Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I don’t think anyone tried to fuck us over.

The linesman was right to put his flag up because BSilva was in an offside position and from the linesman’s perspective he probably looked like he was in the keeper’s way.

This is pretty much his view of it. Not forgetting they see it once at one speed from one angle.

We can’t see that BSilva moved to the side from that view so neither will the linesman have.

I thought the officiating was spot on for it. The linesman rightly flagged and VAR rightly asked the ref to have a look at the screen to overturn the decision of no goal.

The odd thing about that video is the wolves players haven't noticed the linesman flagging. The City players haven't noticed the linesman flagging.

I would have thought it would be the first things players do.

Obviously very happy with the win, but the ‘decision’ by Attwell to ask the ref to go to the monitor was an absolute farce.

The media have jumped on it now and collectively decided that Bernie (all 5 foot four of him and 9 stone dripping wet) backing in to the keeper briefly before the corner came curling in somehow impeded the keeper.

What a joke!!!

I don’t know how many times this season I’ve seen Eddie surrounded by players who are not the slightest bit interested in the ball (yes you Arsenal) and whose sole purpose is to shove and block Eddie from getting to the ball from a corner. Is any of that referred to VAR? Of course not.

Atwell has to be one of the biggest cheats going around and that referral to ask the ref to the monitor was just plain disgusting.

Luckily for us the ref overruled Atwell. Otherwise it would have been the biggest injustice of the season.
Didn't realise it was Atwell. The same ref who said that Rashford wasn't interfering with play when he shielded the ball for 20 yards until his team mate could hit his shot.

Haha. Haaland was literally a ghost out there, and the fact that people like you still defend him is admirable. He's on his way to being the best goal scorer of all time, but he shouldn't be above getting taken off when he looks as uninterested and, more importantly, as ineffective as he was yesterday.
Haaland didn't have a good game yesterday, Most weeks he's playing against three centre backs and trying to get a yard of space and keep them occupied something which he's the best in the business at doing.

For me personally I would have went mental if Pep subbed Haaland yesterday at 1-1, We needed a goal and the last thing we needed was our top goalscorer coming off as all he needs is half a yard to pull the trigger and score.

Numerous games in the past he wasn't really involved, Everton at home last season he barely got a kick and we were struggling to open the scoring and Erling came up with something out of nothing, That's just one example.

I understand your point of nobody should be above taken off but I think it would be a stupid decision to take Haaland off if you need a goal. That's just my opinion.

Watching MOTD2 O’Neill was calling for offside not obstruction so when he learned the laws you can’t be offside from a corner he’s switched it to obstruction, dickhead.
I think he was offside once Stones headed it. However, deemed not to be interfering with play (regardless of the Brian Clough quote).

From the bbc website:

It could, however, be argued Silva should have been penalised for a foul on the goalkeeper.

I don’t recall a similar plea when Eddie was fouled when the Arse got their second goal!

Had Liverpool scored the Stones goal there would be a completely different complexion in the report. Same thing happened yesterday in the MCWFC game - had it been the Rags who’d come from behind then it’s a completely positive slant!

Remember there’s men out there that genuinely believe the Prem are on City’s side and will do everything they can to favour us, whist in the same thought are praying that we’re punished for the 115. I wonder who charged us with that then? The muffin man?

They walk among us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.