Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

We weren't great but still good enough on a normal day. One where the oppo doesn't get an offside and handball goal gifted to them.
We can;t cry about decisions all the time. I agree we were on the receiving end today in terms of referring decisions but we will get our fair share of decisions in the future games. What I am talking about is our gameplay today and I think it was poor. But it seems SWP has a problem with anyone who says we were poor today.

Dropping stones was a mistake.
Wolves played well.
Points after 3 games same as las year
Overall satisfied but we could have done better

We did enough to win, they scored an illegal goal. Aguero dived & Silva kicked the back of the defenders leg who was stood behind him. No penalty's should have been given & we have already dropped 2 points thanks to officiating. Let's just keep adding them up coz they are most certainly coming.

I expect Wolves to finish comfortably in the top half, so a point at the Molineux isn’t a terrible result.

Whilst Wolves were impressive and we weren’t terribly fortunate, I don’t think many of our side played particularly well today. We seemed a tad passive and made lots of unforced errors, which would be capitalised on against strong opposition. It was a bit like playing against a less ruthless Liverpool side.

I also think Sane and Mahrez need to stop trying to do too much when they make cameo appearances. You would expect it from someone like Diaz but not those two.

We dropped 2 points but have same amount as last season, having arguably played harder fixtures + WC fatigue was never gonna help this year

Other positives are that wwe hit the post 3 times (on another day one would've gone in) , had 2 calls for a penalty (the Silva one was the most nailed you can get - how were Liverpool given a pen last weekend for minimal contact and a stonewall like ours isn't? VAR can't come soon enough), we had numerous chances and played ok overall

Their goal also had 2 errors from the officials - first boly was offside, second a handball - i don't get this defense of the linemans - his job is to be in line with last defender/ball - he was far too forward so obviously he wasn't going to see it (unless we can assume other more underhand methods not at play). Could also be that Jota was in an offside position blocking Ederson view - again VAR can't come soon enough

We had an off day in first half, but on another day we easily could've put 3/4 past them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.