Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Honestly, that was a turgid watch. Gundogun is really struggling and he in the same midfield as Kovacic is painful to watch.
If we persist with playing in this style, no way will we win 5 in a row.
It’s not at all pretty to watch at the moment. Normally, it’s because of the way the opponents play but currently it’s our play that is slow, lethargic and lacks any urgency at all. If these are the tactics, it’s disappointing.
When we get a chance to break, we slow it down and wait for the opposition to get back in shape.
Would think Haaland is very frustrated at the moment. He desperately needs Kev or Phil to start playing those through balls that he thrives on.
Relieved to get the win, but we won’t get out of jail too many times playing like that.
We've got KDB to come back, Walker to get up to speed, Phil, full fitness, Bobb back in the New Year and possibly a signing brought forward to January.

I personally don't think we'll win it this year but we're not that entitled are we. The lads have done us proud so far with a very weakened squad but I trust the Management and players to keep us competitive, loved the winner today but no complaints from me if we had come away with a point.

Unfortunately Lewis is a poor defender…..

Lewis along with Stones should have done better for the goal today. Lewis should have also done better for the goal against Ipswich...

Having said that I can think of numerous occasions in games this season in which he's done incredible defensive work, It's not an easy role he's asked to play as he spends most of his time in midfield.

He's far from a "poor defender" in my opinion, The lad will only get better defensively as time goes on, He doesn't get enough credit for his one v one defensive work either, He might be small be he's a tough lad. Rico will be our right back for many years to come and deservedly so.

I'm sure this will open up a debate, but a thought on us being counted against........ why do we try to play the offside trap?

It very rarely works, and we are immediately 5+ yards behind the attacking line.

Don't understand why we just don't just get goal side , even when looking across the line, and just make it difficult.

We are very guilty of just stopping trying to play offside, rather than just going with the man....
And ending up giving goals away.

Lewis along with Stones should have done better for the goal today. Lewis should have also done better for the goal against Ipswich...

Having said that I can think of numerous occasions in games this season in which he's done incredible defensive work, It's not an easy role he's asked to play as he spends most of his time in midfield.

He's far from a "poor defender" in my opinion, The lad will only get better defensively as time goes on, He doesn't get enough credit for his one v one defensive work either, He might be small be he's a tough lad. Rico will be our right back for many years to come and deservedly so.
Should have said a bit lightweight …….

Been to Wolves loads of times but for the first time ever today we had a wander round the city centre afterwards to get food and allow the traffic to die down

Never again!!! What a depressing, deserted shit hole. Its just like a big Oldham town centre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.