Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I think the only debating point around our winning goal was the role of Bernie on the keeper upto and during the delivery, the question of line of sight was completely dismissed (correctly) as he was well out of the way.

I personally didn't see much beyond very normal keeper/player tussling. Actually the video on pg 96 has very good footage of it.

The first image is just after Foden takes the corner, Bernie is rooted to the spot and maybe, if i'm being controversial, deliberately stopping the keeper from coming out. In the footage you can see the keeper straining forwards and Silva just digging in; NO GOAL!

1729500240686.png

Then immediately the keeper gives him a shove, the usual "i'm the keeper, move" sort of shove they do all the time; PENALTY!

1729500428387.png

i think my point is, when watched in real-time, Bernie's 'block' and the Keeper's 'shove' are all part of the same fluid motion, neither is what people would claim them to be. It's all part of corner taking, but it's accentuated because a) there was a goal, and a winning one at that and b) the 2 players are completely isolated from the pack, which is a bit unusual too.

It's a goal, all day, for me.

Gary O'Neil can frankly "do one" as they say...perhaps if his boring team actually made more of an effort to win that game late on yesterday then he wouldn't need to whinge. Yes, revolutionary idea I know, but it's amazing how the teams trying to gamble and win matches late on tend to score more than teams sticking 11 behind the ball for the last 15 minutes.

K: VAR can you find anything that I can use to disallow the goal?

A: I've got this but even for us it's a stretch. Have a look and see if you think we'll get away with it.

K: FFS GOAL!!!!

Also, I didn't notice this live, but did anyone else see the sideline referee seemingly walk right between Pep trying to shake the Wolves' manager's hand? My screengrab really doesn't do justice to how rude it was, to put it nicely.
I saw that. Think it might have been ground staff myself as he went onto the pitch afterwards. I might be wrong though.

For everyone berating Attwell or VAR trying to fuck us over.

It was the on field team that tried to fuck us over.

VAR advised the ref to re visit the decision.

The VAR team worked in our favour.
I think the confusion has arisen because the on field decision was missed by so many. I'm sure the Sky commentators were making out the review was to disallow the goal as well which added to the confusion. Correct decision in the end though.

The ref raised his hand after 20 or 30 seconds after initially awarding the goal. He stood around for a few seconds while the Wolves fans celebrated, then went to the monitor, turned round and pissed on their chips. Cue pandemonium in the away section.

Makes sense that the Wolves fans were cheering at something but I still haven’t seen the referee raising his arm or any footage of the goal being disallowed and again, for him to rule it out for offside there should have been some indication from the linesman too.

All seems a bit suss really but hopefully the audio recordings will be released next time Owen and Webb do their comedy duo routine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.