with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
With tonight's results we are confirmed to be in Pot 3 for Thursday's draw. That means we avoid Dortmund and Ajax (who are also in Pot 3) but leaves the seeding pots looking like:

POT 1: Bayern Munich, Barccelona, Real Madrid, Porto, Benfica (we can't draw the 3 English teams)

POT 2: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donesk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moskow, PSG, Juventus

POT 4: Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic/Karagandy, Sociedad, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Dinamo Zagreb

So, as the draw is fixed for us to get a stinker I suggest the following:
Alternative 1: Barca, PSG, City and Napoli
Alternative 2: Barca, Shalke 04, City & Napoli

If we draw AC Mlan or Juventus from Pot 2, at least we avoid Napoli as the Pot 4 team which would be a slightly kinder draw (so we won't get it)

BlueAnorak said:
With tonight's results we are confirmed to be in Pot 3 for Thursday's draw. That means we avoid Dortmund and Ajax (who are also in Pot 3) but leaves the seeding pots looking like:

POT 1: Bayern Munich, Barccelona, Real Madrid, Porto, Benfica (we can't draw the 3 English teams)

POT 2: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donesk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moskow, PSG, Juventus

POT 4: Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic/Karagandy, Sociedad, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Dinamo Zagreb

So, as the draw is fixed for us to get a stinker I suggest the following:
Alternative 1: Barca, PSG, City and Napoli
Alternative 2: Barca, Shalke 04, City & Napoli

If we draw AC Mlan or Juventus from Pot 2, at least we avoid Napoli as the Pot 4 team which would be a slightly kinder draw (so we won't get it)

It's Austria Vienna in Pot 4 not Zagreb.

My preference would be Porto, Marseille and Austria Vienna.

I'm fairly certain whatever draw we get people will say it's fixed.

Benfica or Porto out of Pot 1 would be a real bonus, as would avoiding PSG or Juventus in Pot 2 (and Napoli in Pot 4).

Regardless, I can't wait as we'll be getting three great away days (at least) out of it. Looking forward to Thursday.

Jumanji said:
conormcfc said:
I love how people genuinely believe it's fixed!
Most are being facetious.

Personally what really annoys me is the rules that determine the seedings. Despite the fact that in the EPL for the past 3 years we have been clearly ahead of the two London clubs and have been more than a match for utd we keep being put in pot 3. I know it goes of CL performance but that is con - the other 3 English clubs are being measured by their performance against Anderlecht, Basle etc whilst we are measured against results against Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. The fact they are in pot 1 means that play easier teams and so maintain their coefficient, its true that our CL performance could have been better and should have been but that does not detract from the unfairness of the closed shop system that the so called G14 European clubs have conjured up. We just have to up our game up European to gate-crash this CL party.

Rant over!

Its not a con though is it - just we've not been good enough in the competition have we?
The annoying thing is had we managed an extra 2 points for our co-efficient (which we could have done playing in the Europa League easily) we would be in pot 2. We can't have it both ways though it's either play on Thursdays and try and win the thing and watch the League form go out the window or as most people wanted last year, fuck the Europa League off and concentrate on the EP League. In effect we did the latter (on purpose or not getting dicked by Ajax twice saw to that) so now were in Pot 3 and have to lump it! Teams in 3 or 4 end up with toughies in the draw and it'll always look like a group of death because we're in it from Pot 3. Theres only Napoli in 4 worth worrying about and am not sure if thats the case now as we're stronger and since we last played them they've no Cavanni or Levazzi who both ripped us a new one. We need to grow a pair, man the fuck up and do these fuckers at our place and graft for a result at their place.

How about Bayern - Atletico - MCFC - Napoli, lets have it!

Even our red friends could end up with something nasty with Juve and Dortmund or Milan and Shalke

Jumanji said:
conormcfc said:
I love how people genuinely believe it's fixed!
Most are being facetious.
It is a bit fixed, I mean we had no hope of drawing FC Clunge or whatever, because they arbitrarily split the pots into two so City and United, Chelsea and Arsenal etc. wouldn't play on the same night, and there was no pretense of randomness.

Am I wrong?

Edit: Yes I'm wrong, but I'm watching them closely this time.

Really looking forward to the CL this year, dreading the draw though.

Just a few thoughts:

- I don't see us potentially topping a group if we don't get Porto or Benfica from pot 1.

- Atletico Madrid are in my opinion going to be this season's Dortmund, Simeone will have them right up this competition.

- Juventus will be very hard to beat, they seem very good defensively and you just know Tevez will have a say in a potential game.

- Pot 2 looks very tough for pot 1 teams not just for pot 3 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.