Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

I think the Silva one was a penalty

I don't think the Kun one was as the contact was minimal and id not think in anyway deliberate.....whereas with Silva it was clumsy and there was an attempt either to impede the player of play the ball which created the contact.

despite this I thought our overall play was poor today...lacking the final bit of quality with the pass dn making too many unforced errors as well as. Wolves pressing in the right areas and right times. They were well drilled by both their manager and certain players in their team. We were below par for a lot of the match.

The handball was clear on the reply but the fact that none of the city players appealed for it could suggest that in real time it was very difficult to spot.

Our play at the back was shite & our defending was poor.

Pep has just said we were not solid enough in defence & we failed to play simple passes.

But Wolves were fucking stuffy nontheless.

Wolves played well today and raised their game imo. But will they play as well or just not turn against our rivals.
McCarthy's points had me thinking about this, I don't think we will be the only top 6 club to loose points to them, their system kind of suits it. It might however depend on the games in and around those fixtures, today they didn't have to think about saving their energy for the next game and they hoped we showed some rust away from home which we did. Arsenal for example play them at a good time, they'll have just played Spurs(Home) before that match(away), Huddersfield(home) will be the next fixture. Will it be surprising if they put Arsenal away down as a game they least expect points from and prioritise the Huddersfield match?

Always thought it was going to be a tough game today. To many average performances though from Kompany, Walker Fernandinho, Bernardho, Sane.

Generally a shoddy and at times haphazard performance.
Too many poor performances and errors.
Atkinson his usual twattish self when reffing our games.

Pep complimenting Atkinson???

To be fair it's very very difficult for the officials to see the handball, it wasn't obvious in realtime.
I’ve a feeling that’s not what he said to him,looked more like he was criticising/berating him at the final whistle,no point giving the media some fuel to throw on the fire by telling them what he actually said...

I think the Silva one was a penalty

I don't think the Kun one was as the contact was minimal and id not think in anyway deliberate.....whereas with Silva it was clumsy and there was an attempt either to impede the player of play the ball which created the contact.

despite this I thought our overall play was poor today...lacking the final bit of quality with the pass dn making too many unforced errors as well as. Wolves pressing in the right areas and right times. They were well drilled by both their manager and certain players in their team. We were below par for a lot of the match.

The handball was clear on the reply but the fact that none of the city players appealed for it could suggest that in real time it was very difficult to spot.

Kompany appealed for something; not sure if it was the handball or the offside; I think the former.

PGMOL have got their wish. We didn’t win.
Atkinson is a disgrace. He can’t wait to get the cards out against us.
We are too honest for our own good, if SALAD had been tugged like Aguero had been, you can be damn sure it would be a pen.
Anyone who says there isn’t an underlying theme with the officials is poorly misguided.
Why wasn’t a yellow given on the tackle in Razza even though he played advantage. It was disgusting. The one down the back of Bernie’s achilles was just as bad.
Vinny was poor today, some awful passes and pub team style clearances.
At least we got something from the game, on another day, we could have either been turned over or if the chances HAD gone in, we could have run away with it.
Not good to see Mahrez and Sane appear so disinterested, seems they have lost their touch apart from Sanes blistering run toward the end, the seemed to be pinballing off him.
An “off day” which I’m sure will be rectified by the players.

Despite us hitting the woodwork 3 times, fair play to Wolves. They were dogged resilient and can play good football too. We may have shaded it but we failed to score the decisive goal. Not the end of the world as a lot of teams will come undone to wolves this season

Had one good run, but clearly doesn’t understand that losing the ball is a sin in Pepball! And, if you do lose it, you have to fight like hell to win it back! Because of the way we attack in numbers, losing the ball easily puts the team under pressure.

Currently not worth his bench seat with some players not even making it onto the bench. Problem is, on his day, he is unplayable and can change a result in an instant!!!

Infuriating!!

It's more likely because he hasn't played enough, that he was too anxious to make an impact.

Judging by that run at the end, he may have won us the game if he'd been on ten minutes earlier. By the time he found his feet the match was over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.