Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
anyone keeping a close eye on our budget? ;) I make that 12mil for Fernando, possible 6.5mil for Willy and 1.5mil for Bruno.....plus 2mil we get back from Barry deal with Everton........18mil total spend so far.....so roughly 32mil left in the pot (without selling anyone...) Just enough to sign Mangala or Benatia.....get it done City! ;)

I am not sure if we should be looking at pound or euros. Probably euros if we are dealing with clubs outside Britain

Also, I think (probably wrong) that we can only register 60 million euros net of new players for UEFA competition. If so, we might not have to count Zuculini. If thats not the case, then you are missing out the Nigerian kids and the dutch kid who we paid compensation for.

bluechampion7891 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
anyone keeping a close eye on our budget? ;) I make that 12mil for Fernando, possible 6.5mil for Willy and 1.5mil for Bruno.....plus 2mil we get back from Barry deal with Everton........18mil total spend so far.....so roughly 32mil left in the pot (without selling anyone...) Just enough to sign Mangala or Benatia.....get it done City! ;)

I am not sure if we should be looking at pound or euros. Probably euros if we are dealing with clubs outside Britain

Also, I think (probably wrong) that we can only register 60 million euros net of new players for UEFA competition. If so, we might not have to count Zuculini. If thats not the case, then you are missing out the Nigerian kids and the dutch kid who we paid compensation for.

thanks mate...I didn't think about the young kids..do we still have to count the cost of the kids that wont be playing in the senior team?

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

thanks mate...I didn't think about the young kids..do we still have to count the cost of the kids that wont be playing in the senior team?

I honestly don't know, what I posted was actually more of a question itself. Someone well versed on the FFP settlement should be better able to answer you (and me).

sam-caddick said:
Chipmeister said:
I don't see this happening, not for football reasons, and certainly not in the present climate of FFP restraints we are working within.

A keeper past 30 with no premier league experience for 6 mill no thanks hope we are not just looking after a good pro with friends in high places

Maybe Pellegrini isn't convinced by Joe and therefore wants a keeper who he has worked with and trusts to replace him.

Caballero is one of the best in Spain.

Joe's one of the best in England. I don't really get your point. Willy can't even make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with goalkeeping talent (please don't give me the 'Messi doesn't want him in the squad' line that nobody can substantiate).

Caballero may or may not be better than Joe but there's not exactly a stampede of top clubs breaking the door down to sign him, is there ?

Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:
Chipmeister said:
I don't see this happening, not for football reasons, and certainly not in the present climate of FFP restraints we are working within.

A keeper past 30 with no premier league experience for 6 mill no thanks hope we are not just looking after a good pro with friends in high places

Maybe Pellegrini isn't convinced by Joe and therefore wants a keeper who he has worked with and trusts to replace him.

Joe's one of the best in England. I don't really get your point. Willy can't even make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with goalkeeping talent (please don't give me the 'Messi doesn't want him in the squad' line that nobody can substantiate).

Caballero may or may not be better than Joe but there's not exactly a stampede of top clubs breaking the door down to sign him, is there ?
oh dear.. Caballero will snatch the #1 spot from Joe in no time. just watch. Next season by december Hart is our cup keeper if he continues this shaky form.

MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:

oh dear.. Caballero will snatch the #1 spot from Joe in no time. just watch. Next season by december Hart is our cup keeper if he continues this shaky form.

You can say 'oh dear' all you want. My post contains several hard facts. Yours is a subjective opinion.

England's number one or a near 33 year old who can't make his national squad and who other clubs are showing no interest in.

Oh dear ? Really ? Priceless

Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:

You can say 'oh dear' all you want. My post contains several hard facts. Yours is a subjective opinion.

England's number one or a near 33 year old who can't make his national squad and who other clubs are showing no interest in.

Oh dear ? Really ? Priceless
like i said, just watch

MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:

Que? Shaky form?

Irrespective of whether he displaces Hart, I think why Pellegrini is going for him is because he knows the player.

In fact, if this signing happens it will be very much like Demicheles. He was a player Pellegrini knew and was initially brought in as backup who came to be first choice. Not saying Willy will be/come to be first choice, but you can see Pellegrini's reasoning. He knows the player, the player knows his style.

Gaylord du Bois said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:

Que? Shaky form?
Yes shaky, he looks like he has a mistake in him everytime. his confidence is not top level like it was back in 2011/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.