Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

On a positive note,re:Sane, Pep did make some comments this wkend stating Sane is now ready and In relation to Mendy m not sure he will be best pleased with his performance.

A feature of our play last year was stretching sides, making the pitch big and then KDB, Silva find the ball in the pockets via Fernandiniho and then the slide rule ball inside the fullbacks. We have lost that this year with the likes of Bernardo wanting to play to feet and then to work inside onto his stronger foot.

We know Pep likes to dominate the ball and retaining possession is king but for me we managed that last year without losing our attacking threat/pace on the flanks.
Pep needs to have the balls to play the 2 Silvas together in midfield, lightweight or not, it’s not as if Gundo puts his foot in anyway.

That way we can play pace out wide on the right and it doesn’t matter if we play with Leroy wide left or just inside like Jesus and Raz have both played in the last 2 games.

Pep needs to have the balls to play the 2 Silvas together in midfield, lightweight or not, it’s not as if Gundo puts his foot in anyway.

That way we can play pace out wide on the right and it doesn’t matter if we play with Leroy wide left or just inside like Jesus and Raz have both played in the last 2 games.

Agree. For me B Silva should be in a straight fight with Gundogan for the central midfield position as by playing him out on the right it means Sterling is not played in his most effective position. Then Sterling can fight it out with Mahrez for the wide right position.

Agree. For me B Silva should be in a straight fight with Gundogan for the central midfield position as by playing him out on the right it means Sterling is not played in his most effective position. Then Sterling can fight it out with Mahrez for the wide right position.
I just don’t rate Gundo, he frustrates the hell out of me as I know he used to be awesome - I wa sthinking about it earlier when driving home and I reckon the ONLY game where I’ve ever come away and thought he performed to a 8/9 out of 10 was the Barca home game in the Chumps when we beat them 3-1.

I just don’t rate Gundo, he frustrates the hell out of me as I know he used to be awesome - I wa sthinking about it earlier when driving home and I reckon the ONLY game where I’ve ever come away and thought he performed to a 8/9 out of 10 was the Barca home game in the Chumps when we beat them 3-1.

I think he is below a KDB or Silva but still a fantastic player to have in our squad and in monetary terms costed peanuts. If I did have a criticism he appears to lack a bit of heart when things turn against us but still think overall we are lucky to have him. Im struggling to think of another side with a better back up. Its just an example of the inevitable drop in standard you have with players who are not automatic starters.

in yesterdays game others were as bad...but continually over an extended period of time Gundogna is the weak link for me

Yes Vinnie had a bad game - more often or not he is solid
Ferna had a bad game - more often or not he is an at least 7 or 8 out of 10
Mendy was poor defensively (good going forward)

Gundogan is never more than ok....and is often the weak link....he did nothing yesterday baring the free kick for the goal....other than that he offered no attacking threat and was again defensively absent
I don't think that's right though. This season is only 3 games in so granted obviously your not referring to this period. Last season we lost what?, 2 games and smashed the rest of the league of which he contributed well. So what is this extended period of time your referring to?, because if I'm right the season before that he was out for most of it injured. I'm not saying his performances have not been below par at times. But to suggest he has been below par for an extended period above everyone else does not stack up at all. Particularly when you take into consideration the above mentioned.

I think he is below a KDB or Silva but still a fantastic player to have in our squad and in monetary terms costed peanuts. If I did have a criticism he appears to lack a bit of heart when things turn against us but still think overall we are lucky to have him. Im struggling to think of another side with a better back up. Its just an example of the inevitable drop in standard you have with players who are not automatic starters.
Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’s a decent squad player, it’s just I don’t understand why Bernardo hasn’t been moved there so we can have pace out wide.

Or, as Tolmie suggested earlier, we don’t deploy Merlin slightly further back near to Dinho and play Mahrez in a 10 role.

in yesterdays game others were as bad...but continually over an extended period of time Gundogna is the weak link for me

Gundogan is never more than ok....and is often the weak link....he did nothing yesterday baring the free kick for the goal....other than that he offered no attacking threat and was again defensively absent
Ps. As for defensively absent as I've said that's no more his game than it is either of the Silva's. Plus most of the area wolves attacked came down the flanks so if there are criticism s to be made on that point, they should be directed at Bernardo Silva, sane or sterling who occupied those spaces at various stages of the game. But they won't be criticised because their not gundogan.

Gundogan must be immense in training cause I can count on one hand the number of games where he's be excellent. With the options we have I can't work out how he's starting games this season, but Pep knows best.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’s a decent squad player, it’s just I don’t understand why Bernardo hasn’t been moved there so we can have pace out wide.

Or, as Tolmie suggested earlier, we don’t deploy Merlin slightly further back near to Dinho and play Mahrez in a 10 role.

I could only imagine its something Pep has seen in training, B Silva looks the perfect fit for the Silva/KDB role and yet im pretty sure for Monaco/Portugal he also starts out right and rarrly used there?

I fully expected Mahrez to offer options across all the forward positions including the KDB/Silva role, he would be an absolute menace with his dribbling ability when counter attacking and with the ability to play the final pass. Again I presume its what Pep has seen in training and the fact in the brief minutes he has played he has stuggled so far.

With the options we have I can't work out how he's starting games this season, but Pep knows best.
With the greatest respect, he knows better than you, as 2 trophies, 100 points, and over well 100 goals last year will testify too.

There's some rubbish talked about Gundogan, especially yesterday, where he was statistically one of the better players.

See here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.