Wolves (H) - Post-Match Thread

Pep Guardiola on Gundogan's fitness:

"Gundogan is struggling a lot with his back and he has not performed well in the last two games. We must reflect what to do to recover him."

Was never going to be pretty, job done is all we wanted today and we got that so no complaints.

I'm delighted with how we started the second half up until we scored, so often when it's 0-0 at halftime against a side camped in their area we don't put them under any real pressure or pick up the intensity until the last 10 minutes. Today straight from the whistle second half we went at them quickly, plenty of crosses into the box, it doesn't matter they were largely all shit crosses, it's about mounting pressure, tiring them out not just physically but mentally with them having to deal with cross after cross and be on high alert. The percentages are in your favour more and more the longer you do that, it's why Liverpool score so many late goals and was pleasing to see.

Bit disappointed we took our foot off the gas once we scored, because whilst we still had chances to score more, sitting on it ran the risk of what almost happened late on.

He scored so it doesn't matter but I find it absolutely staggering that Sterling was deemed the best option to take a penalty from the 11 on the pitch, he would literally be my last pick and I'd even make a sub before allowing him to take a spot kick. Pep needs to put that right before it costs us, it worked today but that will cost us.

Pep Guardiola on Gundogan's fitness:

"Gundogan is struggling a lot with his back and he has not performed well in the last two games. We must reflect what to do to recover him."
Phil or Grealish there against leeds? Kev isnt anyhwere near ready.

Shock horror Walton supporting the pen award.
Not a shock Hoddle and Ferdinand bleating no pen without any justification of note.
hoddle and ferdinand were spot on it wasn't a penalty imo, they were also spot on with their opinion that the 1st half shout was a penalty.

What is wrong with what he said? Like the loons who say the refs hate us. We got a huge slice of fortune with that penalty decision. If that was given against us I would be fuming.

We where very sluggish but got the 3 points which is all that matters, but I honestly can’t disagree with woodgates assessment. Some people on here are so precious and paranoid it’s unbelievable

Only one team wanted to win only one team had over double figures in shots only one team had at least 3 pens turned down only one team deserved the three points and it wasn’t the sorry excuse of a football team wolves and there boring prehistoric manager who be gone in 18 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.