Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

IrelandSuperman said:
chris85mcfc said:
a win here puts us effectively 5 points clear of them
A win next weekend puts us a point behind them.

Effectively.

I'm presuming obviously, if we don't win our games in hand after beating Liverpool then we don't deserve to win the league.

Chippy_boy said:
chris85mcfc said:
I expect Vinny will be right up for it on Sunday and he will know what is at steak (sic), the players do the maths as well as all of us, they know that if we win on Sunday were incredibly close to lifting the trophy.

I had hoped they felt like that against Arsenal tbh. Still, let's look forward to Sunday. It can't come quick enough can it.

I agree mate but going into the games against United and Arsenal I would have took 4 points and I think thats what everyone was looking for.

Obviously we had a couple of chances in the first half to finish them off but tiredness took its toll in the second half and Arsenal forced us back, I don't think anyone can say we weren't up for it.

I'm actually getting more excited as the week goes on, thinking about the position we 'could' be in if we win on Sunday, just hoping the players are thinking the same!

IrelandSuperman said:
wireblue said:
But we do have two games in hand?
And they're just that, games in hand, not points in the bag.

to be fair, I never said they were. I was stating a fact that, game for game, we're two points better off than liverpool.
If we don't win them then we don't deserve to win the league. But the fact remains we are in the driving seat because of it.

If we don't win our games in hand I don't think we need to worry about the question of whether or not we'll win the league.

chris85mcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:
chris85mcfc said:
I expect Vinny will be right up for it on Sunday and he will know what is at steak (sic), the players do the maths as well as all of us, they know that if we win on Sunday were incredibly close to lifting the trophy.

I had hoped they felt like that against Arsenal tbh. Still, let's look forward to Sunday. It can't come quick enough can it.

I agree mate but going into the games against United and Arsenal I would have took 4 points and I think thats what everyone was looking for.

I'd have taken the 4 I guess. I thought 3 from the swamp was a formality (as did the swamp dwellers) but I knew Arsenal away was always such a tough gig. It was just the disappointment of having got ourselves into a winning position and playing SO well. I thought we looked every bit as good as we did at the swamp, if not better actually... and then the wheels fell off.

Still, yes I am very excited about Sunday. I think we are actually playing much better football than the dippers right now (contrary to what the propaganda machine would have you believe), so there's no reason we can't give them a right good spanking on Sunday.

Chippy_boy said:
chris85mcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:

I'd have taken the 4 I guess. I thought 3 from the swamp was a formality (as did the swamp dwellers) but I knew Arsenal away was always such a tough gig. It was just the disappointment of having got ourselves into a winning position and playing SO well. I thought we looked every bit as good as we did at the swamp, if not better actually... and then the wheels fell off.

Still, yes I am very excited about Sunday. I think we are actually playing much better football than the dippers right now (contrary to what the propaganda machine would have you believe), so there's no reason we can't give them a right good spanking on Sunday.

Exactly. And the difference in this game is that taking the lead will be a huge boost, more so than in the United and Arsenal game because once we take the lead that is where Liverpool really have to show what their made of and thats when all the pressure kicks in. Were at our best when teams try and play against us, and they HAVE to win this game so realistically this should play into our hands as usually we play teams that park the bus.

If we take the lead in this game they will have to come out at us and I expect us to take advantage of that given their shaky defence.

Avoid defeat on sunday and the title is almost ours

lose and its basically liverpools

simple as that really

greasedupdeafguy said:

simple as that really

Not that simple, even then a chelsea win or draw at Liverpool would put it back in our hands, and a Chelsea win would probably see Liverpool finish 3rd

blueparrot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

simple as that really

Not that simple, even then a chelsea win or draw at Liverpool would put it back in our hands, and a Chelsea win would probably see Liverpool finish 3rd
I can simply not see liverpool dropping points if they beat us on sunday they would have to much momentum like us in the 2011-2012 season. Plus we would still have to go to everton and we all know how that usually ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.