Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

Missed the quality that KDB gives us i thought we started without our usual style of dictating the play also some of our passing was sloppy in all honesty we were lethargic Where as last week you could have chosen several to be motm today maybe laporte, but in general we were not up to the high standard we have set ourselves Lets hope today was a one off and we are back to our best next saturday Whilst it was handball the defence were all stood watching as the cross came in

It is ultimately the officials who will oversee how we do this season without VAR plus the fact that the powers that be want a different winner each year.
I’d play Sane on the left over Sterling any day, and I think Mendy is a great character and very good going forward, but not really all that in defence.
Unlucky today without being at our best, Kev is a big miss, and Vinny is a legend but not really a Pep player I fear.
MOM for them was their keeper, closely followed by the woodwork and officials.
A few more games like this one to come i think, unless we take our chances and take it out of other peoples hands.
CTID, come on Blues.

I expect Wolves to finish comfortably in the top half, so a point at the Molineux isn’t a terrible result.

Whilst Wolves were impressive and we weren’t terribly fortunate, I don’t think many of our side played particularly well today. We seemed a tad passive and made lots of unforced errors, which would be capitalised on against strong opposition. It was a bit like playing against a less ruthless Liverpool side.

I also think Sane and Mahrez need to stop trying to do too much when they make cameo appearances. You would expect it from someone like Diaz but not those two.

Doubt Wolves will finish that high. They barely got a draw against a 10 man Everton at home and got rightfully schooled by Leicester despite being more positive. I did not see anything impressive about Wolves so far. They parked their bus in their own half and got lucky because Kompany had a very off day + played handball to get their goal. I would say we were the ones who pissed the ball all over the field and made too many errors.

Our wingers bar Raz, are extremely underperforming. Bernardo has been excellent in the CAM position but very limited as a RW. Despite having a preseason I am more forgiving towards Mahrez considering he has not been here for 2 years. Sane on the other hand has been very poor.

Our play at the back was shite & our defending was poor.

Pep has just said we were not solid enough in defence & we failed to play simple passes.

But Wolves were fucking stuffy nontheless.

their "goal" was lucky to stand I agree. I don't think its a case of bias or cheating as as I pointed out it didn't look like any pf the city players appealed too much against it whereas if it had been clear to them they would have.

I also agree defensively we were poor. We didn't win the ball back quickly and ferna was doing it all on his own infant of the bak four when we lost the ball (though at times he was responsible for losing it...this is where we are very vulnerable in quick transitions from us having the ball to being on the defensive....Mendy is os high up the pitch as usually is walker and with Ilky in their it just creates another huge hole as well when its turned over. Wolves looked to exploit that and with a bit more class in the last third would have done. This is where we are always vulnerable and why Pep values keeping possession so much and we gave that away a lot today and there were a number of culprits on lots of occasions.

Yes we hit the bar/post 3 times which could be considered bad luck (or good luck for Wolves)
Like I said a mixture of us not playing well, luck for wolves but also them playing well and a ref mistake

Kompany appealed for something; not sure if it was the handball or the offside; I think the former.
I think he was appealing for offside...if he had been appealing for the handball he would have appealed a lot more than that as if he had seen it it would have been as clear to him as it was to people watching on TV.

It's more likely because he hasn't played enough, that he was too anxious to make an impact.

Judging by that run at the end, he may have won us the game if he'd been on ten minutes earlier. By the time he found his feet the match was over.
His JOB is to be ready when called upon...or he will never be called upon!

Not giving him any slack on that cameo. In this squad, you don’t have the luxury of “playing your way” into the game...or the team! Put up or shut up is all there is at the apex.

First City game I've missed in a couple years, how did we do? Saw that we hit the woodwork 3 times, the Wolves goal should have been disallowed and we could have had a pen. Seems unlucky

NBC really bigging up that we dropped points 'so early in the season' while failing to mention we dropped points earlier last season and we are on exactly the same number of points after 3 games this season as last.

Ussually think NBC's coverage is pretty good to be honest, a lot less biased than Sky for sure, but they are really trying to make something of it. Think we are gonna see NBC really get behind the dippers this srason.

Hopefully it motivates us onward now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.