Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

Disappointing result today but hardly tragic. Even though we were never at our best, in the end we were denied by the woodwork (three times), an offside handball goal, great goalkeeping and poor refereeing. We are going to have a lot if this type of game this season and it’s important not to lose them.

I don't think we were shit today...but we were no where near the level we can be...I think the message from Pep would be that we were sloppy and not sharp enough in a lot of areas. The whole team performance was below par helped by some individually very poor performances (Kompany, Walker, Mendy (defensively) Gundogan, and even Ferna)

Sorry Blue, not to gripe but playing football is one thing (they were great to watch) but scoring by deliberate handball and an offside goal is another. Think I know what you mean but a reward by cheating no matter how shit we were is not a reward. CTID
Agreed, I don’t blame Boly for claiming it but I would hope he is at least embarrassed.

Having seen the replays, I think we'd have been lucky to get a penalty on either of those. It did appear Silva clipped his own heel, he might not have realised it himself at the time judging by his reaction. Sergio's would have been a soft one, wasn't much of a pull and the clip on his heel was hard to spot, it was the combination of the two which did him, just unlucky really.

Regardless of that when you hit the woodwork 3 times and concede with a handball you still have every right to claim you were unfortunate. The game was littered with bad decisions by the ref and his linesmen too which affected the flow of he game throughout.

Last edited:
Similar to the Salah one the other day for me. Didn't need to go down. Guess who got a penalty though?

He went down because the bloke pulled his arm then caught his foot with his leg, which knocked his out of his stride pattern. It just took him half a step to go.

Salah just chucked himself over for no reason.

Both were impossible for the ref to be sure it was a pen or not but Liverpool just got it handed to them anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.