Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

Just watched Pep's post match conference, he's a way too much relaxed and his answers are too detailed and benevolent for my liking. I miss tetchy and OCD Pep, there was no throat clearing, no nose blowing, no twitching......bring the old Pep back.

Mate, you'll be happy when he catches a cold this winter.

What Pep says on TV and what he says in the dressing room are two entirely different things. And picking up on a number of posts here what he won't be saying is we should have had a pen, the ref was bent/incompetent, we were unlucky with the woodwork etc.

And btw as Mendy's defensive abilities seem to be emerging as an issue here, the guy is effectively three games into his first Prem season. (With just the three assists). Form a judgement after a dozen games, not now.

Mate, you'll be happy when he catches a cold this winter.

What Pep says on TV and what he says in the dressing room are two entirely different things. And picking up on a number of posts here what he won't be saying is we should have had a pen, the ref was bent/incompetent, we were unlucky with the woodwork etc.

And btw as Mendy's defensive abilities seem to be emerging as an issue here, the guy is effectively three games into his first Prem season. (With just the three assists). Form a judgement after a dozen games, not now.

Mendy still managed to make the most tackles of any City player and as many as any Wolves player!

When we are off the pace and the other lot go for it a draw is a good outcome. Wolves earned it despite the dodgy goal.

And what has happened to Sane?

Careful, apparently if you critique Sane, you’re a rag. He needs to sort his game out sharpish! Such a talent but massively inconsistent.

This. Everyone’s been blowing smoke up our arses and this will keep us grounded. Let the dippers step into the limelight for a while because I believe they will end up flying too close to the sun.

This result is far from a disaster and it won’t affect much over the season as a whole IMO.

The dippers were lucky not to drop a couple of points today.
This. Everyone’s been blowing smoke up our arses and this will keep us grounded. Let the dippers step into the limelight for a while because I believe they will end up flying too close to the sun.

This result is far from a disaster and it won’t affect much over the season as a whole IMO.

This. The dippers might easily have dropped a couple of points at home today and when you compare their game to ours it just shows how much results are down to fine margins.

Ederson - 6.5 Not much to do

Walker - 5 - Going forward was no threat. Givesthe ball away a lot. Defended ok.
Kompany - 4 - Poor game all round.
Laporte - 7 - Did better than most but not really an amazing performance.
Mendy - 3 - We may have a problem here as we have a LB who is really poor at defending.

Fernandinho - 5 - Not got going this season.

Gundoghan - 5 - He’s making us notice how much we are missing KDB. Needs to improve asap.
B.Silva - 6 - Worked hard but not much came off today.
D.Silva - 6 - Did ok but with Kev missing we can’t afford him to just be average.
Sterling - 5 - Looked lively at the start but faded when we needed him.

Aguero - 5 - Took way to many touches on the ball and was running into people’s spaces.
I’d say you got those marks just about right, although I think your comments about Benj are wrong - it’s not a problem whatsoever about his defending against about 15 sides of the Prem, just a few where I’d play Delph instead.

It just didn’t fall for us today, better finishing in front of goal, to be fair, their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. You could tell they were defending for their lives. They won’t get away with it at our place.
They set up well and coupled with our slow play, poor finishing and sloppy passing it didn’t quite go as we would all have wanted. It’s far from a disaster, it’s exposed a few frailties which need addressing quickly or we’ll get seriously punished against an opponent who finishes better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.