Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
gungho-tactics said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
What about palace away? It ain't game over until we drop more points. I'm convinced they'll drop points

We will probably drop points.

Our 6 fixtures aren't easy.

5 of them are.

4 of them are. The 4 at home.

The two away games aren't.

I believe that we will drop 2 points and Liverpool will drop atleast 3. We will win the league on goal difference.

Liverpool have stuffed Norwich the last few seasons, but will be without Sturridge (assuming hes pulled his hammy) and Henderson. The fact that they are now classed as favourites and the title is in sight could potentially create a few nerves and hopefully make them wobble - however, that team talk at the end from Gerrard in my opinion was class and he could be crucial in carrying them over the line.

City have just got to concentrate on winning all of their remaining fixtures and if they do this and lose the title then Liverpool will fully deserve it.

Two weekends stand out for me that will be crucial:

1. Liverpool V Chelsea will have finished by the time City take to the pitch at Selhurst.
2. Everton V City - If City win there next 3 fixtures and win at Goodison that will heap the pressure on Liverpool who play palace on the monday night. Even if they were to beat Norwich and Chelsea they could potentially only be a point ahead going into that game

So, its in Liverpools hands - but there is a long way to go.

Hopefully City make a fight out of it and take it to the wire.

Well it would hurt more if Pool wins it with dropping points than if they would win it simply by winning 4 games from now on.

If they drop points we still have the chance to win it with 6 wins, but it just happened so many times we knew what to expect exactly at away games like Pool, Everton, Sunderland yet we went there and never won. Same will happen probably vs Everton and Palace is very tricky too.

We did win 6 games in a row in 2012 when we really needed, but in most of those games we could count on extremely strong defensive performances. We conceded 3 goals in 6 games, two vs QPR, and scored 3 goals/game per average so we werent playing defensive football, hoping for 1-0-s even if those would have been more than perfect for Mancini, but simply had a defence that could count on getting clean sheets easily.
This season we hardly have that defence, we cant go to Everton hoping to get a clean sheet like we could play vs United or Newcastle away game building on it meaning scoring one could be enough for 3 points.
I mean at look at Kompany that season and this season and not even the same player.

I see it a strong possibility that Pool wont win all their games. But I suspect we wont win it all just like them and it would make it hurt more. No easy games this part of the season. I mean WBA will play for their life at the Etihad. Maybe Villa too if they will have something to play for at that time we meet them.
Sunderland seems they given up on PL already, but who knows, they always go extra hard vs us. WHU seems safe now. And these are the "easy" games. Away at Palace and Everton the atmosphere will be serious, just like the games. Pulis did work nearly wonders with that shit Palace squad saving them from relegation, while Martinez is simply a great coach giving Everton lot more hope than Moyes, more motivation, more tactical sense, more belief, also some great transfers on loan. Not many teams came away with 3 points from Goodison, certainly Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea did not.
Like us in the last few years...
Everton only lost once at home this season. They could make their best home record for years now.

jake28 said:
More like will we win the Prem under Pellegrini?...nope.
That's the spirit,so you've wrote next seasons chances off as well then?

Liverpool fans worried that Sturridge maybe out for a couple of weeks at least.

Was supposed to have had a scan on Monday, but it's gone quiet. Maybe tabloid headlines will have some news in this regard

Beermonster said:
Liverpool have stuffed Norwich the last few seasons, but will be without Sturridge (assuming hes pulled his hammy) and Henderson. The fact that they are now classed as favourites and the title is in sight could potentially create a few nerves and hopefully make them wobble - however, that team talk at the end from Gerrard in my opinion was class and he could be crucial in carrying them over the line.

City have just got to concentrate on winning all of their remaining fixtures and if they do this and lose the title then Liverpool will fully deserve it.

1. Liverpool V Chelsea will have finished by the time City take to the pitch at Selhurst.
2. Everton V City - If City win there next 3 fixtures and win at Goodison that will heap the pressure on Liverpool who play palace on the monday night. Even if they were to beat Norwich and Chelsea they could potentially only be a point ahead going into that game

We usually beat Norwich handy enough. We drew this year away and lost at home last year

I think the only way we win is if we win out... & that'll be extremely difficult.

dw7 said:
Beermonster said:

We usually beat Norwich handy enough. We drew this year away and lost at home last year

Yes...the one last year at home was last game of the season with nothing to play for really.

I hope Norwich do get a result but Suarez always seems to score a bagful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.