with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
good group for us, could have been so much worse!

we have to look at it as:

3 points vs pizen home,
3 points vs pizen away
1point at home to bayen
0 points away to bayen
3points at home to cska
1 point away to cska.

that should safely see us through, although we are capable at bettering those scores!

THFC6061 said:
I would expect City to sail through this group just behind Bayern.

If you can't reach the knock-out stage ahead of Viktoria Plzeň & CSKA, some very serious questions will have to be asked.
Thanks Dwight!

lancs blue said:
blue_moon_rising said:
andyhinch said:
How long does it take to get a visa mate, might have a trip over.

Full service £115 - 7 working day turnaround

https://www.visitrussia.org.uk/visa/

To apply for a Russian Tourist Visa we need the following documents:
1. Original Passport (6 Months Upon Exit, 2 Clear Pages In The Passport)
2. 1 passport-type photograph glued on the application form. Important: not older than 6 months ago (check with the photo in the passport if it is older than 6 month)
3. Application form (completed online at Ministry of Foreign Affairs web-site, the link is available online at step 5 of this order process).
4. Russian National Tourist Office Booking form (available online at step 5 of this order process).
5. Applicable fee.
6. Applicants who are self-employed, company directors who are working from home and unemployed people need to provide bank statements for the last three months which have a current balance of a minimum of £100 per day for the duration of the visit. Please note that if you wish to provide online banking printouts, you must make sure they clearly show your name, transactions and the current balance.

They can fuck off, rampant bureaucracy! Munich and Plzen for me then.

Totally THIS

Re: Why were Bayern

Vienna_70 said:
robbieh said:
Leverkusen automatically put in United's group.? As far as I can remember there was a couple of groups left apart from ours. Obviously they couldn't be in Munich's group but they could have been in the Porto group which I think came after ours.

As an added question is it ever possible given the complexity of the draw for it to all go wrong when they get to Pool 4. i.e. they have to put two sides from the same country in the same group?

The teams from the same country have to be balanced out between the two halves of the groups.

That's why, once Chelsea and Arsenal had been drawn in Groups E and F, we had to be in B, C or D.

There are four German teams in the CL, and as Schalke and Dortmund were already in the lower half of the draw, Leverkusen had to be in one of A, B, C or D.

And as Bayern were already in Group D, that reduced the options even further

Thank you for explaining that so well. Does this mean we are in the same half as United and therefore cannot beat them in the final,?

Re: Why were Bayern

robbieh said:
Vienna_70 said:
robbieh said:
Leverkusen automatically put in United's group.? As far as I can remember there was a couple of groups left apart from ours. Obviously they couldn't be in Munich's group but they could have been in the Porto group which I think came after ours.

As an added question is it ever possible given the complexity of the draw for it to all go wrong when they get to Pool 4. i.e. they have to put two sides from the same country in the same group?

The teams from the same country have to be balanced out between the two halves of the groups.

That's why, once Chelsea and Arsenal had been drawn in Groups E and F, we had to be in B, C or D.

There are four German teams in the CL, and as Schalke and Dortmund were already in the lower half of the draw, Leverkusen had to be in one of A, B, C or D.

And as Bayern were already in Group D, that reduced the options even further

Thank you for explaining that so well. Does this mean we are in the same half as United and therefore cannot beat them in the final,?

Not at all. If both teams get through, they will do a draw for the round of 16. Country protection is still in order so we can't be drawn against another English team. But after that, we could draw in such a way as to get them in the final.

this is a pretty darn good draw for us. hard to ask for much better coming out of pot 3.

time for City to make some noise in Europe. good noise this time!

hope we lay a pasting on Munich as well. so glad we have a chance at them again.

no excuses ,also time we as fans got up for this comp ,don't think we have embraced it so far ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.