Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:
Maybe Pellegrini isn't convinced by Joe and therefore wants a keeper who he has worked with and trusts to replace him.

Caballero is one of the best in Spain.

Joe's one of the best in England. I don't really get your point. Willy can't even make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with goalkeeping talent (please don't give me the 'Messi doesn't want him in the squad' line that nobody can substantiate).

Caballero may or may not be better than Joe but there's not exactly a stampede of top clubs breaking the door down to sign him, is there ?
oh dear.. Caballero will snatch the #1 spot from Joe in no time. just watch. Next season by december Hart is our cup keeper if he continues this shaky form.
He's not in "shaky form" so it would be difficult to continue it.

Caballero will be to us what Casillas was to Madrid last season

Gaylord du Bois said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:
Joe's one of the best in England. I don't really get your point. Willy can't even make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with goalkeeping talent (please don't give me the 'Messi doesn't want him in the squad' line that nobody can substantiate).

Caballero may or may not be better than Joe but there's not exactly a stampede of top clubs breaking the door down to sign him, is there ?
oh dear.. Caballero will snatch the #1 spot from Joe in no time. just watch. Next season by december Hart is our cup keeper if he continues this shaky form.
Que? Shaky form?

I know, I know ;.)

pudge & rodge said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:

He's not in "shaky form" so it would be difficult to continue it.

Caballero will be to us what Casillas was to Madrid last season

Pretty much where I am Pudge.

Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:

You can say 'oh dear' all you want. My post contains several hard facts. Yours is a subjective opinion.

England's number one or a near 33 year old who can't make his national squad and who other clubs are showing no interest in.

Oh dear ? Really ? Priceless
I wouldn't know enough of Caballero to judge him, but not being in the Argie squad isn't necessarily a guide to his status. Hart is England's keeper because he's the only one of international standing. It may well be that Argentina are rich in this department and that there is no need for Caballero. I'm sure if all our City squad happened to be English, then a good number of those selected for the England squad would have never been anywhere near the plane to Brazil for the same reason.

MeatHunterrr said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Que? Shaky form?
Yes shaky, he looks like he has a mistake in him everytime. his confidence is not top level like it was back in 2011/12.
Remember the save at Everton? Won us the League.

MeatHunterrr said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Que? Shaky form?
Yes shaky, he looks like he has a mistake in him everytime. his confidence is not top level like it was back in 2011/12.
Is that the best you've got ?

I'm no cynic said:
Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:

You can say 'oh dear' all you want. My post contains several hard facts. Yours is a subjective opinion.

England's number one or a near 33 year old who can't make his national squad and who other clubs are showing no interest in.

I wouldn't know enough of Caballero to judge him, but not being in the Argie squad isn't necessarily a guide to his status. Hart is England's keeper because he's the only one of international standing. It may well be that Argentina are rich in this department and that there is no need for Caballero. I'm sure if all our City squad happened to be English, then a good number of those selected for the England squad would have never been anywhere near the plane to Brazil for the same reason.

Honestly, Argentina aren't rich in the GK department. Can you name their 3 keepers without googling ?

Davs 19 said:
I'm no cynic said:
Davs 19 said:

Honestly, Argentina aren't rich in the GK department. Can you name their 3 keepers without googling ?
No, but I'd never heard of Zabba either before we signed him! I'm just speculating on why Cab never made the squad, but I don't rule out the reason I could be wrong. I do trust Manny though...

I'm no cynic said:
Davs 19 said:
I'm no cynic said:

No, but I'd never heard of Zabba either before we signed him! I'm just speculating on why Cab never made the squad, but I don't rule out the reason I could be wrong. I do trust Manny though...

So do I. If Willy comes Nothing would make me happier than if he turned out to be the best No 1 we've ever had. I just think, like many others, he may be good enough to provide strong cover and keep Hart on his toes but primarily be a cup keeper.

So if we go with a league keeper and a cup keeper, which will be happier?
The one who gets to play most (league) or the one who gets to potentially play at Wembley and play in the champions league?

Would either keeper accept either of these roles or will they both demand undisputed #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.