home game and we managed to lose. Chelsea score they're more than capable of shutting out Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.