Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

Surprise surprise, the media are now in full flow dipper wankfest mode. Season and title is theirs now. We might as well give up.
Absolute cnuts!!!
Let’s go forward and smash the next twats put in front of us.
Newcastle need putting back in their box!!
Liverpool have already got their medals were playing for 2nd place im sorry didnt you know

Good point in the end. Wolves played very well and seem a decent team. I don’t really know what some city fans expect. We aren’t going to win every game ...

He has mentioned about not being ready pre season and he didn't publicly offer Sane support for not being part of the WC squad for Germany. Last season he didn't start many games at the start of the season and Pep said he needed to do more in training. You won't here Pep outright slag players off (ala PEG) but he does drop the occasional hint.

Sanes "perf

to me whoever the team is is irrelevant...its the performance. It depends on how you see how a team played I suppose.

Did city play the better football (but what is better football? - this is a different question but for me its the same philosophy as Pep - attractive football is better football...others would argue football that wins is better whatever the style) - but for me yes we played the better "style" of football, more possession, more intent to attack.

On the flip side, I thought Wolves played better against us than the majority of the teams we play against. Although they defended in numbers they didn't sit back completely. They chose good times to attack as well as defending very well. When they did attack they caused us problems and got into some great positions where they should have possibly done better. They also pressed more than most (though still in a controlled fashion and at certain times) -again with this they caused us problems and although we were sloppy some of this was caused by their pressing/defending. They weren't just knocking long balls into the spaces behind us they were trying at times to retain possession. They worked extremely hard to limit us where they could and their players put a real shift in while we didn't look completely at it either. As individuals they were tenacious and as a team very well organised. Yes we created chances but not like for instance against huddersfield where we could have had 10 from very clear cut chances. They shut down Mendy in parts (no-one is every going to completely do it and made life for David Silva very difficult and Ferna had a very difficult game as well Therefore this is why I thought they deserved the draw.

But City, flawed as they were, dropped 2 points due to a handball, hit the woodwork 3 times had a point blank header hit the keeper, could have had two pens & dominated possession.

I don't understand the criteria for ' deserving' a point in those circumstances.

It is football speak, get over it ffs
Get over what ?What you on about ? How did we drop 3 points ? We started on 6 we now on 7 points ..Did Wolves also drop 3 points or did they gain one ? Cant both have done the same .(get over it ffs) is that the latest stuff they say in the play ground .Jesus this forum gone right down hill ffs

Last edited:
So you are happy with todays performance? Do you think Pep and the players are too?

No, but what do you expect ?? We aren’t going to just batter every team we play and will have some off days. League champions, two wins and a draw so far. Not much to complain about really.

Yes we could have done better, but it’s hardly bad is it or us in need of a wake up call

Did any one on here go in the 80s or 90s ? We would be on the piss all week with that result away from home
We only warming up .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.