Wolves (H) - Post-Match Thread

May I offer my views as a Wolves fan in peace? Then I will fuck off (:-.

Wolves do have a fundamental problem which is driving our own fans nuts - we do not have any attacking central midfielders....we have Neves, Dendonkey (who is basically a central defender turned midfielder), and 35 year Joao Moutinho whose legs have gone but still battles manfully. I genuinely don't think it is the current managers preferred style as he is known for being an attacking coach, but we just do not have the players who are mobile enough, and no new players (other than a couple of loans) have been brought in since he was appointed so he is in effect playing Nuno-ball still. We were seconds away from acquiring Sanches from Lille in the summer but withdrew due to his injury record. But such a player would transform us if fit, but we have known this for nearly 2 years so its our own fault really. We all wonder whether the lack of new players is down to it now being a bit political in that Chinese Govt are now saying 'no expenditure' to western football owners due to the political climate between China and the West. Nevertheless we are still hoping for a January purchase to dramatically change our formation as we have such a small squad, also the likes of Jonny, Neto, Boly are key players who are long term injured. Our bench yesterday was unplayed teenagers mainly. But I think the manager came with a defensive plan undoubtedly, I suppose it is anti-football but if it continues the team it will hurt more than anyone else is ourselves WWFC. But the counter point is that until Jimenez got himself stupidly sent off, I felt we were doing quite well, though City I felt,would probably score sooner or later with long range shooting. But how can you match City with their fabulous range of players? If you take them on at their own game you will get slaughtered. Furthermore, Traore is an enigma, he barely moves until on the ball then he explodes, but he doesnt seem to have the ability to move off the ball in anticipation of moves, in contrast, every City player is always moving around and it is wonderful to watch their flair and movement.

Time wasting? I'm not sure, possibly yes slowing the game down, but the Kilman- Neves injury for 7 minutes (?)was totally unintended and Sterling did catch Saiss in the eye as he has that uniquely weird running style where he sticks his arms out high (if you slow down the footage you can see he clearly does). But Saiss is the one Wolves player who goes down easily I admit, and I don't like that. Re: Jimenez, he doesnt even catch the city defender to get booked (if you look at the footage) but at that very point City fans were getting on the back of John Moss so he very unfairly booked Raul (in my opinion) due to fan pressure (we all do it), but he was then stupid beyond extreme to block the free kick and in that respect deserved the sending off. The other key decision was the penalty, it clearly hit his torso but I'm not sure whether its possible to tell whether it also hits his underarm in that moment. He was asking for it having his arm raised I suppose. Either way, City deserved the win undoubtedly, even though not firing on all cyclinders, even though I feel we were hard done by on key decisions. But we all see it our own way. Sterling, in our eyes, was constantly diving and going down too easily looking for decisions and getting at the ref, but you will probably feel he was being fouled.

Undoubtedly, if Wolves continue like this then our reputation will be deserved, so I hope we do something about it in January because its pretty dire but then I love the effort of all of them and defensively Kilman, Coady, Saiss (who cost a 'combined' £5m) are doing wonders and are each brilliant lads. But Neves needs more mobile players around him in midfield. Love Neves to bits, tho he deserves a move to a bigger club sadly, now our financial tap seems to have been turned off in the past 2 years. Oh well we had 3 great seasons.

Ok, I will feck off now, best of luck, I know some Wolves fans can be one-eyed, biased twats (aren't we all), but 99% of us would genuinely very much prefer City to win the Premierships than either of those hateful clubs wearing red.

Wolves at best are a midtable team playing the champions of England.

What do you want them to do? Play an open attacking game and get hammered?

They do what they can, all that matters to them is to get to 40 points as quickly as possible and then build on that.
Are they better or worse than Brighton?

Wolves at best are a midtable team playing the champions of England.

What do you want them to do? Play an open attacking game and get hammered?

They do what they can, all that matters to them is to get to 40 points as quickly as possible and then build on that.
I’ve no truck with that mate, it’s a fair point, my truck is them feigning serious injury without being touched, they were on this from the start and the clash of heads apart they were complete shithouses for the whole 90 mins.

Sterling did catch Saiss in the eye
Why was he down then surely he could have been stood-up? Moss was asking for a stretcher! He should have walked off to receive his treatment, so that the game could continue
Sterling, in our eyes, was constantly diving
Sterling generally doesn't dive, he so f...ing clumsy falls over his own feet sometimes, and we, him, rarely get pens despite being the team with the most minutes in the opposition's pen area, yesterday's pen was our first.
With respect to the pen, it looked a pen in real time so, VAR would only check for the ball coming off his body, before arm, or a clear and obvious error which it wasn't Don't agree with the criteria but it is what it is

Fair post though

May I offer my views as a Wolves fan in peace? Then I will fuck off (:-.

Wolves do have a fundamental problem which is driving our own fans nuts - we do not have any attacking central midfielders....we have Neves, Dendonkey (who is basically a central defender turned midfielder), and 35 year Joao Moutinho whose legs have gone but still battles manfully. I genuinely don't think it is the current managers preferred style as he is known for being an attacking coach, but we just do not have the players who are mobile enough, and no new players (other than a couple of loans) have been brought in since he was appointed so he is in effect playing Nuno-ball still. We were seconds away from acquiring Sanches from Lille in the summer but withdrew due to his injury record. But such a player would transform us if fit, but we have known this for nearly 2 years so its our own fault really. We all wonder whether the lack of new players is down to it now being a bit political in that Chinese Govt are now saying 'no expenditure' to western football owners due to the political climate between China and the West. Nevertheless we are still hoping for a January purchase to dramatically change our formation as we have such a small squad, also the likes of Jonny, Neto, Boly are key players who are long term injured. Our bench yesterday was unplayed teenagers mainly. But I think the manager came with a defensive plan undoubtedly, I suppose it is anti-football but if it continues the team it will hurt more than anyone else is ourselves WWFC. But the counter point is that until Jimenez got himself stupidly sent off, I felt we were doing quite well, though City I felt,would probably score sooner or later with long range shooting. But how can you match City with their fabulous range of players? If you take them on at their own game you will get slaughtered. Furthermore, Traore is an enigma, he barely moves until on the ball then he explodes, but he doesnt seem to have the ability to move off the ball in anticipation of moves, in contrast, every City player is always moving around and it is wonderful to watch their flair and movement.

Time wasting? I'm not sure, possibly yes slowing the game down, but the Kilman- Neves injury for 7 minutes (?)was totally unintended and Sterling did catch Saiss in the eye as he has that uniquely weird running style where he sticks his arms out high (if you slow down the footage you can see he clearly does). But Saiss is the one Wolves player who goes down easily I admit, and I don't like that. Re: Jimenez, he doesnt even catch the city defender to get booked (if you look at the footage) but at that very point City fans were getting on the back of John Moss so he very unfairly booked Raul (in my opinion) due to fan pressure (we all do it), but he was then stupid beyond extreme to block the free kick and in that respect deserved the sending off. The other key decision was the penalty, it clearly hit his torso but I'm not sure whether its possible to tell whether it also hits his underarm in that moment. He was asking for it having his arm raised I suppose. Either way, City deserved the win undoubtedly, even though not firing on all cyclinders, even though I feel we were hard done by on key decisions. But we all see it our own way. Sterling, in our eyes, was constantly diving and going down too easily looking for decisions and getting at the ref, but you will probably feel he was being fouled.

Undoubtedly, if Wolves continue like this then our reputation will be deserved, so I hope we do something about it in January because its pretty dire but then I love the effort of all of them and defensively Kilman, Coady, Saiss (who cost a 'combined' £5m) are doing wonders and are each brilliant lads. But Neves needs more mobile players around him in midfield. Love Neves to bits, tho he deserves a move to a bigger club sadly, now our financial tap seems to have been turned off in the past 2 years. Oh well we had 3 great seasons.

Ok, I will feck off now, best of luck, I know some Wolves fans can be one-eyed, biased twats (aren't we all), but 99% of us would genuinely very much prefer City to win the Premierships than either of those hateful clubs wearing red.
Good post fella, well balanced & I’m sure you’ll all agree Moss ruined that game, your players where allowed to push the boundaries too far in my opinion which in turn cost you in the end as a poor referee will always look to level up, add the fact Moss had already booked 2 City players for breaking up play on the half way line & you have the answer as to why a yellow was issued. It’s been discussed at length on ere how our players get booked for our first foul, and despite having 70% plus possession & less fouls per game (quite considerably) most games, we end up with more cards, Cancelo of all people will now serve a ban for 5 yellows, none of which he even left the ground, which is aided & abetted by a media narrative of tactical fouls. Interested to get your take on the Kilman handball & Ait Nouri foul on Raz (which is a 100% pen) ? City fans saw Wolves as a breath of fresh air and one time hoped you’d upset the apple cart & challenge for a CL place, I’d see some of the comments as more of a disappointed father who’d hoped his son would follow him into business but ended up petty pilfering (stealing time) instead. No need to feck off either fella, it’s always refreshing to get another teams fans opinions, stick around. Interesting thoughts on Chinese ¥¥¥¥ as we also have investors (think it’s about 13%) from there

having just seen liverpool and chelsea get the softest pens in the world yesterday it drives me mad ?
manchester city had 4 shouts for pens and if chelsea and liverpool was given then all 4 should have stood.
its impossible to say otherwise because they say the rules are set in stone for everybody to play under

manchester city play under different rules clear and simple
the game is bent and controlled by the officials. we all wonder why the city players lose the plot in games sometimes.
if it was me then sorry am taking the **** out on the pitch ? my self control would never last

I’ve no truck with that mate, it’s a fair point, my truck is them feigning serious injury without being touched, they were on this from the start and the clash of heads apart they were complete shithouses for the whole 90 mins.
With that I totally agree but is that not an issue with the officials?

It needs stopping, most teams are guilty of it and it does the game a huge disservice.

Would be elated to see a pure goalscorer in this team. Big as his chin is, I still think Harry would bag 40+ a season, but Haaland is the one (for me anyways).

Fingers crossed that has been/is being addressed, because it hurts my eyes and my soul to see us spurn the amount of chances we do.

With that I totally agree but is that not an issue with the officials?

It needs stopping, most teams are guilty of it and it does the game a huge disservice.
It’s a serious issue the officials not calling it out but they shouldn’t have to deal with what is nothing less than cheating .. It’s widespread for sure and it’s ruining the game as a spectacle for me …

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.