Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

An awful game, as it usually is against this lot, which was petering out to a hugely disappointing draw, until our last gasp winner. We are second in the table and still unbeaten without playing well yet. I'm not sure if this is a good sign or a bit worrying.
We are too easy to get at and score against at the moment. I know Rodri is a big miss so Pep is maybe going to have to adjust how we play. Tweak the high line and be a bit more solid. Gundogan's form since his return is a bit worrying, hopefully Kev getting back will improve our midfield.
Erling was totally anonymous and our two wingers just don't create and score enough.
Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully Pep comes up with a solution for Rodri's absence. We certainly have to tighten up quite a bit.
I’ve never been to Wolves and seen a decent game of football

just seen our window cleaner on there - didn't even know he was a blue!
76BfrfP.jpg
Better : )
IMG_1275.jpeg

Took the train back to Stockport and was stood on the platform next to a wolves fan. +/- 50 years old, well spoken, not drunk and he was phoning his wife. He said he’d had enough, wanted to be relegated and back to a league that competes fairly, and isn’t corrupt with teams like City buying off the officials …. I nearly spluttered up my drink laughing
It’s City’s fault of course for their previous 7 games

You simply cannot beat a last gasp winner. Magical scenes at the end and I've been buzzing from it ever since. We even got to experience it twice over thanks to var. However, the 90 minutes of shite preceeding it was not worth it. That should have been a no thrills 3 goal win.

If anybody is still questioning whether we've got some major issues, they need to take the blinkers off. The signs have been there for numerous games now and it's going to bite us hard in the arse unless rectified.

Bottom of the league and we score from our left back producing a worldie and a centre back from a corner. Only other notable chances we had the entire game were a couple of efforts from around the edge of the box. Think the keeper made one great save and a couple of standard saves and that was the entire extent of gis work despite us camping in their final third for practically the whole game. Thats just not good enough, we create so little right now and it should be a major concern. We spend so long going absolutely nowhere, soon as it hit 90 minutes today, We spent the entire first 2 minutes of injury time going sideways only to gladly settle for a corner that we could easily have got 90 seconds prior. Pep has got to find some penetration and a way of supplying Haaland. This idea that every team just sits in against us and its especially hard for us is bollocks im afraid, they do that because we are so pedestrian with the ball and offer no threat in behind. we purposefully turn the game into that, we never attack quickly and directly, we always wait until they've set and that's why we cannot create anything.

We're also pathetically wide open to any counter when we lose possession even against sides without notable pace, the amount of times I saw players not even bothering to get back in after we lost it today was ridiculous, no individual blame, was a collective thing they're all guilty of. It's no surprise we routinely concede on transition from few chances, the shape is just asking for that to happen every time we lose the ball and we're clearly getting no benefit from throwing so many ahead of the ball either.

pep has to change our approach because this isn't a one off shit performance it's a pattern.
absolutely spot on. Signs were there last season, it's properly come home to roost this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.