Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

It's bizarre that they cite the offside aspect - Bernardo wasn't offside from the corner and when Stones heads it, he's away from Sa, so not interfering etc. The fact that ex-players don't know that is surreal.

I think ex players do but have to tow the anti City line

Feels like we’re missing a real leader on the pitch. There was no lack of effort though and If we can get Doku/Savio to be more consistent and with Kev back in the team we’ll be just fine.

You simply cannot beat a last gasp winner. Magical scenes at the end and I've been buzzing from it ever since. We even got to experience it twice over thanks to var. However, the 90 minutes of shite preceeding it was not worth it. That should have been a no thrills 3 goal win.

If anybody is still questioning whether we've got some major issues, they need to take the blinkers off. The signs have been there for numerous games now and it's going to bite us hard in the arse unless rectified.

Bottom of the league and we score from our left back producing a worldie and a centre back from a corner. Only other notable chances we had the entire game were a couple of efforts from around the edge of the box. Think the keeper made one great save and a couple of standard saves and that was the entire extent of gis work despite us camping in their final third for practically the whole game. Thats just not good enough, we create so little right now and it should be a major concern. We spend so long going absolutely nowhere, soon as it hit 90 minutes today, We spent the entire first 2 minutes of injury time going sideways only to gladly settle for a corner that we could easily have got 90 seconds prior. Pep has got to find some penetration and a way of supplying Haaland. This idea that every team just sits in against us and its especially hard for us is bollocks im afraid, they do that because we are so pedestrian with the ball and offer no threat in behind. we purposefully turn the game into that, we never attack quickly and directly, we always wait until they've set and that's why we cannot create anything.

We're also pathetically wide open to any counter when we lose possession even against sides without notable pace, the amount of times I saw players not even bothering to get back in after we lost it today was ridiculous, no individual blame, was a collective thing they're all guilty of. It's no surprise we routinely concede on transition from few chances, the shape is just asking for that to happen every time we lose the ball and we're clearly getting no benefit from throwing so many ahead of the ball either.

pep has to change our approach because this isn't a one off shit performance it's a pattern.

Spot on. We're just about getting away with it atm.

The Boys in Blue didn't give in, they fought to the end and boy what an end!! :-) Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed 'em, you showed 'em all.
Especially that load of baby wolves, who couldn't do it. You tried but we showed you.
Especially the know nowt alleged media lot who wouldn't know good football if presented to them on a goalden platter!! ;-) You shower of bobolynes, you fools, you load of cumberworlds. Take that.
Especially the Specsavers needing, whistle blowing load of fopdoodle, fustilugs. Now do you know who we are??? We are:
MANCHESTER CITY, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.
John Boy did us proud. I told you he would.
fopdoodle, fustilugs
Mrs eccles, do you write dictionarys for a living?

We're arguably missing our 2 most influential players in midfield so our performances are bound to dip a level or two...and being hyper critical, gundo is looking his age now sadly....maybe needs to be more of a squad/sub player these days.......
So whilst we aren't exactly setting the world alight, we're still unbeaten and still in a great position. I'm actually proud of all the lads...it cant be easy playing against teams who stick 11 bwhind the ball and just sit there......they are still so patient and believe in themselves.....they still try and play, we never give up, and they really do fight till the end...
Gundogan gonna be back, Im sure. Everybody, including Pep and Gundo himself know, that hes playing is not about form but to get him back up to speed. And hes gonna get there is my guess. Plus, we need to try at least, because, as you saying, we need midfielders and we need world class form midfielders. Gundo has this potential.

This team cost me £260 today, instead of me relaxing with a comfortable win I was nervously watching TV at my dads, what I didn’t notice was my dog had sneaked into the kitchen climbed up via a chair onto the counter and ate 3 fucking Eccles cakes! They contain raisins which are toxic to dogs, so I’ve spent the last few hours at the emergency vets to get her treated, sort it out Pep.

Spot on. We're just about getting away with it atm.
We are doing what we always do. Managing the season accordingly, trying to keep players fit and rested, rotating and keeping things fairly simple.
We are without several of our players who would make a huge difference ie Kev, Rodri, Ake, Akanji and Bobb and still grinding out the results that keep us in the mix for when they start returning.
People expect too much sometimes from this group of players. When we finally have all available and we are right into the season we will start to purr.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.