Will you attend City games if we join a European Super League?

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 706 75.2%
  • Depends on what the plans are

Votes: 149 15.9%

• Total voters
We are the last franchise to sign up for something of no genuine interest for 95% of its paying customers, in the year we said goodbye to Colin Bell and au revoir to Sergio thats the end of it.

I’d imagine our owners are stuck between a rock and a hard place here.
If 5 or so of the biggest Premier League clubs do breakaway, that would leave a very average Premier League tbh.
It’s not what they invested in.
They are after all businessmen .
I think there is too much money at stake with the Billions involved,
(No doubt Bezos will have his fingers in this,) to be left behind.
I don’t agree with it, but I do agree with what you’ve said.
If it were to happen I can’t imagine to many players wanting to come to what remains of the premier league or the ones already here hanging around if there were more money to be had elsewhere.
Rock and a hard place as you said.
Like it or not all football clubs are a business, more so the higher up the leagues you go.

I don’t agree with it, but I do agree with what you’ve said.
If it were to happen I can’t imagine to many players wanting to come to what remains of the premier league or the ones already here hanging around if there were more money to be had elsewhere.
Rock and a hard place as you said.
Like it or not all football clubs are a business, more so the higher up the leagues you go.

with fans, associations & governments completely against the idea they aren’t going to have much of a business.

a closed shop super league with most fans not attending. Brilliant idea

150 years of history down the pan for money. It goes against everything football is about

I'd be all over the Carabao Cup games
If the earlier threats are to be believed we won't need an academy set up as we've only the other twats to play against. We'll be excluded from the English Football set up and none of our players will be eligible for UEFA or FIFA competitions. It'll be like Kerry Packers Circus and any player with any ambition, other than a bucket of cash, will tell us to f*** off. Glad the ownership of Germany doesn't allow them to join.

Watch on telly maybe. Attend, no.

My love of football, and city, comes from the English game, the history of the competitions, players and clubs, and friendship's, I had growing up.

Not saying I hate all European competition, I certainly want us to probe ourselves against the best in the world, but away games costing hundreds being the norm, home games becoming a pantomime of exhibition... Pass.

I know there is less money in it but I want to see champions against champions, cup winners against cup winners. Make it an elite competition, no second places or fifth placed qualifiers or fair play ambassadors.

They've diluted the prestige and value of their own competitions already enough.

That said,I'll be honest and say I haven't seen the full plans in this case. But I know I would lose interest fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.