Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

What a silly comment.
'Just not good enough' for wot?
We weren't at our best admittedly but we hit the woodwork three times and their goal was a handball.
So it should have been 1-0 and with the rub of the green could have been two or three nil (whilst not at our best).

But we don't get extra points for hitting the bar do we, one a worldy from Raheem.

If people want to split hairs, Ederson makes a save into the side netting when the lad is four yards out.

Wolves have a goal correctly ruled for offside when Vinny has another brain fart.

And if it wasn't for Vinny in the dying minutes, the lad at the back post has a simple tap in.

Our team was strung out from back to front far too many times resembling Pep's first season.

Gundogan isn't good enough for what we need him to play, nowhere near, but that's just my own personal view.

West Ham should have been four up yesterday at Arsenal before they imploded.

All teams can point to their own chances, but we gave Wolves far too many looks yesterday when the ball broke down as we reached the final third.

The same looks which sees better teams such as Liverpool make the most of three looks in transition against us before half time?

So after digesting yesterday’s performance & I know it’s early days but the signs are there for me.

We should of won and scored at least 3.
They played at their best whilst we were very average and seemed to lack energy. Why ?

What does concern me this game shows our weakness. if a team press us hard and can maintain it we will struggle. The reason being we have not invested in 2 crucial areas and potentially have got our summer transfer very wrong.

Vinny is getting older, still a great player but for me in games like this he can be a liability. We need a centre back and for me McGuire would be a good fit.

Worryingly we are desperate for a dm. Fern is certainly starting to slow and make mistakes. He can not play all games and we have no alternative really but Delph.

Gundy is not good enough. I really don’t see what he offers. Weak tackler takes too long on the ball and never really creates. Clearly pep sees something in him.

To make this team work we really need 2 strong dm’s and I don’t think we have it for this season especially when up against certain teams. points in these games like yesterday will cost us the title.

Pep doesn’t like teams like palace, Leicester & now Wolves because he knows they will keep fighting and press us at their grounds.

Kev is going to be such a big loss because he works his ass off in midfield and that’s what we are going to miss more than his creativity.

We are going to destroy most teams but I see plenty of dropped points this season with more 1-1 results. We need our strikers to take all the chances as they are missing too many.

I’m surprised we haven’t sorted these positions (I know we tried but we should be closing these deals) the club want champs league and I see no progression for this year infact if we get a tough draw we won’t progress past last years level.

I think we will have a great season but I just don’t see us pushing on like we should be as Champions and dominating.

This is a realistic view not a negative one.

CTID
Hmm.......
"We need a centre back" [in addition to Kompany] - as a CITY FAN I'm sure you must have noticed that we have three other centre backs in Stones, Otamendi and Laporte in addition to Kompany.
CTID is a bit of a giveaway at the end.

Think tolm makes some valid points. We are less pacey and potent without sterling and sane. Gundogan for me is very good but not amazing ever. Should be a squad player for me.

Still we have to get used to the fact that we can’t win every game and if we beat Newcastle that will be 10 points from 4 games. Carry on with that form and it is 95 points form and will win the league.

We can't win them all but we will still win the league again.

Only 1 mistake for me was playing Kompany.

Stones all day long for me. If that was a top 4 team today we would have been 2 maybe 3 behind.

Vinny was shite & we got away with it.

Stones has to be No 1 until he needs a rest.

Why did we have to change a winning CB pairing..Stones and Laporte,alongside VVD,have been the top 3 CBs in the league this season so far so the need to bring Kompany in was just odd and baffling..Certainly hope it wasn't due to a sentimentality issue with the 10 year anniversary thing.The more Stones & Laporte play together the better for the way we intend to play..They are the present and the future..VK and Nico should just remain as back-ups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.