With guardialo joining Munich,Now Mancini should be backed

Danielmanc said:
dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is getting pretty funny. If you think the non-availability of guardiola changes the expectations of Mancini this season you're deluded. He failed in Europe yet again. He has to succeed in the league again. Nothing's changed in the slightest.

Except for one crucial thing: Mourinho is now the red hot favourite to take over from him should he be sacked.

*adopts evil grin* He might even have already agreed to take over, hence pep's decision...

Regardless, today's news suits me right down to the ground. We win the title or Jose takes over. A perfect win-win ;-)

You are right, Dave; the expectations have not changed at all. Just because Guardiola is now off the market, it doesn't make finishing 7 points off United any less of a failure, just as it wouldn't make finishing 7 points ahead of united any less of an achievement.

What has changed, and this is on a personal level, but my perception of how safe Mancini's job is.
In real terms, this hasn't changed a jot to city; they ultimately know how 'safe' Mancini's job is, and if indeed there were ever talks with Pep, they will have known for a while he was going to Bayern.
On the other hand, there may not have been any longing for Pep, and therefore, nothing has changed to the club.

I do think, though, with fewer top managers on the market, Mancini's position becomes a little more cemented, if not least by process of elimination- fewer guys who the club would want to take over.

I asked Billy the other day- does someone know that the club are considering a change. Or, have these numerous threads been based upon conjecture on the following factors: poor first half of the season, shocker in Europe and some of the very top managers in Europe on the market.

Ultimately, I don't think we know (if you do, fair enough) what is going on, and what the board are thinking. They may have no intention of changing managers, equally, like you say, Mourinho could be high on their list, and could have agreed a contract- who knows.

Mancini's aims, and the clubs expectations of him have not changed in the slightest because Pep has gone. Just because he is no longer a free agent, doesn't mean Mancini can let his guard down, and relax a little. But, MY perception, and it is only my perception, of how safe Mancini's job is has changed a little.

This might only be down to the initial shock that Pep has taken the Bayern job, though.

But is it more of a 'failure' that being in second place 18 points off first ? That's where the manager that some are craving finds himself !

Hmm, I suppose you are only setting yourself up for someone to come and list the countless domestic, and european trophies Mourinho was won, whislt earning himself plaudits as the best manager in the world.

You can't seriously base the argument against Mourinho based upon being 18 points behind.

Also, my post wasn't an anti Mancini post....

Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is getting pretty funny. If you think the non-availability of guardiola changes the expectations of Mancini this season you're deluded. He failed in Europe yet again. He has to succeed in the league again. Nothing's changed in the slightest.

Except for one crucial thing: Mourinho is now the red hot favourite to take over from him should he be sacked.

*adopts evil grin* He might even have already agreed to take over, hence pep's decision...

Regardless, today's news suits me right down to the ground. We win the title or Jose takes over. A perfect win-win ;-)

You are right, Dave; the expectations have not changed at all. Just because Guardiola is now off the market, it doesn't make finishing 7 points off United any less of a failure, just as it wouldn't make finishing 7 points ahead of united any less of an achievement.

What has changed, and this is on a personal level, but my perception of how safe Mancini's job is.
In real terms, this hasn't changed a jot to city; they ultimately know how 'safe' Mancini's job is, and if indeed there were ever talks with Pep, they will have known for a while he was going to Bayern.
On the other hand, there may not have been any longing for Pep, and therefore, nothing has changed to the club.

I do think, though, with fewer top managers on the market, Mancini's position becomes a little more cemented, if not least by process of elimination- fewer guys who the club would want to take over.

I asked Billy the other day- does someone know that the club are considering a change. Or, have these numerous threads been based upon conjecture on the following factors: poor first half of the season, shocker in Europe and some of the very top managers in Europe on the market.

Ultimately, I don't think we know (if you do, fair enough) what is going on, and what the board are thinking. They may have no intention of changing managers, equally, like you say, Mourinho could be high on their list, and could have agreed a contract- who knows.

Mancini's aims, and the clubs expectations of him have not changed in the slightest because Pep has gone. Just because he is no longer a free agent, doesn't mean Mancini can let his guard down, and relax a little. But, MY perception, and it is only my perception, of how safe Mancini's job is has changed a little.

This might only be down to the initial shock that Pep has taken the Bayern job, though.

Interesting post, dan. What you are dead right on is that noone really knows the thinking at the top level of the club, which is a good thing as the club is keeping it's counsel. There are "ITK"s on this board who hear snippets from behind the scenes; some turn out to be gossip and some turn out to have foundation. I haven't heard a single one of these people suggest that they know a change will be made in summer. All the talk on the forum is based around various pieces of evidence: the Euro Campaign, the 5 year contract, the league form, the Monaco story, the press gossip. Another of those pieces of evidence was the natural link between Txiki/Soriano and Pep. That one's gone now, but it doesn't really change anything. We need to win the league. If we don't, I believe Mancini will be at risk of losing his job. Some believe otherwise.

Neither side of this discussion know the truth. And so we go round and round and probably will until summer. When hopefully we'll be champions again ;-)
Nail on head

dancity19 said:
Danielmanc said:
dancity19 said:

But is it more of a 'failure' that being in second place 18 points off first ? That's where the manager that some are craving finds himself !

Hmm, I suppose you are only setting yourself up for someone to come and list the countless domestic, and european trophies Mourinho was won, whislt earning himself plaudits as the best manager in the world.

You can't seriously base the argument against Mourinho based upon being 18 points behind.

Didn't see your post as being anti Mancini Dan

But, you are basing part of your post on the fact that Mancini is 7 points behind United...."You can't seriously base the argument against Mancini based upon being 7 points behind".

Danielmanc said:
dancity19 said:
Danielmanc said:

But, you are basing part of your post on the fact that Mancini is 7 points behind United...."You can't seriously base the argument against Mancini based upon being 7 points behind".

What- of course I'm not.

Read what I wrote and have a little think about it. I am basing a failure for THIS SEASON as being 7 poonts behind united IF it happened. I don't understand what you mean to be honest.

I am just saying THIS season would be a faiulre. Not Mancini's reign or his entire history as a manager.

It appeared you were saying people are after Mourinho, BUT......he is 18 points behind. You can base this season on that. But not his entire talents as a manager. That is the difference.

We must have misunderstood each other somewhere down the line...

I'd be more inclined to consider Mancini has seen off the speculation if the transfer tap hadn't been turned off.

I just don't get that. I didn't get the change in stance going from RVP, Hazard and De Rossi, to Rodwell, Sinclair and Garcia in the space of a few weeks.

And I certainly don't get it with Mancini still wanting to make additions of significant note.

I've always wanted Mourinho, I have felt this crazy club is glove in hand when it comes to joining up.

But it's only right to assume Mancini is like any other manager out there, always under review.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'd be more inclined to consider Mancini has seen off the speculation if the transfer tap hadn't been turned off.

I just don't get that. I didn't get the change in stance going from RVP, Hazard and De Rossi, to Rodwell, Sinclair and Garcia in the space of a few weeks.

And I certainly don't get it with Mancini still wanting to make additions of significant note.

I've always wanted Mourinho, I have felt this crazy club is glove in hand when it comes to joining up.

But it's only right to assume Mancini is like any other manager out there, always under review.

I do wonder why we still aren't spending any money ... unless we're going to go nuts in the last week of the window. We could certainly do with one or two bodies to freshen the squad up and give certain players a little competition.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I do wonder why we still aren't spending any money ... unless we're going to go nuts in the last week of the window. We could certainly do with one or two bodies to freshen the squad up and give certain players a little competition.

I'd say that it's partly a desire to be seen to be taking FFP seriously, and also the entirely reasonable premise that we have spent enough and the manager should stand or fall on the squad he's built.

I honestly don't see it as healthy for the club to just keep chucking money at it.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Selling before we buy, we still have Balo to sell along with Kolarov and maybe one of Tevez or Dzeko.

I think we aimed for RVP and Hazard, RVP was dependant on outgoings and Hazard was very expensive at 38m (32+6) and 170k pw for an untried player outside of France. De Rossi was a prick tease hence the late dash for Garcia.

We cut wages as Johnsons wages alone cover Sinclair and Rodwell and Garcia is on less than De Jong.

A lot of players are out of contract in the summer, add to that a few outgoing players and the summer will spice up, hopefully anyway.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'd say that it's partly a desire to be seen to be taking FFP seriously, and also the entirely reasonable premise that we have spent enough and the manager should stand or fall on the squad he's built.

I honestly don't see it as healthy for the club to just keep chucking money at it.

Indeed, FFP has to be seen as a target and we must try to comply, reducing wage bill is a good thing anyway.

IMO we are 3 players short of being level with Real, Barca, Bayern etc. Hopefully the exodus of fringe players and out of contracts allows us to go for such players, we have the new tv cash also.

Would love to see Fellaini, Falcao/Cavani and Isco come in.

NipHolmes said:
Selling before we buy, we still have Balo to sell along with Kolarov and maybe one of Tevez or Dzeko.

I think we aimed for RVP and Hazard, RVP was dependant on outgoings and Hazard was very expensive at 38m (32+6) and 170k pw for an untried player outside of France. De Rossi was a prick tease hence the late dash for Garcia.

We cut wages as Johnsons wages alone cover Sinclair and Rodwell and Garcia is on less than De Jong.

A lot of players are out of contract in the summer, add to that a few outgoing players and the summer will spice up, hopefully anyway.

Yeah ... i can see that being the case. We certainly have enough in the squad to win the league again of that there's no question. I just think Sincair's move hasn't worked out so that's one less option. The good thing is that Milner's form means it's not that big a deal.

dancity19 said:
Danielmanc said:
dancity19 said:

What- of course I'm not.

Read what I wrote and have a little think about it. I am basing a failure for THIS SEASON as being 7 poonts behind united IF it happened. I don't understand what you mean to be honest.

I am just saying THIS season would be a faiulre. Not Mancini's reign or his entire history as a manager.

It appeared you were saying people are after Mourinho, BUT......he is 18 points behind. You can base this season on that. But not his entire talents as a manager. That is the difference.

We must have misunderstood each other somewhere down the line...

Fair enough Dan, cheers. I understand what you mean now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.