with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Its not a con though is it - just we've not been good enough in the competition have we?
The annoying thing is had we managed an extra 2 points for our co-efficient (which we could have done playing in the Europa League easily) we would be in pot 2. We can't have it both ways though it's either play on Thursdays and try and win the thing and watch the League form go out the window or as most people wanted last year, fuck the Europa League off and concentrate on the EP League. In effect we did the latter (on purpose or not getting dicked by Ajax twice saw to that) so now were in Pot 3 and have to lump it! Teams in 3 or 4 end up with toughies in the draw and it'll always look like a group of death because we're in it from Pot 3. Theres only Napoli in 4 worth worrying about and am not sure if thats the case now as we're stronger and since we last played them they've no Cavanni or Levazzi who both ripped us a new one. We need to grow a pair, man the fuck up and do these fuckers at our place and graft for a result at their place.

How about Bayern - Atletico - MCFC - Napoli, lets have it!

Even our red friends could end up with something nasty with Juve and Dortmund or Milan and Shalke

I think you're underestimating how good Napoli are at their place which is arguably one of the most dangerous away trips in Europe for any team and its supporters.

Stelling wrote a blog on it when Chelsea got a hiding there...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12088_7540102,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 02,00.html</a>

MaineBlue88 said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Its not a con though is it - just we've not been good enough in the competition have we?
The annoying thing is had we managed an extra 2 points for our co-efficient (which we could have done playing in the Europa League easily) we would be in pot 2. We can't have it both ways though it's either play on Thursdays and try and win the thing and watch the League form go out the window or as most people wanted last year, fuck the Europa League off and concentrate on the EP League. In effect we did the latter (on purpose or not getting dicked by Ajax twice saw to that) so now were in Pot 3 and have to lump it! Teams in 3 or 4 end up with toughies in the draw and it'll always look like a group of death because we're in it from Pot 3. Theres only Napoli in 4 worth worrying about and am not sure if thats the case now as we're stronger and since we last played them they've no Cavanni or Levazzi who both ripped us a new one. We need to grow a pair, man the fuck up and do these fuckers at our place and graft for a result at their place.

How about Bayern - Atletico - MCFC - Napoli, lets have it!

Even our red friends could end up with something nasty with Juve and Dortmund or Milan and Shalke

I think you're underestimating how good Napoli are at their place which is arguably one of the most dangerous away trips in Europe for any team and its supporters.

Stelling wrote a blog on it when Chelsea got a hiding there...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12088_7540102,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 02,00.html</a>

I agree about Napoli, when the big teams turn up at their ground their fans back the team massively! Not many teams will walk out with 3 points.

Same applies to Atletico Madrid as well in my opinion, not only is Simeone one of the best new coaches on the scene who gets Atletico playing as a proper team, they arguably have the best set of fans in Spain and won't let many top teams leave with all 3 points as well.

conormcfc said:
I love how people genuinely believe it's fixed!

Thats because it is.

Everything about the competition is fixed. From the fact its not just for champions to the coefficients that protects the chosen few.if and its a very big if the balls are dabbled with to erase certain clubs the referees step in. Some the decisions we've had are a joke. Home and away.

as for the "draw" itself id like porto again as it was the best trip and in September please whilst its still warm. If we are going to get stitched up we may aswell enjoy it. Not bothered about napoli as much as they no longer have lavazzi and cavani, not that I'll be going cos its a proper shit hole. .

The draw isn't so much fixed as unfair with false bias. I can accept that if for example Arse or AC finish in a auto qualification place in the League they should move into whatever pot their coefficient demands however, if they need to qualify they should move to pot 4.

Not only would this be fairer but would also stop (it must happen elsewhere) teams like Arse playing for 4th place.

de niro said:
MadchesterCity said:
Jumanji said:
Most are being facetious.

it is fixed to an extent, take last year when the scum couldn't get Dortmund

Correct. We drew cruj and they were swapped over to suit the scum. That can't be right.

The most annoying thing is how open they are about it, "oh well that means Manchester city play Dortmund" wtf as "Manchester United can't be drawn against a difficult opponent"

I would like to see all the get outs listed before the draw, this bullshit makes me sick

Can't get too excited about the CL and this is coming from an old Vienna veteran. Much prefer it as a knock out competition.

The bias against City is not deliberate but it's even more significant than most football fans realise because we can't be drawn against an English Team from Pot One, therefore we get drawn against Europe's crack sides - which are for the moment better than the English clubs.

City are guaranteed to draw one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter and Porto

It's still possible that City could get an easier draw than Man Utd. They have been extraordinarily lucky in recent years.

Ideally we get Porto or Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.