Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

I get (and agree) with what you say. It was like mistakes from one led to mistakes from many. There wasn't much leadership on the pitch yesterday in my mind

Think we are missing Kev, it’s not just has passing and what he does in transitions. It’s the press and dominating the midfield, Gudongan did alright yesterday but you don’t see him crashing into players to get the ball back. It’s sets the tone in games and takes the belief away from opposition.

Also think Pep needs to bring Delph back into the fold for the trickier away games, Would have had our centre backs looking less exposed and stepped into midfield to our number and nullify the opposition.

Wolves are a good side, we saw that last year. However City were sloppy yesterday with chances created and balls coming out from the back that put us in danger.

We would have found a way to win that game last season. Hopefully it’s a bit of ring rust with players still finding fitness after a difficult pre season with the team not all being together because of the World Cup.

As well as Wolves played in terms of counter attacking they only had 2 attempts on target, one of which was a handball. We could on another day had 4 or 5. At this stage I think I’d settle on a settled centreback paring. I’d like to see Sane given a game to get his confidence back.

Not a knee jerk reaction at all. Genuine observation but had Aguero, my favourite ever City play I mustard, become greedy?

I do not see him as greedy but more single minded in front of goal. The reason Aguero has such a great goal scoring record is whether he misses one or two chances he will still be making the runs and getting into the positions to score the goals and taking responsibility in those moments.

From memory yesterday there was possibly one time where arguably he could have tried to square it to Sterling but in all honesty if he is in a decent position himself he should take the shot.

People always say if he passed it just there it was a certain goal but for Serg in that moment he may not know if the player is offside, a defender is just running back to block the route of the pass and then he has to get right the lower/direction on the pass and his teammate has to control it succcessfully. Taking into account all those variables the right decision is typically to take the shot.

Not the best game on our half, but I still can’t stop thinking about the results if we had used a different referee, not a derserved draw.

Nothing to do with the result, the performance will worry Pep and rightly so. If you think Pep will say no worries guys we are better than this time last season, you are deluded.

You are the deluded one. You sound like you’ve become very entitled/arrogant and just expect us to batter every team we play.

I think pep will not be worried at all as he knows how good we are. He will also look at the season so far and think you know what 2 wins and a draw is great so far - Not having a meltdown over it and overreacting. Just my opinion though.

If you misjudge a tackle and momentum takes you into a player it's a foul. You're definitely on the wum, that's why you haven't quoted anyone with this post.

No he’s not. It’s marginal either way and definitely open to interpretation. People describing at as a “stonewall penalty” are exaggerating wildly.

You are the deluded one. You sound like you’ve become very entitled/arrogant and just expect us to batter every team we play.

I think pep will not be worried at all as he knows how good we are. He will also look at the season so far and think you know what 2 wins and a draw is great so far - Not having a meltdown over it and overreacting. Just my opinion though.

Agreed! We are not going to perform or win every game! It’s two silly points dropped but hopefully will fire the lads up to realise that they have to be on top of their game every time

Worst defending by City since the Liverpool and Utd games in April. Fernandinho, Kompany were especially shite and Mendy struggled. Not bagging Jorginho in the summer could cost us.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.